Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

w rabbit has always posted cool stuff before. The pic and fit in this case were pleasant.

2. zonca101

zonca101 Member

Sweet, thanks guys! Exactly why I posted it!

3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

This right here I disagree with and seems to be the "mind set" here. Not everyone lives in a cold ass corner somewhere, sometimes it's hot and sometimes you just want to be comfortable. If you take care of your feet, sandals are no problem for errands or class. Just because some of you can't wear sandals does not mean others cannot

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i think people here just say that to say it. as much as they say they don't like feet. i bet when they spot someone wearing sandals they can't take their eyes off the toes

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Now I'm extra sorry I missed it.
    Nah, definitely don't button the bottom button on a three-button. There are some two-buttons with a really high buttoning point where they look better with the bottom button buttoned as well. My main point was that right now it looks like the narrowest point in your silhouette is right at that buttoning point (at the middle button), which is up pretty darn high and kinda gives the appearance of an egg shape that you probably don't actually have. Like I said, it's cropped jacket + high buttoning point + hands in pockets, and someone mentioned the untucked shirt, which is probably a factor as well. The cropped pants are cool, too, but they also sorta shorten everything visually, so the whole thing ends up looking a little squished vertically and widened horizontally. I realize that in some fits, this may be the point (anti-fit, Yojhi, blah, blah, blah), but it's not traditionally considered a flattering look.

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Ha, seems that way. It's weird every post about feet has to be immediately followed by "gross" and "fucked up", like if this was 5th grade and people have never seen feet before. The high end brands we covet here make sandals that sell out in good sizes quicker than their sneakers

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Your feet are not attractive, no one wants to see them

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

On the other hand, the squished verticality does lend a certain whimsical Tom Cruise-ish-ness to the equation, almost as if the poster could, at any moment, peal into maniacal laughter, or pounce up and down on your couch. This + chambray = a win for me.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

9. zonca101

zonca101 Member

The jacket looks really great open, it's completely unstructured and as thin as a typical Chambray shirt. It drapes like a cardigan in some ways, i'll try post a pic as an example. I don't think I would ever wear it buttoned up like it is in the photo!

I do agree about the egg shape, all this feedback should make for a terrific second attempt at the same outfit. Probably a different shirt though!

10. zonca101

zonca101 Member

If only I had a couch at work!

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Riiiight, good thing I'm not a typical SF follower then

12. zonca101

zonca101 Member

I often see people getting around Melbourne (during 9 degree mornings) in Thongs (sandals, flip flops, whatever). It ludicrous, though I am in no way opposed to wearing them here when it hits 46 (114.8 for you guys) in the summer.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Unless you got a size 5 pedicured foot with black satin nail polish I don't want to see your fugly man toes. Perhaps sandal lovers should consider moving to west hollywood where others of the same ilk will appreciate your feet enthronged by heinous sandals.

14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

^ No thanks, you keep that one for your self "du". Caribbean paradise and S. Florida are just fine for me

15. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

Thanks I will do that. I appreciate the constructive criticism

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.