The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

thanks! really appreciate it. I actually just got my hair before taking that fit pic. it really didn't come out how I'd hoped but the lady said I needed to let the top grow out a bit and keep trimming the sides. I need to actually keep up with it, but now that I know what I want I think that'll help. cheers on the weight loss comment too! I don't weigh myself, and I think it may just be a result of slimmer fitting clothing and less partying over the summer, but either way, thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Have not tried the WG fit, but I looked at the measurements and the leg opening is actually the same as the Skinny Guy. I had the leg tapered all the way down to 7". This plus I was really looking for a pair of gray denim and these were the only ones I could try on in person.

Nice mac! Your next kop, however, needs to be a bottle of Windex.

I really like this.

This. I went though the awkward phase of having to do this earlier this year and I am happy with the results.

3. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

Shoes too clunky.

Band collars shirts and in general the all buttoned up (i.e. to the top) look are not for dudes like you. Only accentuates your (relatively speaking) big head and also too 'dressy' for a small dude.

clunky shoes + big head + short dude trying too hard to dress up = cartoon

just my two cents [​IMG]

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

so because I'm short I'm not allowed to wear collard shirts?

I agree that the collar on this shirt is a little big but I also think the angle/position accentuates the size of the collar.

5. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

unbuttoning the top button of a band collar shirt looks weird.
    not unbuttoning it, on the other hand, makes you look like a priest on casual Friday (there are people who can pull it off of course).
    that's what i meant

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

How can you even tell considering my phone is in front of the top two buttons?

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Dude, I know you like to be hulked for the gay bars and shit, but to me you resemble Matvey Lykov so much (nh) I wish you'd slim down and get the cheekbones and pout going (nh) (yh) :inlove:

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Perhaps the nature of the collar has a 'high and tight' appearance which us big headed du's should consider avoiding.

[​IMG]

9. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

They are Baron Wells aren't they?

This.

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I think if I slimmed down I'd look too Jewwey/Russian (nttawwt). I think I have photos from when I weighed 25 lbs less, but even then I think I still looked similar. Besides, then I wouldn't look as awesome in that grey TOJ moto.

11. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Mikey, you look good. I'd consider undoing the buttons on the collar. I wear shirts like that with the top two buttons undone, looks fine. Don't know if its the angle but the shoes look kinda big....nice shoes, just look HUGE.

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the shirt is also fresh out the wrapper so I think after a wash the collar won't be as big, idk. the collar on my uniqlo shirt felt huge until I washed it.

also, I'm going to chalk the bulky shoes up to angle and the slimness of the pants. when I wore them with my denims no one said they looked too big :/

appreciate the comments everyone. not there yet, but at the very least I've improved from this, lol.

also, I'm a funny looking kid, but you guys can do better than the mad magazine comparison. and the shirt isn't buttoned all the way...the top button is undone. but the second button is really high. probably should have undone both.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Not to nitpick, but it's not actually a band collar shirt, right? I agree with your statement in principal, however, because I think that doing up all the buttons tends to accentuate the fact that he has a short neck.

14. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

^you're right, it's club colalr and i don't know why i wrote band.
    however, they are similar in that they both look weird with top button unbuttoned, to me at least.

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

So...maybe wear with pants where you can tuck or get the shirt hemmed? I almost never tuck my shirts in, but I also get the hem shortened if they hang too close to the crotch of my pants, and I'm reasonably tall.

I agree that tucked shirt + low-rise pants/jeans looks bad, but the length of the shirt (perhaps accentuated by the angle of the photo?) makes it look odd untucked, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.