Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

I like it but it is thrown off by your hair...looks like you might be trying to grow your hair out? Have you considered wearing a hat? I did hats/ bandanas/ all sorts of stuff while growing out my hair. In your case, a hat might be good to cap off your hair but also balance out the look and give you an opportunity to add something more interesting to this otherwise good-fitting but unremarkable fit.

2. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Kills it

3. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

lol dw i tohught that was your stomach but its actually your belt -_-

4. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Question- I'm sure it's been covered before but why do people blur/ obscure/ crop their faces in WAYWT pics? Is it because of some privacy issue? Or because people think fits should be based on clothes alone? I think it's helpful (in criticizing) to know what somebody looks like when judging a fit (eg Otter's comments in TOJ about what color leather works with what complexions, or any number of references about what face shape/ hair color/ etc works best with what glasses/ colors/ etc).

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Privacy

6. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Sig'd

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

7. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

You have decent clothes but you look like the definition of a mouth breather. Trim you beard, close your mouth in your pics, and give your pics some movement. I like what you are doing because your clothes are different than a lot of stuff that is posted here but you need better pics/ poses.

Slashy slashy!

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

the fanciest one is probably Parkway Drycleaners. they will do all your luxury clothes. they would handwash most of my margiela stuff. but they are expensive. my tshirts were normally like 18 bucks. knits are like 20. jackets and outerwear might be like 25. i cant remember exactly.

it might not matter to you since you do all black errythang but they are great with colors. will not fade at all or mess up exotic paint schemes. like my margiela spray paint stuff, my prorsum canary blazer, and all my jil stuff came back perfect.

they will store your winter clothes in temperature controlled rooms during the summer, and vice versa. they pick the stuff up at your house and drop it off too. id also get personal letters from the manager.

they cater to all the old chevy chase bags that wear rick and chanel.

for basics id go to a more plebian place downtown. got the job done though.

9. Lane

Lane Senior member

thanks, been wondering where to take my cardigans

10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

he looks fine - you are foolish

11. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

I know you are a respected member here so I tread lightly... but this is bullshit. Some of my most formative moments came from people who dressed/ looked/ acted differently from me. It's all about attitude. If you wear all Julius and you act like an arrogant depressed asshole then that's how you will be perceived. But if you wear all Julius and you are charming and fun and positive...then you wiill be perceived that way.

My favorite people in life haven't played by the rules. Fuck conforming.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

even though you are right you can't deny that teger is right that some people are too shallow to see past that, and that it could damage your reputation, job, or whatever.

13. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I do it whenever I happen to make a dumb face, which tends to be a lot. The good face pic is never the good fit pic lol

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It probably comes down to context more than anything else. If you're at school, at a bar, wherever, then it really doesn't matter. If you're in a professional setting or at somebody's wedding, then play by the rules. Clothing is a huge social signifier. You actively choose what you want to portray to the outside world in choosing your outfits, but it's not the be-all for the impressions you make.

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

yeah, sometimes - despite how many handsome days i seem to be having these days (includes good hair day) - i just don't photograph well....same goes for lots of ppl (minus the handsome days)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.