1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I only read Jet's and Teger's comments in this argument because those are where the lulz are. Don't care what acecow says.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dudeasincool

Dudeasincool Well-Known Member

AceCow. As someone who is watching this debate from afar, and with absolutely no relationships on this board, I think it would be a good idea to do what my grandmother always suggested: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all."

Seriously, Acecow, i do see members on the board reaching out to you and suggesting you relax. But then you post something, insult somebody else, or act defensively when you receive criticism, which then sends a lot of folks into attack mode again.

Start fresh as if this was your first day posting. Listen to see where people are coming from with their criticisms -- that is what I'm paying close attention to, as the people here are pretty knowledgable, and I hope to learn from them. Provide your suggestions, but lay them on softly. If someone is rude, ignore them -- if they were an asshole, the board will pick up on it, and the grief will fall elsewhere. Then I think all will be cool in Styleforumsville for you.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Dude. We were back on track for like five posts.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

It's easy: they lie.

1 person likes this.
  5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

nvm

6. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4 people like this.
  7. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

Those cute little bastards grow up to be the dobermanns of the sea. I had a run in with one probably not 50 miles from where you are.
    Watch yer back!

:nodding:

8. vettloffah

vettloffah Well-Known Member

I used to fight competitively and after I stopped about a year ago I put on a ton of weight. And actually i've been consistently losing weight for the last 3 months.

The comments about "lose weight and you will look better" is like telling a smoker that he should quit smoking because it is bad for his health. Pointless and obvious.

2 people like this.
  9. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

See a lot of guys waste thousands upon thousands of dollars buying clothes when they just need to lose some weight. Got a copping addiction? buy shoes and watches till you're back in shape

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

How old are you? 20, 21?

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

being buff or slim doesn't mean you'll look good. there's lots of fat dudes who look dapper as fuck.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

13. smashwindow

As someone that has been obese I can certainly say that I am a much happier person now that I am in great shape. Even if I was well dressed there was still a giant mountain of self doubt that cannot be overcome by buying clothes. Thats not even taking into account all of the health benefits, increased energy etc etc etc

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

i too used to be fat and im glad im not, but at the same time not everyone wants to be 150 lbs 5% body fat.

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:paranoia:

17. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

the excuses fat people make.

18. Teger

Teger Senior member

19. smashwindow

20. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

vettloffah doesn't seem to be like the gross kind of fat, there's a lot of shit he can wear and look really good in. He's really not all that big.

I don't think colorful tee, skinny jeans and slim sneakers is the way to go, but whatever.

I don't eat much so I have $$$ for jawnz, (10) but I try to eat pretty well a few times a week. Had a surprisingly great meal tonight at The Toucan and the Lion, since they just switched over to their spring menu (not online). It's an easy way to stay skinny I guess but I'm sort of out of shape

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.