The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

lyfestyle shot!

[​IMG]

Believe there is some lipstick on my face.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

That fit is almost surreal. Would love to see a robot pose to fully appreciate the proportions, but you'll prob want to return/flip that. And yeah, def not the way APC blazers usually fit.

3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

@reedobandito: Yea, I dunno dude, looks just that bit too small to me. Shame cos the cut actually looks nice.

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Most JPEGs are lossy, though there are lossless formats/modes

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't think JPEG's are a problem, as long as you don't shoot in JPEG, then edit, save, edit, save et cetera (so it gets compressed several times). What other format would/could you use for forums?

6. KitAkira

GIF, maybe PNG but that's less likely to be supported. For forums I don't really see the need for lossless though

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Aren't GIF's (and old PNG's) limited to 256 colours? That's worse for pics than some compression.

8. KitAkira

Guess it depends on what you want/personal preference. I don't find the color difference to be noticeable in the majority of images, to be honest

9. 1969

1969 Senior member

You said it...sleeves are too short, making all other questions moot. Move it out.

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

JPEGs are what you want for photos, but yeah plenty of image hosts use lossy compression, especially if you resize through them or upload an image that gets automatically resized. Best bet is to resize your image ahead of time and then host it on like imgur or something.

GIF's should be used only when they're animated, since a PNG will pretty much always be a smaller file size than a GIF and supports way more colors. Use PNG for screenshots of something with text since it's lossless and will be smaller than a JPEG in that case. You know how sometimes someone posts a screen grab of some text and it looks all blurry and awful? That's because they used JPEG which leads to all those compression artifacts around the sharp changes from black text to white background. Don't do that.

Edit: This guy explains it better than I ever could. It's worth spending 5 minutes to read through it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  11. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

Well if you understood that I worked at a boutique where I must wear pants then you would know how much sense it made. Can it get any more (undeserved/) judgemental? and really whats dumber than speaking about something that you have no clue about?

12. ItsInMyJeans

ItsInMyJeans Well-Known Member

anyways Im not getting in any dumb conflicts over whether its an intelligent choice to wear pants when its hot outside. The two are subjects are exclusive and one has no bearing on the other. There is no basis for even drawing such a conclusion (pants in heat = low intelligence).

Lacoste T
    Diesel Safado 8Y3 (i know a lot of you hate diesel..Ive been reading the posts around here for a while.)
    Diesel harbor shoes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

I dont wanna see shorts fitpics anyways...

14. threeLegDog

threeLegDog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess if you size for the thigh and don't care about the waist swimming on you, this is a good approach...:confused: [edit: fix misattribute]

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have no clue why this piece is so damn shrunken. It's totally unlined and seam taped, but with functioning cuffs, do you guys think it's possible to take it to a tailor to extend the arms an inch? Goddamnit, I just want a good navy blazer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.