The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

Well lets see. I did away with the Diesels/prewashed jeans which was some advice I received. I tried to do the button down to replace the tee the other day but was shot down on that. So why would anyone think I havent listened? I put on some dry skinny jeans and I thought maybe the burberry t would be nice with it. So I was wrong. Im sure it wont ruin your day if I post. Noone can honestly say I havent been listening. The only ones that say that are the ones who want to give themselves an excuse to complain about something. Anyone with fair judgement can see from my posts that I went from washed jeans and basic t's with sandals to trying some dry denim with boots. Then I tried a button down with boots. Then I tried to do some dry denim with a burberry T because I thought it was nice. So to say I havent been listening is ludicrous at best.

Also, to whoever says that ALL of my jeans fit like crap. Which pair because that seems to be the one thing people have complemented me on here. I could agree that the jeans I wore with my button down fit awkwardly. Other than those I dont see the problem. I understand that people here do not like factory distressing. I posted two jeans with factory distressing. The other 4 pants I posted were either dry or twill(or those 7fams). So I think the real issue here is that when I posted here I made the mistake of telling the brand I was wearing. So some are going to not like anything I post from here on out. It wont matter how much I listen to peoples suggestions. Thats fine with me though. Thank you to the ones who are giving advice.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

No problem. Follow some of the others advice as well, a lot of stuff can be improved without emptying out your wallet. When you do wear sandals, trust me a leather one will last you way more than a plastic/rubber one...it also looks a hell of a lot better sandal wise. I roll up my jeans and wear a plain white u-neck shirt. Thats my got to "boring" fit

This bunch is crazy, comb through the shit and find the good advice

3. blynch

blynch Senior member

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Does this guy remind anyone else of chasingred? :lol:

5. 1up

1up Senior member

Finally received some items in the mail (month delayed, thank you Canada post strike). Neither the madras shirt nor the pants really fit the way I would have liked, having some trouble figuring out how to style them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

APC
    APC
    Clarks

The pants are too tight, is it possible to get a tailor to open them a bit? Costly procedure? Also, any suggestions for shoes? DB's are too clonky..tried with beater canvas' but that didn't seem much better.

The shirt is also too snug, you can see it pulling apart when closed, would probably look best tucked but it's too tight for that. Can a tailor also open it somehow?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

6. dinogj

dinogj Senior member

When I see a man in sandals, I pretty much get the impression of a Man-child. Both in my homes of New York and in hot as hell Puerto Rico (where respectable men wear long pants, and shorts are for children, women, and the homeless. This goes along with sandals)

there are a few notable exeptions, a.k.a the dior homme offerings, but i have yet to see anything like that pulled off here to any effect.

By all means, wear your man-child sandals to the beach and the shower, but they have no place being "showed off" on the internet.

7. rapefruit

rapefruit Senior member

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

...unless they're Dior.

Obviously. :facepalm:

IIMJ, are you getting this? I hope you're taking notes. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

9. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

The exception is Dior?? What about Balenciaga/Lanvin/MMM? Hilarious...

Puerto Rico? Dejame decirte que yo fui a puerto rico y la mayoría de jente anda con chancletas. Y si una chancleta es parte de tu fit qual es la diferencia entre eso y un par de diors? Comoquiera es parte de tu fit, nadie aquí se parece a un niño con chancletas, lo que si ahí bastantes que actúan como ellos

10. 1up

1up Senior member

Perhaps the pictures aren't clear enough, but they're definitely a little snug. Any suggestions for shoes? Thanks for the comment, your WAYWT today was solid.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I actually think everything fits great. The shirt could even be a hair snugger in the body, maybe.

12. threeLegDog

threeLegDog Well-Known Member

+1

flip-flops/sandals = sloppy look. I cannot believe the number of people I work with that are wearing sandals and shorts. :facepalm:

13. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior member

MC-er: "jeans + sneakers = sloppy look. I cannot believe the number of people I work with that are wearing jeans and sneakers. :facepalm:"

14. sciphiyem

sciphiyem Senior member

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Can't tell if the pants are too tight, hoping they stretch a bit.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

thanks.here is the jacket, sorry I cant figure out spoiler yet. shoes are jil derbies; pics to follow [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.