Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exclusive erik

exclusive erik Member

[​IMG]

aa
    nudie
    s2a

[​IMG]

Wearing beanies in the summer is ridiculous and makes you look like a tool.

2. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

Some of your WAYWTs make me feel fat.

hahah. I'd guess we are about the same size, really (im 5'9", 145lb). the picture angle is making my legs look a bit skinnier than they actually are... i have pretty muscular legs from lots of running and skating.

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

You're absolutely right... I noticed yesterday on the beach that a 100% wool beanie just wasn't meant for the summer time. It was like one hundred degrees. And yeah, got a lot of "that guys a tool" looks from basically every one I passed.....totally humiliating. I wanted to just take it off and put it in my bag due to the ridiculousness of it all. It would be awesome if someone would make a lightweight summertime beanie thats thin and 100% cotton that isn't really a beanie but just uses the term beanie for lack of better description and more resembles a t-shirt on the head (if you're able to wear such a wild look). One can only dream of such a woven garment for the summer...but alas. We're stuck with wool ski hats, and coon-skin caps all season.. Thanks for the constructive criticism and pointing out that beanies aren't traditionally for the summer!!

4. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I'm sure someone sells something like that. +J had really nice thin linen cotton beanies last summer.

Why didn't you just take the beanie off?

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

gettin a little tired of traveling and dare I say tired of the beach. Only 1.5 weeks left..

Marco Island, FL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

How are your shoes still that white??

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

haha, the cell phone cam gives them a forever look of newness... these are them...a more accurate representation.. starting to get proper..
    [​IMG]
    edit; after dinner and after more than a few drinks I wobbled to the end of the motel dock to look under the light and toppled straight into the river (0, unfortunately) -- lost that stupid quicksilver hat (i secretly loved it) and went in CP's and all...so they're drying outside...I hope. feck, forgot about that..

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

vacations are nice, but home will always be home -- nice catch!

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

vacations are nice, but home will always be home -- nice catch!

Thanks (to my fellow consistently early riser....or night owl)! Yeah, indeed & agreed re; home. I've still got a feeew stops, too. Geesh. Worse problems to have tho I guess!

I can't believe i've almost posted a fit every day so far. I wake up at sunrise every morning and get my internet out of the way, lol. [​IMG]

The clothes are getting dirty...and the suitcase lighter (losing stuff?) so no more fits for a while as it's just tees and board shorts (and wool beanies) from here, out...[​IMG]

lord knows i love to post my fit pitchers but this will just have to hopefully suffice the next couple weeks [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

scroll to about 5:10 because they keeps it hot! I tried to find it on youtube with no luck..but hilarious indeed.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....10/11)/1333327

11. exclusive erik

exclusive erik Member

You're absolutely right...

I noticed yesterday on the beach that a 100% wool beanie just wasn't meant for the summer time. It was like one hundred degrees. And yeah, got a lot of "that guys a tool" looks from basically every one I passed.....totally humiliating. I wanted to just take it off and put it in my bag due to the ridiculousness of it all.

It would be awesome if someone would make a lightweight summertime beanie thats thin and 100% cotton that isn't really a beanie but just uses the term beanie for lack of better description and more resembles a t-shirt on the head (if you're able to wear such a wild look). One can only dream of such a woven garment for the summer...but alas. We're stuck with wool ski hats, and coon-skin caps all season..

Thanks for the constructive criticism and pointing out that beanies aren't traditionally for the summer!!

I generally like your fits. Beanies just looks kinda out of place there, even the lightweight ones.

12. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I generally like your fits. Beanies just looks kinda out of place there, even the lightweight ones.

fair enough - my apologies for the bitchy reply..

13. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

^^Loving the long Birdies. I used to wear the short ones when I lifeguarded. A coupla years ago I special ordered a pair of burgundy cord walk shorts that are ridiculously comfortable and pretty much one of a kind...

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Honest criticism: I think your fits would look good on someone else, I don't think they suit your face very much.

[​IMG] No offense taken. In that case who should I give my clothes to?

Also, to clarify, does this pertain to the goofy hi-tops/tank fits or the slim button-down and Chucks fits? Or do you mean both, so I just shouldn't wear clothes? [​IMG]

I like notwithit's fits for the most part, especially the tank top/hi's. Maybe just a different hairstyle.

I think it's his best one yet. This tank looks a thousand times better than the last one. Face is sleazy enough but maybe something can done with the hair...

That may be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. [​IMG]

Seriously, though, I recognize that my hair kinda sucks (or at least that I'm not that crazy about it), but I have no idea what else I'd do with it.

hahah. I'd guess we are about the same size, really (im 5'9", 145lb). the picture angle is making my legs look a bit skinnier than they actually are... i have pretty muscular legs from lots of running and skating.

Makes sense. And yeah, proportionally, we're probably pretty similar (I'm 6'1", 155 lbs). Angles do weird things to people. Looks good, though.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

It would be awesome if someone would make a lightweight summertime beanie thats thin and 100% cotton that isn't really a beanie but just uses the term beanie for lack of better description and more resembles a t-shirt on the head (if you're able to wear such a wild look). One can only dream of such a woven garment for the summer...but alas. We're stuck with wool ski hats, and coon-skin caps all season..

Lane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.