The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

♫ It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

3. Navi

Navi Senior member

Mr Rogers Steez? Can I now claim that I have arrived? :slayer:

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Love Stazy's photo. Du got a crazy smile.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It was a fall day yesterday. It's summer again now, 20c or so, but this morning it almost broke freezing.

6. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

bored while waiting for a reservation, so fall preview!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a feeling I'm going to live in this jacket. I layered it with a bunch of different things and I liked them all. (under barbour, over blue baseball jacket, under vest, etc. But part of my still wants to get an oversized camo parka instead, since I have so many waist-level jackets. And this one would be redundant with my green junya one.

Thoughts?

7. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

^Get a cheap oversized fatigue jacket

8. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

+1 I think the style of dressing most appreciated here is great: v sharp, but somewhat safe, almost a uniform, and not necessarily the kind of style u see a lot of or is appreciated IRL. the PS is de rigeur for WAYW jacket and tie fits but rarely found any where else ... and generally considered somewhat dandyish. Take a look at the Wall St Journal, for example, and count the number of pocket sq's. Not a common affectation amongst the biz elite even tho many are wearing tailored suits and some even dress reasonably well. :uhoh: Men who clearly know a lot about cloth and clothes and fashion and are models of well-dressed trans-Atlantic style don't necessarily dress in an SF approved way - Simon Crompton, for example, won't often put PS and tie in the same fit. If he posted here anon he'd prob be pulled up on it. Likewise say Luca Rubinacci mixes styles in ways that IMO works most of the time, but strays from many of the conventions of color, pattern, cut and cloth here, even some of Spoo's fits that been trashed for being too 'interesting' are amongst his best looks, again IMO. def I like to see (mostly) perfect combinations from peeps like Holdfast and M Breinin but would also like to see more risk taking by peeps who know the basics

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Works for me.

Love the tie.

Anybody got a bead on a decent knit tie like that? Doesn't need to be baller, just acceptable on the off chance the need for a tie arises.

10. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Your post is somewhat contradictory. You start off by saying that a lot of the fits on SF are "dandyish" and not representative of what you see in real life and then you conclude by saying that you'd like to see people take more risks here. Doesn't make much sense.

11. acadiaspring

acadiaspring Member

Navi, perhaps my aesthetic sense is closely in line with Fred Rodgers', but, nevertheless, I am really digging the blue cardigan/red tie combo. Well done!

12. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

not saying dandy is bad, saying that fits here are often great but they tend to conform to a set of rules that do not apply IRL - they are part of a narrow consensus that can afford the occasional challenge - sos gotta buy some groceries ..

13. malakas

malakas Senior member

thank god you didnt spoil this fit by wearing hideous lanvins...these boots look great

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Lanvin and Viridi Anne would be some solid brand synergy, I'm def gonna try that. Or not. Boots are Mihara Yasuhiro.

15. snake

snake Senior member

^On paper my fit probably sounds really incohesive, but seemed to have worked out anyway. You should play with it and see if there are any winners.

Thanks for the responses, guys. :)

The colors are subtle, but it's there jet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.