• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mikey, you look at lot better with your hair trimmed on the sides, much better than having the same length all the way around. I don't know if you've lost weight or if it just looks that way, but you look skinnier too
fing02%5B1%5D.gif
thanks! really appreciate it. I actually just got my hair before taking that fit pic. it really didn't come out how I'd hoped but the lady said I needed to let the top grow out a bit and keep trimming the sides. I need to actually keep up with it, but now that I know what I want I think that'll help. cheers on the weight loss comment too! I don't weigh myself, and I think it may just be a result of slimmer fitting clothing and less partying over the summer, but either way, thanks!

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you tried the n&f wg fit? from your description of how you sized and altered your skinny guys I would imagine wg may work well for you.

Have not tried the WG fit, but I looked at the measurements and the leg opening is actually the same as the Skinny Guy. I had the leg tapered all the way down to 7". This plus I was really looking for a pair of gray denim and these were the only ones I could try on in person.

Just trying on my new mac jacket:

And yes, my mirror is filth

Nice mac! Your next kop, however, needs to be a bottle of Windex.

12thAug.jpg
^On the right

I really like this.

...the lady said I needed to let the top grow out a bit and keep trimming the sides.

This. I went though the awkward phase of having to do this earlier this year and I am happy with the results.

Last edited:

oldSFer

Reaction score

these pants are way too tight I think I can feel the circulation to my legs being cut off. also, I apologize for the horrible mirror fit pic.

baronwellsleviswalkover

Shoes too clunky.

Band collars shirts and in general the all buttoned up (i.e. to the top) look are not for dudes like you. Only accentuates your (relatively speaking) big head and also too 'dressy' for a small dude.

clunky shoes + big head + short dude trying too hard to dress up = cartoon

just my two cents
beach.gif

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so because I'm short I'm not allowed to wear collard shirts?

I agree that the collar on this shirt is a little big but I also think the angle/position accentuates the size of the collar.

oldSFer

Reaction score
unbuttoning the top button of a band collar shirt looks weird.
not unbuttoning it, on the other hand, makes you look like a priest on casual Friday (there are people who can pull it off of course).
that's what i meant

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you even tell considering my phone is in front of the top two buttons?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dude, I know you like to be hulked for the gay bars and ****, but to me you resemble Matvey Lykov so much (nh) I wish you'd slim down and get the cheekbones and pout going (nh) (yh) :inlove:

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the nature of the collar has a 'high and tight' appearance which us big headed du's should consider avoiding.

mad_magazine_guy_-_alfred_e_bush.gifmid.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Dude, I know you like to be hulked for the gay bars and ****, but to me you resemble Matvey Lykov so much (nh) I wish you'd slim down and get the cheekbones and pout going (nh) (yh) :inlove:

I think if I slimmed down I'd look too Jewwey/Russian (nttawwt). I think I have photos from when I weighed 25 lbs less, but even then I think I still looked similar. Besides, then I wouldn't look as awesome in that grey TOJ moto.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Mikey, you look good. I'd consider undoing the buttons on the collar. I wear shirts like that with the top two buttons undone, looks fine. Don't know if its the angle but the shoes look kinda big....nice shoes, just look HUGE.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shirt is also fresh out the wrapper so I think after a wash the collar won't be as big, idk. the collar on my uniqlo shirt felt huge until I washed it.

also, I'm going to chalk the bulky shoes up to angle and the slimness of the pants. when I wore them with my denims no one said they looked too big :/

appreciate the comments everyone. not there yet, but at the very least I've improved from this, lol.

also, I'm a funny looking kid, but you guys can do better than the mad magazine comparison. and the shirt isn't buttoned all the way...the top button is undone. but the second button is really high. probably should have undone both.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoes too clunky.

Band collars shirts and in general the all buttoned up (i.e. to the top) look are not for dudes like you. Only accentuates your (relatively speaking) big head and also too 'dressy' for a small dude.

clunky shoes + big head + short dude trying too hard to dress up = cartoon

just my two cents
beach.gif

Not to nitpick, but it's not actually a band collar shirt, right? I agree with your statement in principal, however, because I think that doing up all the buttons tends to accentuate the fact that he has a short neck.

oldSFer

Reaction score
^you're right, it's club colalr and i don't know why i wrote band.
however, they are similar in that they both look weird with top button unbuttoned, to me at least.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Not going to ever wear a tucked shirt and jeans and lol at hem length. Think those NdGs have a 8.5-9in rise, shirt fits maybe an inch lower than BoO

So...maybe wear with pants where you can tuck or get the shirt hemmed? I almost never tuck my shirts in, but I also get the hem shortened if they hang too close to the crotch of my pants, and I'm reasonably tall.

I agree that tucked shirt + low-rise pants/jeans looks bad, but the length of the shirt (perhaps accentuated by the angle of the photo?) makes it look odd untucked, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads