The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I get a lot of grief for that shirt, but I honestly love the pattern, so it stays. [​IMG]

As for adding spoiler tags, highlight what you want to hide, then click the black quote bubble in the toolbar.

2. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

3. aether

aether Senior member

yeah, you're being an utter douche to someone who doesn't need it/deserve it. shut up ya twink

4. malakas

malakas Senior member

some advice,

the problem with your pics is that you look so stiff and unnatural, dont worry i did too before i changed poses and went for different poses.

try cropping your head like a lot of members do, as most ppl have ridiculous expressions on their faces knowing that they are taking pics for a bunch of fags on a lame fashion forum, ok

try different poses, maybe set up your camera outside... set the timer and take some pics of you walking towards the lens...movement pics are much more natural

i also think there is a lot of camera distortion going on...the fact that you are tall, and the use of wide angle lens in a room with limited space is only going to distort the pic

5. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Looks perfectly normal for a shirt that's been worn for a day. Only way to avoid that is to wear non-iron shirts or OCD-iron your shirt every ten minutes, neither is a great idea.

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

skipp, you didnt have your knee up or head down. but the colours are very slack tide :fistbump:

7. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

Somone mightve said this but seriously a deeper v will work wonders, pose for the shots as they really make a difference. Smile or like have an expression or as malakas said crop it. Lean against the wall. Take a shot outside, it all influences the fit.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I will definitely change up how I go about taking photos (go outside, change pose, etc.) so as to reduce the creepiness. I think Agelus had some good photography feedback for somebody else about a week ago. He mentioned being about 10-15 feet away from the camera and having the camera at waist height.

Malakas, you mention that the pic is being distorted because I am using a wide angle lens in a room with limited space. Will shooting outside help to compensate for this, or is there another setting that I should adjust to help with this? Thanks for the tips.

It's a first step.

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah Bigg follow my and malakas' advice. Outside pic, zoomed, waist height and out a ways. Will get rid of most distortion. Don't need to say it but ignore clark kent since he seems to suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. Keep smiling too, it's a nice change of pace. I look like shit when I smile in pics so I don't bother sticking them up.

10. click here

click here Senior member

I happen to enjoy every Biggskip's WAYWT post. The shots just cracks me up everytime...please don't change! :happy:

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I usually look like an ass (or maybe I should say more of an ass) when I smile in pics. I'll make the necessary changes and we'll see how it goes from there.

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? ;)

12. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

skip, i think you'd do good with a more relaxed style to be honest. something corky with looser-fitting clothes. almost like a barims/berlin report type style.

you would definitely benefit from more outside shots and maybe a haircut? (can't really see much of it, a little shorter on the sides would probably do the trick)

your only problem now is that you look completely uncomfortable, which shouldnt be the deal when wearing sweat shorts and a tee. a more natural pose and blur out your face and it would probably hold back the assholes like me from making douchey comments.

13. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

ya this fabric sucks serious ass with its tendencies to wrinkle, my other shirts would be much better

14. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

no it looks fine, there's no reason to give a shit and luftvier is wrong (he probably eats with a knife and fork at a bbq)

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm a big fan of blocking out the face, since I think it often throws the proportions off when you have a full-body shot with the head chopped off. Most people have heads, you know? So it just looks little more natural to have a face full of pixels in a lot of cases. Some people do the head chop really well - NOBD comes to mind - so it's not like it's not a viable option. Just trickier.
    IDK, Barims and BR are both operating at a pretty advanced level. It'd be a pretty big step to go out and buy a bunch of vintage designer stuff in the case of the former and a bunch of EG in the case of the latter, and it could be a big waste of money and wardrobe space if it doesn't work out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.