The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Pay no mind to this lando guy. He's been trolling the health forum hard the last few days.

2. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

They're also brand-new crispy, right, maybe even a little starchy? If so, they'll settle down after the initial break-in period. Bear in mind that honeycombs, shrinkage when you wash them, &c. will all shorten the available length, so it won't kill you to have them a bit longer than you think you'll ultimately want them after the initial hem. Also, can you check the inseam on another pair of jeans to help determine a reasonable length?
    i think youre right on this. i know theyre substantially heavy denim, so with time they should stack. problem is being white theyll probably have to go through the wash alot and theyll end up really soft. i'm going to have them tapered half an inch and hemmed to 33". my PBJ's have a 36" inseam and stack really good, but i'd really feel douchy walking around with vanilla ice-cream stacks. white jeans are almost bad enough haha.

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

Yeah it's so cool to sit in an empty classroom taking pictures of yourself.

Being cool is natural.

Lol
    It's where he works. He has some time before the student(s) arrive- so he uses that free time to take his fit pics... You actually can't really get much more natural than that... its not like he goes out of his way to go somewhere solely for the purpose of taking fit pics.

4. landoeffincalrissian

landoeffincalrissian Well-Known Member

Lol
    It's where he works. He has some time before the student(s) arrive- so he uses that free time to take his fit pics... You actually can't really get much more natural than that... its not like he goes out of his way to go somewhere solely for the purpose of taking fit pics.

Fair enough.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

silent
    r&b
    brato

Sweats are R&B? Damn, wish I could find the non-baller version of those for gym wear. I've been looking for a pair like that.

6. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

On second look those r&b pants are pretty sick. What season are they from? ps I really like the overall look.

7. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

sick look jwied [​IMG] [​IMG] Edwin Penfield Garbstore Two Feet Ahead Yuketen thrift bag Same as the last fit but i got to use my gf's camera.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I liked a lot of the garbstore stuff i saw at barneys a few weeks ago. Is that new? I haven't been paying attention the last year or so but what i saw looked pretty straight

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

I like how chrono always pops up after evan's posts, ecrush?

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

thanks for the kind words again
    shit. how many students in that classroom or is this not a children teaching gig?
    no kids, it's all adults but usually at most 3.
    aeglus just keep posting WAYWTs like that, its awesome
    would if I could but today and tomorrow are my last days there
    Aeglus, awesome. You know, in years to come, your grandchildren will be seriously impressed with how cool you were
    more like fighting over getting my shit when I die
    An old school temple of jawnz bomber. Discontinued now.
    actually it's a custom version in goatskin, and I think only two others were made in that style (but not in goat)

11. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

sick look jwied

thanks.

Sweats are R&B? Damn, wish I could find the non-baller version of those for gym wear. I've been looking for a pair like that.

fwiw i got them for like $35.. im far from baller, just try and find good deals on things.

On second look those r&b pants are pretty sick. What season are they from? ps I really like the overall look.

not sure what season, s/s 10 maybe. They are called long johns, but they are more of an open knit material than a normal thermal fabric.
    they are pretty similar to these, but not exactly the same.

12. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

If you're 5'6... then yes, you should hem to about 32-33''.

I'm 5'8 and I wear my jeans at 34'' inseam, and they still stack a bunch.

Wow, I'm about 5'11 and I wear 32" inseam usually.

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

This whole reply reeks of some weird elitist perspective that I can't understand, but comes from a lot of dudes I know who "live large" in NYC.

So basically you don't understand it and haven't offered a definition of it but you can detect it in writing, know people who practice it and know what distinguishes them?

15. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

elitist can mean a lot of things, but here I'm using it to describe a person who thinks they (or something they do) is better than others because of their social or financial status. People didn't like your friend's fit and you justified it by saying you all met in the real world at fashion week in paris or milan or wherever. I simply don't understand why people feel a need to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.