• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Phat Guido: That fit is just awesome, I've got a seersucker shirt similar to that but have never tucked it into jeans. Looks excellent, I'll have to try it.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
wagthesam - I think your workout program is exaggerating the weird proportions between your upper and lower body. Now you look like you have the top half of a guy who looks to be 160lbs and the bottom half of a 200lb person. Serious comment...no hate.
He started a thread in the Health forum a while ago, and I remember a bunch of guys gave him the awful "squats and deadlift no matter what your goals" advice. I hope he didn't listen to them.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
would have paired them with thom browne shoes but they are like 1.5 grand or something lol. you could use a seam ripper to take em off. for some reason i really like it when it is way down at the bottom of the pant leg. his more formal pants dont have it. woo hoo 700 posts. im comin' for ya jet
TB shoes are made by Trickers. The later are less than a third of the price of the former and offer more variety. I wear pretty much all my dress shoes or boots with TB and it works. I sometimes wear TB light grey flannel pants with white trainers but it is a discussable look. Please get rid of the tag near the hem.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
are you somehow bound by a contract that prevents you from making sense?

to be fair he also used a negation once when something was incongruent

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
How come PG gets away w/ wearing desert boots but the rest of us get **** for it?

cause there aldens not clarks ...remember theres a few brand whores who think they rule this forum

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

St. Patrick's Day
Her: Herve Leger, ?, ? Me: Co-Op, ?, RJB, F+B

Dress detail

denimaddict

Reaction score
casual conformity featuring Thom Browne

IMG_0911.jpg

I'm gonna quote this again because the pants fit ******* perfectly. They are trousers people. I have been looking for some higher rise pants with a slim silhouette.

And Synthese, that dress is spectacular.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
He started a thread in the Health forum a while ago, and I remember a bunch of guys gave him the awful "squats and deadlift no matter what your goals" advice. I hope he didn't listen to them.
I've stayed true to compound lifts for the better part of three and a half years. I've always had big thighs and a big ass, but kept with deadlifts, squats, etc. because they really are the best bang-for-your buck movements you can do in the gym.

That said, my larger lower body has always been somewhat out of sync with my upper body. Heavy squats, deadlifts, and the like were not helping this matter, even during cutting phases. I'm a week into a trial period of less emphasis on these movements. I've replaced them with walking lunges (low weight), jump squats (body weight), and more running.

I'm still going to have one session a week of heavy squats, deadlifts, and similar movements. But I'm curious to see if fewer of these movements coupled with more running and a continued caloric deficit will help symmetry between upper and lower body composition.

That's basically my long-winded way of saying perhaps wagthesam should try something similar, since he seems to be in the same Lifelong Big Ass and Thighs boat as me.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just doing starting strength.

Due to muscle memory, thighs back to where they were pre cut quickly.

Chest is developing thought.

Due to genetics I doubt as I increase weight the thighs will get more disporportionate than the rest of me. The chest will catch up, takes time though.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to take a fit pic, but then realized that I had posted it before. So, stock photo. Probably the last time I'm going to be able to wear the cardigan before it gets too warm out.
frown.gif
DBSS Julius x2 F+B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads