The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the jeans tucked behind the tongue of his shoe, isn't that a tongue tuck?

3. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

This guy is a riot :censored:.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  4. Fischschleim PhD.

Fischschleim PhD. Active Member

Thanks for the reply.
    The tongue tuck comment was directed at the poster above me.
    Now I know that the online stores don't ship (to the United States), but you can have things shipped from the store? Interesting, I'll have to ask about that when I go there.

I actually just got these glasses just over a month ago, and I've found them to be much more flattering to my face. I think I was making a sort of strange face in the picture, and this could make the glasses seem less proportioned in the picture. I was moving my mouth sort of off to the side. I've been thinking they have been pretty good myself, but if I hear other people down the road say that my glasses could be better, I will take a look back at your post to further research your advice.

This is a more clearer picture of what my glasses look like on my face. Sorry if this kind of posting isn't allowed here, though it is what I am wearing, in a way.
    [​IMG]

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

The company is called warby parker.

I just don't think steel frames look very good. I would venture to say most sfers would agree

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

[​IMG]
    Epaulet
    H&M
    J. Crew
    Stetson (vintage)

Shirt looks a little loose but it's straight outta the box & should shrink just enough upon first wash.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Good SVB

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

SVB how are you sizing your Epaulet shirts? I like the way yours fit and might snatch some up

9. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

buckler
    silent
    superfine
    brato

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Nice look, aegs.

P.S. I know your secret.

[​IMG]

:sly:

11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ I really like that aeglus fit. It makes me want to go on an adventure!

12. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

Not really liking the cropped pants, with such high cut boots. maybe a tuck woulda been better but that denim shirt/chambray is killer

13. epilepc

epilepc Well-Known Member

Hey Fisch,

I'm also a college student, about a year younger than you, with the same body type (height and weight), except asian.

Fit looks decent, kinda boring. For fit pics, try a less awkward stance like aeglus and nn, i mean jwied above. Where are you going to school? I know I'll be just relaxing my wardrobe to nicely fitting tees, awesome jeans, and some boots (more layers in the winter tho god). It's much easier to maintain, imo. But each to his own.

You don't look that short to me from the picture, so that's good. I'm guessing the trim silhouette is helping in that respect.

For the boots... they're whatever. They're docs. :\\\ I'd ditch those and save up for better. I'm like you, trying to get cheap things, and despite everything everyone told me, I still opted for the cheaper option. I'm going to end up buying the things I really wanted and spend more money than if I had just bought the grail item. Save up and buy something good.

And yes, H&M small will fit you, although it really depends on what you're buying. You're going to have to try their stuff on.

And then I suggest getting a fresher hairstyle. Your hairstyle looks too old for you right now.. Be young, you're 19. It also makes your head look really blocky. I think you need volume up top.

Good luck!

14. malakas

malakas Senior member

you are freaking me out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  15. Fischschleim PhD.

Fischschleim PhD. Active Member

Thanks for the reply,
    I go to the University of Rhode Island, an Engineering/German major. I usually wear t-shirts in the summer, but I wanted some critique on this shirt, I guess.

On the boots, I can say these will probably be the last shoes I get for a long long time for that reason. (I got them at a good price too, only $70 compared to the normal $125) These should be able to get me through a lot of the in between (in comfort as well). The docs give almost an inch and a half onto my actual height, too.
    That's good to hear that H&M smalls should fit me.

On the hairstyle- I'd say again to look at the other headshot I posted since this gives a better view of my haircut as well. I agree it is quite sophisticated for a 19 year old... As for the volume thing, my hair is a lot longer on the top and really does give a lot of volume in that respect. When I use pomade (cause I do usually), I can try styling it more upward. I've put quite a bit of thought into this haircut, and I know it works really well for semi-formal occasions, and when I need to look more professional I suppose. I agree that in the picture I posted, my hair does look a bit off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.