• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakas

Reaction score
AR_Six, you look so much better in boots, those lanvins just make your, im guessing size 12 feet look even bigger

if you must wear sneakers, then wear less chunky ones or preferably monotone ones...

imo lanvin look better on ppl with smaller feet

fuji, really like that fit...you finally you dont look like a carrot

glad you finally burnt those nudies

notwithit, you have a great vag gap

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kgmessier, best fit i've seen from you.

Last edited:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
This is my second WAYWT on here.
Last time (about a week ago), I was told I should:
Find better (non shiny rimmed) glasses or contacts
Style my hair more young - get hair wax, which I haven't yet, but I've started to style it more messier with the pomade I have

I'm already focusing on these things, so comments on other things would be better. I currently don't really have a way to be fitted for a contacts prescription, since I am going back to school (university) in a month or so and I can't find any appointments to get fitted before I go to school anywhere... so it looks like I'll probably be wearing these glasses for a while, since I don't think I'll be able to get fitted for contacts during the school year...

University Sweatshirt (from School bookstore) (lol)
H&M
Levis 511 Rigid
Clarks DB

I can't believe how well the university sweatshirt I found fits me... I wore it a lot this past school year...

SO much better then your last one!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really love the military vibes from this fit, one of your best. Boots are killer.

Information on the boots?

Red Wing cigar whoozy-whatzits, I think...

Beckman model? Gentleman Traveler? (Is what it looks like on my small-ish phone).

Thorogood 685?

my guess also or some Japanese-Americana imports

kgmessier, best fit i've seen from you.

Thanks, guys. Islander got it right.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
That's an awesome fit Kgmessier. One day I'll get the confidence to wear white pants
shog[1].gif

Here's my first ever effort in the WAYWT thread. Long time lurker of the forum. I used to go through this thread during my Geology lectures last semester lol (last seat in the back with a computer angled towards the wall FTW). Made an account last night and finally decided to post. Would love some criticism. I'm down with a baptism by fire so rip me apart if you feel the need to. Off to lunch with a friend (D.C. Restaurant week woooo!):

Zara/Unbranded/Magnanni

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
shirt is ugly, jeans are ugly and the dress shoes could be ok but totally inappropriate with the other stuff.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
That's a little harsh. Shirt is a good length to wear untucked, but it looks a little blousey. Floral prints get a lot of love around here, but this one looks like it's veering of toward "grandma's curtains" territory (I'm sure others would disagree). Jeans look a little baggy, too.

Agreed that the dress shoes look out of context. They could work with a shirt along those lines if you wore different pants, but the larger leg opening and heavy double cuff add both extra volume and a casual vibe that would go better with boots or something more substantial like that.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
shirt is ugly, jeans are ugly and the dress shoes could be ok but totally inappropriate with the other stuff.

Inappropriate how? Not debating your opinion just want a little more clarification. Are the shoes too formal for denim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads