Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

It's not a rule, I just don't think it looks good. Excessively tall guys already have pretty abnormal proportions, it's probably best to avoid exaggerating that even more. Those particular jeans aren't tapered too much (it was a general comment), but you're mankle rolling them which has the same effect. Basically, due to very long legs and big feet, we want to avoid narrowing the area over the shoes too much because it makes the shoes look even larger and it makes the waist to bottom of leg proportions look even weirder.

I don't know if it's due to cropping or you standing too close to the camera, but that picture is badly framed. You've chopped off a bit of your head, which looks really weird. Your shooting height is way too low, looks almost knee height from that picture. Walking towards the camera doesn't help if you're still stiffening up so much that you look like a malfunctioning robot.

For quick learning I guess it's easiest to just look at what other people are doing. Look at how Phat Guido and aeglus takes their photos for example.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

2. APK

APK Senior member

Isn't the whole point of those Dick Dunks to show off the entire bulbous, Bobby's World-like shape of them? Wearing a jean with a hem that falls over the shaft of the shoe makes the shoes look like something from Disco Stu's closet.

3. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

[​IMG] It unexpectedly started pouring. Marc Jacobs Shipley and Halmos Unbranded Selvedge John Varvatos Not picture selvedge Timex and cute little Uniqlo high socks.

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

clark kent, try tucking. maybe even pinroll the pants.

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

yeah lace up the dunks real loose and do a sloppy sort of half-tuck, just let your pants fall on the top of them or behind that giant tongue or whatever.

Would help to get them beat up and dirty too, IMO

6. Islander

Islander Senior member

Much improved. Keep experimenting, post pics, don't blur your face. It's fun watching your progress.

NS look fine but you posted some a while back (N&F?) that were longer and looked better imo. Did you roll the NS because they are borderline too short?

Shirt is maybe a bit on the short side but looks fine. It reaches halfway down the rise of those jeans even with a flat hem so there's no way it's 4" too short. It billows a bit because you have a large drop accentuated by sucking in your chest but it's clearly not sticking out at the bottom from your belly as someone said.

There's a bit of a lat spread thing going on, it seems strange that we can see the entire back of your hands from the front. Relax, exhale and try maybe shooting from a slightly higher vantage point a bit further away. Walking toward the camera was good advice.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

they're not real, notice the lack of authentic rusting staple discolorations. since they're fakes dunks = funks ??

i say you get yourself a pair and march right in to work with a pair of drop crotch shorts but a mohair blazer and button down shirt tucked in. how is that for conforming to social norms :slayer:

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

9. malakas

malakas Senior member

imo bows is quite a handsome fellow, and dare i say, even has potential to be ''otter'' hot

constructive advice:

judging by your pics, which can be deceiving, especially with ppl who havent got prominent cheeckbones, as photos with soft lighting tend to accentuate it,i would say that you need to balance your face with a hair style that has more volume, especially on the sides and top

hair, like facial hair and glasses help to frame/accentuate ones face

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

By this he means Stephan Schneider and Damir Doma.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Click to enlarge...

[​IMG]

12. malakas

malakas Senior member

kgmessier, please tell me why you do this to me, tell me, why?

are you trolling me with the first pic?

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Those pockets make it look like the waist is extended upwards and ends at the base of your ribcage. Coupled with stacking, they look like they're for people steezing on stilts

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Between 6'4" & 6'5"
    Yeah, I am going to keep experimenting with poses, camera distance, and not looking so much like a robot when taking pix. Thanks for the feedback.
    Really like the boots with the rolled jeans. I also like how you spin so fast that you apparently cause one of your window treatments to move. I think I like it more w/o the jacket, however. Definitely like it more w/ the hood down.
    I did post some N&F, but they are gray and wanted to wear indigo. Just rolled the cuffs on the NS to get a sense for how cuffs would look. Posted two fits with cuffs and neither seem to go over well, so I might be done with that experiment.
    Robbie, I typically like your fits, but it's tough to see much here. The "flashbulb" behind you kind of washes out most of the pic.
    :lol:
    It seems like the pants are hiked up a little far to be tucking the shirt in. Are those the Thorogood boots from Epaulet? Those are pretty sharp and on my short list for a F/W boot kop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.