1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Miran, taking fit advice from you is liking taking fit advice from Ray Charles. I've said it before, but I am sure you were too busy with a large bowl of ice cream or something to take note, but I do not take fit advice from faceless internet personalities. For all I know you've never put a suit and tie on in your entire life, and are color blind. You may not even know what proper clothing looks like. It is impossible for me to take your seriously. You join the many in the fora who post while never having posted a fit themselves. It's pathetic and quite strange.

I do heed the advice of people whom I respect on the forum, those who have shown me that they can do a bang up job of getting dressed in the morning. I am working my way toward that. Your faceless, cowardly posts don't do anything for me, bud. Post a fit, then we can chat.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

thanks for the comments. i haven't shaved for a month or more now, just trimming with a razor (sensitive skin)
    i am curious though how do i look older? i am the youngest one in my office actually and everyone calls me young boy
    i have a very conservative hairdo :eek:

that brown/tan/beige along with black/dark gray color palette always fascinates me...sort of like those YSL leopard print loafers.
    My skill set is not yet high enough I guess to understand different shades to mix and match appropriately. I should visit the MC color coding thread and really give it a good read.

and Milano, i think a hint of white as in a shirt underneath, or even switched in place of the sweater would have been better simpler

thanks! (back to the drawing boards)

edit:
    and about wearing shirts. more and more i feel a simple button down is essential to my personal wardrobe. i just look and feel a bit out of my element wearing a sweater whether it be vneck or crew cut. tee's i find is a totally different from wearing a sweater as a standalone because it is much less formal in my POV thus not garnering the "need" for a button down or shirt.

ex. wearing a shirt tucked or untucked feels much more in my comfort zone than wearing a sweater. my neck feels naked without a collar

1 person likes this.
  3. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

faceless as he as, miran's comments are actually not all that bad

3 people like this.
  4. dibango

dibango Senior member

It's not a competition, du. FWIW, those pants need a burnin'.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

No idea what competition you are referring to. I think people read into my posts a bit much. Lighten up.

The pants, while not perfect, are serviceable and are not as bad when outside of the static environment of one photo.

6. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

why post on SW anyway? I'm sure MC will love it

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

hey thats okay, your pic is small/not great quality and from here it kinda looked like some weird soul patch/goatee shit. :uhoh:

as for looking older its mostly the hair and awkward shadow of facial hair + the knit heavy fit = makes you look like a 30s-40s dad. although on second look not so much. dunno. for the record, i don't care what mc has told you or where you work, you can get a nice hair cut that doesnt make you look ten years old or like a dad or a lesbian and no one in your office will freak out. hard to get a sense of your jawline/chin but you seem to have a long neck and head and nice relatively fine wavy hair so you should have a good number of options for styling. Maybe let it grow out a bit first.

as for feeling weird without a collar i dunno man thats pretty weird, most dudes feel most comfortable in a tee. try getting yourself used to a more relaxed fit with your clothes in general, particularly your knitwear and this may help you feel more comfortable. a lot of forum dudes just go for slim slim because they're so focused on fit but most of the time it looks way worse than if they just went with slightly relaxed or a bit more loose. sausage casing vibe = no bueno. there is really an elegance to a nice relaxed fit, see if you can find that for yourself.

EDIT - in general people, you benefit from not blurring out/chopping off etc a large portion of your face/head. when you do this you destroy the natural lines of your face/head and therefore the shape of your body as a whole and you come out looking weird as fuck. i know were not all cool with postin our naked visages on the interwebz but try and keep your chin and or jaw line and the top of your head if you must. i alwas like nils just blurred eyes or mouth technique.

2 people like this.
  8. the shah

the shah Senior member

RW :- at first that reads like you're a dog breeder examining greyhound pups :paranoia:

9. derrida26

derrida26 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

Alright dudes, the kids over on SWD seem to really hate the pants I wore today. Sadly, I can't take any of them seriously because they wear strange outfits and/or have never posted any photos.

So, I'd like to hear from people I respect for their ability to dress well (take that as an open invitation to post). Are my pants from today's outfit totally horrendous, or are they OK, a bit baggy, but serviceable?

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

11. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

While I was in Nigeria for Christmas

[​IMG]

and yes... that is was a real lion

18 people like this.
  12. dibango

dibango Senior member

immediately thought of this...
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

immediately thought of this

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

"sadly I can't take any of them seriously because they wear strange outfits...." so why the fuck do you even bother to get attention from them? you're like 57 dude, just quit the fashunz.

7 people like this.
  15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I foresee 12 thumbs up.

1 person likes this.
  16. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

good fit
    bad pics
    sorry
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    beams + LVC + SPellBound+buttero

4 people like this.
  17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

BTW, I'm 29 tomorrow. :D

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

long neck/face + loose knit is very bad. just further exaggerates the proportions in a bad way

a button down with a collar balances out the neckline from my POV.

drew can speak on this as he has mentioned several times regarding certain cuts of leather jackets he wears versus others in regards to the neckline

turtleneck is my next best friend ha! been keeping an eye on a turtleneck, 1 size larger than I would wear, but not sure if I would spend the $$$ to experiment with the over sized siluoette reminiscent of how some women style it up with the loose knit I'm thinking of off the top of my head, or it might be a loose knit scarf...

:eh:

19. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

why not use the laptop on yourself?

20. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

hard to get whole body in the pic w/ laptop sitting on a desk or watnot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.