The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Thanks for the feedback, tween. I actually only have 2 belts (sorry Fok, I keep planning on picking up more, but then I buy booze instead or something), and dislike my black one - to be honest, though, I like the stitching. I think the sleeves are, in reality, pretty spot-on, the shirt's just ridden up in the picture (other sleeve looks like it's doing fine) and the jacket has done the same in the detail - I also prefer sleeves a touch longer, which I know is pretty anti-trad, but I'm ok with that. I'm not so sure about, like, shirt collar shape and all that. I also don't like the buttons on the shirt, it makes it look a bit like a pyjama top to me; need more contrast or something. Definitely agree on the pants. I am beginner :embar:

Do you mean color-wise? Everything seems to have gotten a bit grey'd out in the main shot, the close-up is probably the most accurate, and the pants are a slightly-faded dark navy.

Shoreman, I was trying for some sort of chunked-up Dries look, but I think the cuffed pants just make everything look sloppy. The boots might just be better with jeans, though, which is OK too.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Looks fine.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say the lapels are too wide, but that's it.

3. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Pretty much what I was thinking, too. I like the jacket other than the big lapels and think the outfit as a whole looks pretty damn sharp.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Only thing I would do is make the pocket square a puff rather than just a..square. just stuff it in there with the tips roughly facing up. Oh and the shoes area little out of place but it works.

Arm length is perfect do not shorten. I like it.

5. miran

miran Senior member

Alright, I shall now critique your threads.

Well I must say you look very well put together, which is quite rare in these parts. Very dashing.

The jacket is definitely too short, especially for a 2-button. You see where your jacket pockets are? Too high up. Try putting your hands in them...you'll look like you're dancing the funky chicken.

Now, blue-and-white pinstripe jackets are strictly summer wear. especially those inspired by the French Navy, like the one you've got on. I can see someone boating, or yachting, or even going to the races in that. You have chosen to pair them with jeans, which comes across as a desperate attempt to salvage an autumn look but there is no escaping that your top-half is out of season. There is something a tad schzophrenic about the whole ensemble at this time of year. The fact that you are very well put together gives a good first impression, but a closer second inspection gives one cause to pause.

I would go with a different colored jacket, and you are set. Happy Autumn.

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Synth, looks good as always. I officially check this thread mostly to see your pics. I would say sleeves can be shortened a bit, and even that's a minor issue. Otherwise I think it's pretty spot on. I don't think the jacket is too short (also don't think you can only wear blue/white pinstripe in summer...wear it whenever you want, I say). Technically speaking you should just be able to curl your fingers underneath the bottom of the jacket with your arms hanging at your sides, but I think being a bit on the cropped side of that works just fine. Makes it look a little fresher/less traditional. Pants could be hemmed, but I think they're also fine as is, depending on what you're going for. What are they, by the way? Cut on them looks real good. Maybe the only thing I would say is to second Shoreman in wondering if the pocket square matches too much. Something to break up the blue could be cool.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I think the pocket square is ostensibly in the wrong orientation in your pocket, but I disagree about changing it to a puff; it looks good as-is, and I think patterned pocket squares can look to busy points-out. If I'm puffing, I'd go with the "magician fold", but different strokes for different folks. Solid, or solid with a border, would maybe work better against the pinstripes, but it looks fine from a distance. Undecided whether an accent color would be better than a complementary color.

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Synth, I really like how you can get away with wearing a wide range of styles as well as vastly different proportions. However, I really think you look best in all slim everything, it's the most flattering in regards to your body type. I'm curious, how do people react to you when you dress more traditionally MC?

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

^Agree. Drapier stuff works best on smaller guys and if you workout a fair bit the more 'fitted' look always looks better IMO.

10. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

[​IMG]

JIl Sander
    RRL
    MMM

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

This is probably one of those "it looks better in person" things, but for the brands listed, that's kinda mediocre.

12. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

ha, i feel like no matter what I wear and what brands in summer it is always jeans/chinos/shorts and a t-shirt and sneakers. blahhh, boring.

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Considering how much all that cost, you look like a homeless dude

no offense mj

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

:rotflmao:

Its just a white/gray striped poplin t-shirt with some detailing, washed jeans, and painted gats. not sure how that makes me look homeless, but I did get a good laugh out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.