The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

MTE

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

2. miran

miran Senior member

are you telling me that model on the beach front is fitted!??!? maybe by ontario standards, in which case, go back to inbreeding and kindly refrain from posting further in this thread.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

shut the fuck up, jesus christ

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

They don't say polo is bad or the designer. I understand why it retailed at 200. Made in UK, Designer, Sea Island Cotton, maybe pretty good quality.
    You have money to spend 200 bucks on a polo that's your own behavior. I don't judge.

From my point of understanding, I think the majority here is saying, you don't look good on that particular polo shirt.

What I believe is you need to make one item look good on you, in another word, the item need to fit you, in terms of design, color, fit, etc.
    Not 6000 Tom Ford suit look good on everyone. People with good body may look sexy just with a cheap shirt/tank and cheap shorts.

If you really like it, you can fuck others. Otherwise, you are here to listen, aren't you?

5. colabear

colabear Senior member

[​IMG] [/quote]

Nice John Smedley polo m8, is it cashmere? the brand is usually known for their cashmere peices.

I'm feeling a mod vibe with this polo so my suggestion is: leave it unbuttoned, wear a bright orange tee shirt underneath preferably longer than the polo so you see a little orange peeking at the hem. a nice pair or white denim, and silver leather shoes.

6. miran

miran Senior member

I realize i shouldn't have posted the 200 bit. for what it's worth--i won a raffle gift certificate and it expired yesterday and i realized it expired yesterday at like 5:30 so i ran to the store and picked up a couple ofthings quickly without even trying on...the nice girl who says "Welcome! Can I help you?" told me they are about to close and i have to use it today, but here's her plan--get something that adds up as close to 500 right now, and then you can some back at leisure and return and get what you really want but the GC had to be used by yesterday...that's my story if you don't believe it well that's your choice...who the hell who hangs out on this forum can spend 200 on a polo? are you crazy? but i do secretly wish i could spend 200 on polos, i can barely spend 50, but at least i don't go to Wal-mart like Teger.
    [/quote]

Anyways, back to the polo. it looks awful because of the fabric, i've learned that much. sea island cotton drapes like muslin you see on those greek goddess sculptures in the museums, you can see everything underneath. if you want to show off your 6-pack and not violate the indecent exposure code, i guess it's great. i guess John Smedley targets the "in shape and with money" crew?

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

Awful advice.

I don't see "mod" with these polos. I see "golf clubhouse douchebag asswipe blowhard." Why is this horrid piece getting so much attention?

link says "it takes at least 60 hours to make one of these shirts." I am sure the shirts are well made of fine materials, but the style is vile.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

not an actual waywt. x post from EG thread to show the field parka

9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Looks pretty good, dude.

Congrats CJ--hope London was rad.

Aside, spot color fffffuuuu--

10. colabear

colabear Senior member

Awful advice.

I don't see "mod" with these polos. I see "golf clubhouse douchebag asswipe blowhard." Why is this horrid piece getting so much attention?

wow, you have a vivid imagination. I bet you are so much fun to go shopping with and play fashion police to the random people you come across in the streets.

11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Anyways, back to the polo. it looks awful because of the fabric, i've learned that much. sea island cotton drapes like muslin you see on those greek goddess sculptures in the museums, you can see everything underneath. if you want to show off your 6-pack and not violate the indecent exposure code, i guess it's great. i guess John Smedley targets the "in shape and with money" crew?

[/quote]

I dropped more than 200 on a polo before.

My last comment on this shit. Period.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

lol! maybe one of those back to the future shields. seriously, i would take waywts in that all day :devil: kinda like fuuma with the shotgun ahha

13. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Really liking that jacket mikey

14. miran

miran Senior member

I dropped more than 200 on a polo before.

My last comment on this shit. Period. [/quote]

Name of designer, or link, to the one you got?

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

On the topic of polos - The only polo I have found that I really like are the Band of Outsiders "this is not a polo" polos. I don't like the ones they are making now - their A-girl fabric MIJ polos from S/S and F/W 10 were the best. I like them because they have a vintage fit that looks nothing like the clubhouse old man steez. You can't pull these off if you are even the least bit overweight.

- I dropped $150 on those, and it felt worth it because I can't find anything else comparable and they were made in Japan with great fabric. I think they are made in Italy, now. Not feeling the new ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.