1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fischschleim PhD.

Fischschleim PhD. Active Member

No, lol.
    I tend to grow it out during the winter, and I've shown a hair stylist that picture for a haircut before.

And thanks to whoever mentioned trying wax. I'll do that.
    I don't really want to change my hair style. I like it. Plus I think it's good.

And I'll look into trying contacts.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

2. mike868y

mike868y Distinguished Member

your hair ain't even bad bro. I quite like it tbh. but I agree with someone above that it would be a little bit better ruffled up a bit. looks a little too clean cut and manicured in some of those pics.

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

This, pretty much. As is it's on the conservative/lifeless side.

4. Fischschleim PhD.

Thanks, I agree.
    I'll def try to mess it up a bit and make it more interesting.
    I'm guessing I could probably get wax for hair at a CVS. I'll give it a shot. :foo:

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

dude looks fine, he just has them crazy eyes. contacts/new frames should be the first step to consider before buying clothes.

6. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Dunno if someone's already mentioned this, but I'd stay away from H&M shirts. They have really low armholes, so they're cut kind of boxy in a way that a tailor can't really fix. Plus I've always had the collars go all wonky on my after a couple of washes.

Also, unless you're cool with wasting money, don't buy a bunch of new stuff all at once.

7. Fischschleim PhD.

I'll keep that in mind I guess. I wont buy things unless I like them and think they fit good.

Also, I don't live near an H&M store, so depending on how much I like, buying a bunch of stuff at once was what I was planning to do so I don't have to make more than one trip. I don't think there should be much wrong with this if I have good judgement when buying things. I know what I want and what I'm looking for. I could even list it here, and it's not by any means everything I absolutely have to have by the end of the day. This is in order of importance:
    Winter/fall/lighter jacket
    a decently fitting blazer I can use semi formally (I'm at uni now, don't have a suit yet)
    a couple shirts
    a couple sweaters
    basic winter layering stuff

Maybe it's not that much.
    I think I'm kind of past the stage of "I need to get as much as I can to replace my old clothes". That already kind of happened. It wasn't great. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

^ If you stick around here your taste will probably develop quite a bit. There's a solid chance you'll hate all of it in six months.

9. Fischschleim PhD.

True, true. Though what I get will be less trendy stuff and more basic, with attention paid to have it suit my body type, fit and things.

I understand what you're saying. I'm not planning on spending money on much else other than things I may actually need and no-brainers at this point.
    By no-brainers I mean undershirts that fit good and a decently-fitted-but-not-expensive jacket to use in rain.

10. cocostella

cocostella Distinguished Member

Snake - pants are boss.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

I'm a big fan of beeswax (I dunno if there's even anything else in it, ingredient wise) hair junk, as it holds its shape, doesn't look greasy, and smells great. Also, it lasts forever. I've had the same small jar since seventh grade. Shit is perfection.

I agree with the Cloak love, not usually a fan of that aesthetic but damn those look good.

12. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

waywt delivering the lols today

how the hell can you be 6 feet tall and weigh 125 pounds??? that's obscene i've got 15 pounds on you and i'm half a foot shorter (no fat)

cannot look at a fluery fit and not think of him jacking synthese's when fluery first started posting

snake those pants are dope (as styleforum likes to say)

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

This is just blindingly white

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :/ Decided to recondition my Ricards because I haven't really touched them in months, the Saphir was dried out (also, applied really lazily) and after walking around for a while, they looked all shitty like this. Need to redo

14. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior Member

kitakira is that gitman?

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Distinguished Member

Trying out new Yohji pants (thanks asobu!). Apologies for the awful colour balance.

[​IMG]

Extra shots -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ann Demeulemeester
    Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme
    Kris Van Assche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.