1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123abc123

123abc123 Senior Member

You can get most shirts darted and/or tapered. Someone else said recently that any shirt worth buying is worth tailoring.
    AGREE 100%, quality > quantity..

I agree with you on me appearing to have a beer belly. This happens from whenever I tuck my shirts in and after walking around for awhile the shirt tends to come undone. Most of my shirts fit me, or so I believe. With my body composition (broad shoulders, skinny waist) it is so hard to find a shirtmaker that fits me correctly. Eventually when I have the money I will get some shirts custom made. Lastly, my pants are hemmed... how should they be changed?

What i ment is that instead of cuffing them you should maybe try hemming them to hit just above the tongue of the shoe. Also, I would advise on adding some socks i recommend paul smith or psico bunny.... oh and on a side note, not that big a fan of the shoes from your last fit.

Btw. wouldn't it be better for you to go on here (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234255)... it seems as though they might be able to give you better tips based on what you seem to be going for.

2. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior Member

holy shit it's jack from lost

not quite.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

A tailor can't do anything about flying squirrel arms.

Got a little of this going with a Black Fleece shirt I just got. XS my ass.

4. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

5. oldSFer

oldSFer Senior Member

[​IMG]

You don't find her attractive?

Do not talk to noobizor.

6. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Senior Member

[​IMG]

Thom Browne & APC jeans...mostly just wanted to share my silly pic

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Those pants are dope, that's the best fit I've seen from you

You look good without the glasses too

you need to turn the rest of the outfit up a notch IMO. WASP it up harder yo.

on a purely formalistic level, the shoes are too close without matching to the red in the pants and kind of look bad.

Regardless, those pants are sick.

SVB looks good w/o the specs. Could prob sport a 5 o'clock shadow pretty well if he wanted to also

SVB that outfit demands white shoes or spectators. Dig it, but for some reason, brown shoes don't seem to work???

Spectators? Are those wool pants? They look too fall/winter to me for white shoes or specs. Cordovan-toned (like, #8 cordo) might work better than the brown, which is kind of flat but not bad.

+1 to nn. Best SvB formal-ish pic in awhile

Only thing I really don't like about the SVB fit this time is that the pattern really feels like a winter pattern. Overall I like it though it could use a different color of shoes I guess (with blazer looks much better as well).

Excellent SVB fit. Man that collar looks sooo much better than those spread collar fits of yours.
    Hate to say it but you should just chuck all those spread collar shirts. That goes for a lot of people too, not just you. It's a neat look but more often than not, doesnt work well.

Thanks guys! Definitely a fall/winter pattern and fabric, it's just that I live in LA and no one seems to care about (or understand) seasons. I got plenty of "whoa those are wild" comments but not a single "hey isn't it summer?" comment. Go figure.

But yeah for that reason I'm not sure they'd work with white shoes but I do agree with the comments that they would probably look better with a darker shade of brown, maybe a chocolate brown?

I've had contacts before but they're annoying when most of my job involves staring at a computer screen. I'll try a few more shots without the glasses anyway -- but not today:

very boring work fit for today...

[​IMG]

Epaulet
    Brooks Brothers
    RRL
    J Press
    Allen Edmonds

8. Jabonator

Jabonator Distinguished Member

A bit on the fence with the socks, but other than that, solid as usual.

9. Reynard369

Reynard369 Distinguished Member

Running errands and grillin' all day.

[​IMG]

10. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

very boring work fit for today...

[​IMG]

Epaulet
    Brooks Brothers
    RRL
    J Press
    Allen Edmonds

Looks decent; shirt yellow or is that just from the pic? Collar looks much better here again. Don't care about socks much but you'd be better off with navy instead of a more vibrant blue.

I'm sort of curious to see how you'd look with more aggressive glasses.

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior Member

pic

A sufjan fan, what'd you think of Age of Adz

12. Naturally Baked

What kind of glasses are those StanleyVanBuren? Moscot?

13. Naturally Baked

A sufjan fan, what'd you think of Age of Adz

I hated it until I saw him perform it live, now I appreciate it as much as Illinoise and michigan, I just have to be in the right mood to listen to it haha

14. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior Member

It was sorta dense when you've been listening to his past stuff right along, but it grew on me quickly. I now honestly think I like it even more than Illinoise

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Looks decent; shirt yellow or is that just from the pic? Collar looks much better here again. Don't care about socks much but you'd be better off with navy instead of a more vibrant blue.

I'm sort of curious to see how you'd look with more aggressive glasses.

What kind of glasses are those StanleyVanBuren? Moscot?

Thanks! Yeah, its a yellow OCBD. Glasses are these: http://garrettleight.com/index.php?/...tical/hampton1

More aggressive... like LK style or something? A lot of frames don't fit me just because I have a pretty narrow face. The ones I have are 42/22/127 which is a pretty small size. I looked at Warby Parker and they have some cool styles for cheap but nothing small enough. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.