1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Distinguished Member

sup lane [​IMG] lulz
    silentx4/geller jeans

2. asobu

asobu Distinguished Member

tell me you didn't go out in public with the cuffs like that?

I wear cuffs like that but with ankle showing too. Actually I wear my apcs cuffed like that right now. Nine inches, no joke.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Distinguished Member

Thanks for all the detail. I understand the "tailor can't do it" shoulders comment--I've read a lot of the tailoring talk here. I don't think the armholes are terribly low at all, but I'll examine. The shapelessness is just weird because it's the most form-fitting jacket I've found; I'm wondering if A. it's because my suits have previously not been any good, so by comparison, to me, it's way better (but still not good enough for styleforum,) B. that I'm built like a stick so I have no shape to give it or C. these pictures are all angles/poses that conceal some of the curve. I'll look into it. Yeah, this was not my best tie-knotting day. I can do better. the shirt: I need more spread collar shirts. the collar did rest under the lapels when I put it on--see pic 2 for proof that it'll do it. They just didn't stay there, which is probably the fault of the jacket. Putting my hand in my pocket moved my shoulder, which jacked up the lapel area so it didn't cover it anymore.
    Well, what's the brand? Many cheaper, mall brands produce suits without any real shape. Tailoring them is a waste, because why spend oodles of money on poor quality RTW stuff? And the sut is also probably 1-2 sizes too large on top of that. You look like a 36-38 but that jacket looks to be about a 40-42. Since you're a skinny fella, I'd look into some nicer labels that produce slimmish suits. Rag & Bone, BoO, Black Fleece, etc. Dunno how much you wanna spend, but I think one good suit is worth it.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

5. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

The jeans should sit on your shoes, with a slight break (perhaps). Those are like 4-6" too long! [​IMG]

Change the shirt, too.

don't listen to this guy. he wears jacket and tie with jeans.

6. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior Member

[​IMG]

Not sure about these sneaks.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

They don't really go with the whole plaid+chinos look

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Distinguished Member

Actually, that outfit is sick simply because it represents the transition from the Styleforum of Old to the Styleforum of New, from head gradually to toe. Aesthetically I'm not a fan.

9. Harbin

Harbin Distinguished Member

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Distinguished Member

The sneakers are really designer-y bur they rest of the outfit looks americana-y.

I amost want to suggest a white fitted for the hypebeast look

11. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior Member

I was actually going for a clash between top and bottom, but I guess it didn't work out. Still don't know about the sneaks though. They look really goofy, but when I'm walking around and happen to look down, I'm all "daym dat looks pretty coo" in my head.

it represents the transition from the Styleforum of Old to the Styleforum of New, from head gradually to toe.
    Hahaha. Gotta try doing it the other way around next time -- toe to head. Think I have some RW GTs lying around somewhere...

12. mattt

mattt Senior Member

Would be real cool with drastically different rest of outfit.

13. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

the shirt and chino appear to fit really well though. I like them on their own alot. shoes im undecided on... would have to see them in a fit where they worked better.

14. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    Not sure about these sneaks.

very cool, but the sneakers just dont go with plaid and khakis. Im all for mixing and matching, but not that. But the plaid and khakis are a great fit. Throw a pair of CPs or something in there and thats real nice..
    the shirt and chino appear to fit really well though. I like them on their own alot, and the shoes on their own also.
    edit; basically this^, +1..

15. jwied82

jwied82 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

silent
    superfine
    bikkembergs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.