The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJubel328

LJubel328 Senior member

Happy 4th to all Americans

[​IMG]

2. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

This suit is Vanishing Elephant. got it on gilt, the jacket is size 34. so... the whole "two sizes" thing seems somewhat unlikely. anyway, i know it's not a high quality suit, but i wear a suit about twice a year and this cost me $200 total for something that looks so, so much better than any suit anyone is wearing (or selling) where I live, North Carolina. This fucked up fit is swagging the shit out of everyone in my real life, just not here, where aeglus posts fits that fuck my shit all up and I know it. That's what's holding me back from getting rid of it. I do understand that i will wish my suit were better in the long run, and thus this is like $200 i'm throwing away (well, except i can wear the pants whenever,) and that's why I'm still considering returning the jacket, getting my $100 back, and get into dealings with TaT.

yeah, even if you return the suit you should probably keep the pants... they looked like they fit pretty well.
    I tried a vanishing elephant blazer from gilt once, i think in a 34, and returned it because i didnt like the fit of it at all.

3. mattt

mattt Senior member

Ivwri, just wanna say I love the exotic looks you bring us here. So cool, different and refreshing. Keep it up!

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Nice fit, especially the shirt. From what I've found, it's difficult to find a patchwork madras shirt that's actually wearable (most are extremely bright colored, and end up looking too silly), but that color scheme is perfect. Hit the nail right on the head with that one.

Great fit on the shirt, MoK!

Cheers guys.

yeah, I think I may leave them for now. I already have my other jeans hemmed so that I can cuff them for the cropped scott.m/mellowfellow look, so it might be nice to have these stack in some fits.

Yeah - if you've got shorter jeans try and leave these for a bit, they don't look bad at all and I think with a few wears they'll settle nicely.

MoK lookin slim and jwied lookin swole. Good work fellas [​IMG]

Cheers - I think that's the first time in my life I've been described as slim [​IMG]

Fuckkk I need to go to the gym

Hell yeah. I went there this morning and I still feel fat.

I walked past one and it didn't seem to do me any good.

Wish I had the confidence (and the body!) to walk around in sleeveless tops. [​IMG]

First day back at work -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All bespoke stuff.
    [/SPOILER]

Oh and happy 4th of July to all Americans on here!

I like it - good to see something so different.
    Happy 4th to all Americans

[​IMG]
    Not a fan of the loafers but the rest works.

Oh, and happy 4th July to the tax dodging rabble [​IMG]

5. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Fuckkk I need to go to the gym
    Pretty much what 99% of this forum (me included) immediately thought when seeing that post. Need. Bigger. Drop.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I need more interesting tanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you know what a train is, cholo?

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

yeah, even if you return the suit you should probably keep the pants... they looked like they fit pretty well.
    I tried a vanishing elephant blazer from gilt once, i think in a 34, and returned it because i didnt like the fit of it at all.

Agreed, those pants fit spot on. Looks like VE just makes goofy-sized blazers. That 34 looks like it'd fit me, and that's ridiculous (I'm a 38). Check Uniqlo's +J line for slim suits that don't cost a fortune. I'm about to order a navy suit from them when the next paycheck rolls in....[​IMG]

8. k.r.

k.r. New Member

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the comments guys. Think I am slowly getting to the point I want to be at with my wardrobe.

10. asobu

asobu Senior member

Ivwri, looks good. I wish the sleeves were longer (I like overly long sleeves, however) and the pants possibly just slightly shorter. Anyway this would look great proportion wise with that jacket we were talking about, colors would probably work well too.

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

cool fit kr.

obv im a fan of ivwri's work, so props again![​IMG]

12. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Ivwri, looks good. I wish the sleeves were longer (I like overly long sleeves, however) and the pants possibly just slightly shorter. Anyway this would look great proportion wise with that jacket we were talking about, colors would probably work well too.
    Thanks asobu!

I do agree on the pants. This morning when I put them on, I moved them higher than they normally sit and liked the way they looked especially with the ankle straps on the sandals. Taking that into consideration when I get a new pair or two made.

Will definitely try it out with the jacket once (if?) it arrives.

EDIT: Thanks a lot snow [​IMG]

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Because its funny:

[​IMG]

14. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Did some shots for a photographer friend last week and decided to keep the suit to wear at a wedding in the fall. Sleeves need some shortening though.
    [​IMG]

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Thanks for the comments guys. Think I am slowly getting to the point I want to be at with my wardrobe.

Ivwri, I agree, your style is approaching perfection. What happens though when you reach that point? Do you totally reinvent yourself or just maintain the look?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.