The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I agree that the jeans could use some more taper, but comments about shirts being "blousey" are always hit-and-miss, because it's hard to tell what kind of build people have. This dude might have less of a V-shaped torso; he might be straighter up and down, not too much of a drop, thus the shirt fits pretty well (but the sleeves seem a little long). Any tighter and it would look bad (if his build is like I'm guessing it is).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Not necessarily too formal for all denim, but that loose a fit on the jeans + untucked shirt doesn't call for those shoes. I suggest some more tapered jeans to start you off. :)

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Shirt is too baggy (at least in the arms, and I assume everywhere else as well), jeans are too baggy through the thigh, especially with the shoes, and the cuffs don't work with the dress shoes. If they were hemmed and lighter blue, maybe.

Also, you're probably about to hear a lot of people telling you to go to the gym rather than buy new clothes - or at least to wait before buying new clothes until you've been at the gym for a year. Don't become anorexic or anything, but a little waist definition will go a long way in making your shirts look good, and in making you feel good too.

4. comeonyouspurs

comeonyouspurs Well-Known Member

Yea the double cuff is not a good look. I realize that now. I'll probably get them hemmed because they're entirely too long.

Yea the sleeves are def. long. I think you've got my build right too. I'm not exactly fat, but I've got pudge and I'm pretty straight up and down. I gotta lose some weight b/c I've been running into many shirts fitting well everywhere else but the arms.

Looking for a pair right now. Thanks!

Yea I need to shed some pounds. I was much heavier than this at the beginning of the summer, and I've lost a lot of weight playing football (soccer) but I need to lose more. And I need to start hitting the weights and not just doing cardio and footy. I've got a ton of shit in my closet that fits like potatoes sacks now as it is lol

Thanks for the feedback all!

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Should've specified - I meant the arms. Can't really tell with the body, but it's pretty clear that there's a bunch of extra material in the sleeves.

Also, @ comeonyouspurs, I wouldn't say that the larger jeans and double cuff are necessarily a problem, but they'd go better with something a little more - dare I say it - workwear-ish than what you've got going on with the current shirt and shoe combination.

6. comeonyouspurs

I see what you mean. I'll keep em around as they are and just find another, tapered pair of jeans for those types of shoes.

7. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Try Naked and Famous Weird Guys... I have big upper legs and the Weird Guys are made for guys with bigger upper blocks (ass/thighs/quads), but they still have a nice taper.

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Might jsut keep these boots.

[​IMG]

9. comeonyouspurs

Will do. I've got thunder thighs so that sounds just about right. Was also thinking A.P.C. Rescues maybe?

10. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Not bad.

11. MartinLil

MartinLil Senior member

Comeonyouspurs, you may want to wait to drop money on N&F or APC until you've got your weight where you want it and at a stable place. If you like the Unbrandeds that you are wearing now, why not get another pair of these since they are cheap and can be found on sale at Urban Outfitters. By the way, Unbranded is a branch of N&F. If you can't try the tapered Unbranded on in a store, measure you waist and thighs, and compare to the measurements on Blue Owl's website. You'll find the link on the top right of this page. Gap's raw denim is another cheap alternative to hold you over until you get to your goal weight. I'm not trying to discourage you from better denim but just don't want you to waste money on something that may not fit you in a few months.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  12. Desi

Desi Senior member

Sufu sized

[​IMG]

13. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Strange shoes :D. Can you post a close up picture of it.

14. aether

aether Senior member

awww, magician's wearing daddy's boots? :)

Desi, diggin those shoes. details?

15. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

whitenoise poster checking in: Getting serious Daria vibes from magician.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.