The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

jabonator you look like such a wannabe hispter 18 year old =/

2. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Trashy brings all the girls to the yard :slayer: But I hear you, thanks for the feedback. And guitar case and Beam is not far off the mark for me. Agree about cheapness of H&M shirt and def need to up shirt game. The thing I really like about that shirt, though, is it is super comfy. It stretches- fitted but doesn't restrict movement, and I move a fucking lot. Would love to hear suggestions for quality versions.

By the way, this raises an observation I've had for some time as I've lurked the forum...there don't really seem to be *that* many different styles here. Of course, Zissou and Snake and Uncontrol and a few others have distinct and defined styles but, for the most part, everybody dresses strikingly the same. Some people do it very well but it's still pretty homogenized. It seems anything out of the ordinary often gets a lot of negative criticism, regardless of its execution.

It's a shame, because I really like seeing different looks. Part of why I'm here is to expose myself to styles and looks and items that I wouldn't be aware of otherwise (it's how I discovered my Roys, which I love). But I don't get much out of seeing the same Gitman shirts and Quoddy shoes post after post. I understand that a lot of people post to get feedback and improve (me included) but a lot of people seem to post to show off and I just don't really understand *what* they are showing off.

While I wouldn't wear what Uncontrol wears, I love that he wears it and I look forward to seeing his fits because they are interesting. I would love to see other people express themselves more freely. The fit I posted, in fact, is one of my more subdued looks and I still fully expected to get some criticism (of the hat and hair, specifically). Anyway, you guys have probably talked about this before, I just wanted to share because sharing is caring.

Word, I'm going to go the gym now and work out til I puke. Have a great Saturday friends!

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Thanks. I'm trying to find slimmer shirts I can just untuck after work. I'll look into hemming....

4. KendallAndKendall

KendallAndKendall Senior member

oopz

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  5. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

BTW, I like Tween's fit and I don't know shit about shit but, when I visualize it, it seems to me that Jet's suggestions are right on.

6. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Snake, looks great.

Tween, I actually think this looks good, other than the t-shirt which looks odd. I think it might be bc the collar is really think and just doesn't work with the blazer, which is amazing.

How do you like those duckie brown shoes? I ordered that exact pair a few days ago...

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

dope, but why so bundled up??

always clean.

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

thanks for all the input guys.

I should have been more clear I guess, the tee is just an old supreme x hanes (what i actually wore out in this heat, along with some WWM shorts) and I didn't bother to put on some sort of oxford although I normally would. Most likely a white one since the pants are a blue oxford cloth/color. I like Jet's idea of some yellow in there, I'm trying to keep it to the classic prep spectrum for something like this.

The big pants + slim blazer is something I've been juggling around in my head for a while, and figured I might as well test out. I tried pinrolling them too but that looked stupid, and I tried them with some darker shoes but they're heavy duty longwings and felt it messed up the summer vibe. I'm considering getting them hemmed to be ankle length with an actual cuff though.

I can't tell if 123abc is just messing around but the blazer is navy blue.

Maybe I'll tweak it out a bit on a nicer day and get a photo with some better lighting to see how it really comes out.

thatguymj - I've grown to really like these bucks and I wear them just about every day now, they're really comfy and super lightweight. Good summer shoes.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I understand what you're going for with the Junya runway theme Tween, but the cut of the pants seems a bit off. Junya def. has pretty loose pants on the runway, but they don't fit the same way as the ones you picked out. I can't quite pinpoint the reason for this...

10. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Hellooooo

[​IMG]

N&F
    RG
    YSL

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Stazy channeling Tagutcow (no hate, promise!)

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Well thought-out response.

As far as the shirt is concerned, there are a few different options. I specifically dislike H&M shirts because they tend to have really low-cut armholes, which means they end up being cut wider through the body, and the collar seems to get messed up after a couple of wears and washes. As far as cheap goes, I find that the Gap slim fit shirts actually aren't bad. I buy the medium tall shirts and have them tapered and hemmed (the latter so I can wear them untucked), and it's a decent fit. There are also some online made-to-measure options. You'll probably have some sizing misfires before you get it down pat, but you can end up with some reasonably priced well-fitting shirts. If you want to try it out, Modern Tailor (one of the affiliates, I think you'll see them as a "featured sponsor" with a link to their site if you go to the Men's Clothing sub-forum) has a cheap introductory offer.

As far as the SF "uniform" is concerned, I feel like there's kind of a diversity of styles that get love here, but there's probably a long and seemingly baffling list of no-nos as well. Dunno.
    It can be kinda tough to find the balance between tuckable and untuckable in a button-down. You can have the tailor take more off the front and back than the sides when hemming, which may help keep it in that range. I just basically always untuck, since I can.

13. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

^ Thanks notwithit, solid advice. Much appreciated.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

So fresh, so clean
    That coat is awesome, kind of a Fall look though

15. Navi

Navi Senior member

xpost from MC- i think this is SW&D enough to apply here?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.