The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

+1

2. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

how much head nodding could you possibly be doing throughout the day? Also that's not really a pomp. google pompadour. It's a style that was popular in the 50s and it looks nothing like this.

However, Kit. Nice hair :)

my old pomp..miss it :(
    [​IMG]

however if you want a pomp grow the front long at least a little past the eyes taper the sides and rear low and the top gradually gets shorter towards the back

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

3. pteroaltum

pteroaltum Active Member

Oopsie doosie. I stand corrected. I thought any substantial poofy pile of hair on top of cropped sides constitutes a pompadour. Learn something everyday. What would one properly call KitAkira's cut? I like that far more than the classic pompadour.

I am an overly enthusiastic individual (to put it nicely); so head movement is...uhmm...part of daily life. That puts most high-maintenance hairstyles out of my repertoire. But looking at runway shows and advertising campaigns is really making me want to try one or two more structured cuts. I doubt it would fit my lifestyle; but hey! It's hair. Renewable resource*. Snip. Snip.

I am not looking forward to hair products however. But no pain, no gain.

*apologies for any inadvertently offense I may cause the alopecic community.

4. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Great photo.

(Can't get the SPOILER tags to work.)

5. il ciclista

lol no offense taken..i'm not that hardcore! I'm really not up to par on newer hairstyles so I'm not sure what you'd call it but it looks cool :) I'd say there was pomade/wax of some kind used here..maybe used over multiple days without wash? I'm not really sure but there doesn't appear to be a taper and such. I imagine with a lot of movement there'd be several hair readjustment trips if you're OCD about it. Otherwise, it's loose cut so I think it wouldn't affect anything other than slightly altering the look of it if say the bangs moved to another spot etc.

Thanks KG :)

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Digging both of these looks. Agree with the taper, SVB, but I don't think it's critical.

What shoes are those, Ciclista?

- K

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Thanks for the compliments, I actually threw that pic in mostly because the background and the hair lol I just use a wax (this was with the orange Gatsby, usually I do a bit of that and a bit of Shiseido both are really lightweight and more sticky than stiff) and style it with my hands. It stays decently with product in it, though without it can get annoying and won't stay out of my face. If it has the wax in it still keeps its body so even if it falls, raking my fingers through it will reset it and it'll usually stay there. Oh, and il ciclista is right, I only wash my hair when I really need to, otherwise it loses all of it's body and gets more susceptible to frizzy humidity crap.

The tie is leather (and brown, unfortunately). Haven't actually gotten to wear it out yet and I've had it for 3/4 year.

As for the cut itself, it's not exactly as I wanted (stylist snafu), should be a bit more asymmetrical and with more fading to the back, but it's not bad. Long in the front, fade to match the length in the back and slight fade on the sides. Don't think I'd like to deal with the fuller length on the sides of a real pompadour (too much grease for me)

8. il ciclista

they're actually just some shoes I caught on sale for 30 bucks called O'Hanlon mills..I tried to find a better pic but no luck. They are constructed pretty well for the price point so I'm happy :)

however, I've been on the hunt for some mark mcnairy double straps with no luck..(the grey suede ones not the ugly brown) anyone know where I could get some?

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Cue "but this is what I was wearing" automated response.

10. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Nah, not really my style; I'm uncomfortable with the idea of appearing as a disembodied head and set of hands floating over a pair of legs. I'm barely comfortable with the idea of camo as non-functional clothing, but a lot of people seem to like it, so whatever. Still not sure what I'd actually wear with these.
    Rad, thanks. Will check out.
    Waifish or no, I like the shirt. I'd never wear shoes like that, but they go pretty well with the outfit.
    Definitely your best yet.
    Disagree. This guy's still learning the basics. Best to get a few decent fits up first before moving on to anything more advanced.
    Why would you post this? :crazy:

11. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

^^thanks I am still learning.

exactly...

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

Hendrix fit is heinous, the worst in ages

nice hair Kit

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Ceci n'est pas une watering can
    [​IMG]

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

Interesting hair, not that I would wear it personally myself but do you have any recommendations for Seattle? Despite putting product in my hair everyday I hate getting haircuts, feel so awkward, so I just cut it short and let it grow out for months before I cut it again. Not the best system and I'm looking to do something different.

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yo, VIP... Let's kick it. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.