• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some dude just posted this on a British clothing forum's WAYWT:

Personally think it's genius lol, if you don't get it then you might want to read the news.

This guy is a riot :censored:.

Last edited:

Fischschleim PhD.

Reaction score

I don't see a tongue tuck. Fit looks decent. Hnm slim fit shirts are pretty decent. Plastic buttons and double needle stitching but they fit well for otr.

Get new better glasses. There's a brand whose name escapes me that sells pairs online. You choose three, try them on, and ship two back and they pay for shipping. They look pretty nice, is cheap and sort of feels it. Plastic and not zyl. If somebody could chime in with the name. I think its Henry something

Thanks for the reply.
The tongue tuck comment was directed at the poster above me.
Now I know that the online stores don't ship (to the United States), but you can have things shipped from the store? Interesting, I'll have to ask about that when I go there.

I actually just got these glasses just over a month ago, and I've found them to be much more flattering to my face. I think I was making a sort of strange face in the picture, and this could make the glasses seem less proportioned in the picture. I was moving my mouth sort of off to the side. I've been thinking they have been pretty good myself, but if I hear other people down the road say that my glasses could be better, I will take a look back at your post to further research your advice.

This is a more clearer picture of what my glasses look like on my face. Sorry if this kind of posting isn't allowed here, though it is what I am wearing, in a way.

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The company is called warby parker.

I just don't think steel frames look very good. I would venture to say most sfers would agree

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Epaulet
H&M
J. Crew
Stetson (vintage)

Shirt looks a little loose but it's straight outta the box & should shrink just enough upon first wash.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SVB how are you sizing your Epaulet shirts? I like the way yours fit and might snatch some up

jwied82

Reaction score
DSC02237.jpg

buckler
silent
superfine
brato

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Not really liking the cropped pants, with such high cut boots. maybe a tuck woulda been better but that denim shirt/chambray is killer

epilepc

Reaction score

This is my first image uploaded onto here!

I am:
19 years old
5'6" 125lbs
Looking for any kind of constructive criticism
Trying to dress for my short body type
Wondering most what you think about my new boots

I am wearing:
Pinstripe shirt by Express XS
Levis 511 Rigid
Doc Martens
Timex

Definitely not the most expensive or even nice stuff here, but I'm sort of a newbie compared to most of you all here. I've got a parted hair style, longer on the top. I'm looking to go to an H&M and Zara this week for more outfits. And on the fit of my shirt- How do you think an H&M size small should fit me? I know you probably don't like Express, and I know you would probably recommend getting clothes tailored, but I'm really looking for less expensive but stylish pieces, with a student's budget...

Thank you for feedback.

Hey Fisch,

I'm also a college student, about a year younger than you, with the same body type (height and weight), except asian.

Fit looks decent, kinda boring. For fit pics, try a less awkward stance like aeglus and nn, i mean jwied above. Where are you going to school? I know I'll be just relaxing my wardrobe to nicely fitting tees, awesome jeans, and some boots (more layers in the winter tho god). It's much easier to maintain, imo. But each to his own.

You don't look that short to me from the picture, so that's good. I'm guessing the trim silhouette is helping in that respect.

For the boots... they're whatever. They're docs. :\\\ I'd ditch those and save up for better. I'm like you, trying to get cheap things, and despite everything everyone told me, I still opted for the cheaper option. I'm going to end up buying the things I really wanted and spend more money than if I had just bought the grail item. Save up and buy something good.

And yes, H&M small will fit you, although it really depends on what you're buying. You're going to have to try their stuff on.

And then I suggest getting a fresher hairstyle. Your hairstyle looks too old for you right now.. Be young, you're 19. It also makes your head look really blocky. I think you need volume up top.

Good luck!

malakas

Reaction score

This is a more clearer picture of what my glasses look like on my face. Sorry if this kind of posting isn't allowed here, though it is what I am wearing, in a way.

you are freaking me out
mcQmb.jpg

Last edited:

Fischschleim PhD.

Reaction score

Hey Fisch,

I'm also a college student, about a year younger than you, with the same body type (height and weight), except asian.

Fit looks decent, kinda boring. For fit pics, try a less awkward stance like aeglus and nn, i mean jwied above. Where are you going to school? I know I'll be just relaxing my wardrobe to nicely fitting tees, awesome jeans, and some boots (more layers in the winter tho god). It's much easier to maintain, imo. But each to his own.

You don't look that short to me from the picture, so that's good. I'm guessing the trim silhouette is helping in that respect.

For the boots... they're whatever. They're docs. :\\\ I'd ditch those and save up for better. I'm like you, trying to get cheap things, and despite everything everyone told me, I still opted for the cheaper option. I'm going to end up buying the things I really wanted and spend more money than if I had just bought the grail item. Save up and buy something good.

And yes, H&M small will fit you, although it really depends on what you're buying. You're going to have to try their stuff on.

And then I suggest getting a fresher hairstyle. Your hairstyle looks too old for you right now.. Be young, you're 19. It also makes your head look really blocky. I think you need volume up top.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply,
I go to the University of Rhode Island, an Engineering/German major. I usually wear t-shirts in the summer, but I wanted some critique on this shirt, I guess.

On the boots, I can say these will probably be the last shoes I get for a long long time for that reason. (I got them at a good price too, only $70 compared to the normal $125) These should be able to get me through a lot of the in between (in comfort as well). The docs give almost an inch and a half onto my actual height, too.
That's good to hear that H&M smalls should fit me.

On the hairstyle- I'd say again to look at the other headshot I posted since this gives a better view of my haircut as well. I agree it is quite sophisticated for a 19 year old... As for the volume thing, my hair is a lot longer on the top and really does give a lot of volume in that respect. When I use pomade (cause I do usually), I can try styling it more upward. I've put quite a bit of thought into this haircut, and I know it works really well for semi-formal occasions, and when I need to look more professional I suppose. I agree that in the picture I posted, my hair does look a bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads