The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

stop hating on my glasses [​IMG]

2. APK

APK Senior member

What do you think of the 'seconds' stuff, notwithit? Does it feel to be anything better than AA, while putting aside the fact its 'geller', 'made in japan', etc?

fit looks good. the blue color looks fun and good for vacation, the pool, beatin around casual, etc. I'd seen it online so glad to see it more naturally now..

He and I have actually been exchanging PM's about this. I got one of the tees and love the fit and look of the shirt. I'm underwhelmed by the fabric, though. It feels a bit flimsy without having that unbelievable softness you might expect from pricier basics. Then again, I've set the bar high in that regard because the Odyn Vovk Cure tee remains one of the more luxurious pieces of clothing I've ever held. Now that's one of those items that you touch and you instantly know where that extra money went. I'm not confident the Seconds tee is going to withstand too many washes. YMMV, though.

I'm keeping the shirt, but because I like the fit and didn't pay anywhere near retail for it. So Seconds seems like the sort of stuff you should grab only if you can pluck pieces from the sales rack.

3. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

He and I have actually been exchanging PM's about this. I got one of the tees and love the fit and look of the shirt. I'm underwhelmed by the fabric, though. It feels a bit flimsy without having that unbelievable softness you might expect from pricier basics. Then again, I've set the bar high in that regard because the Odyn Vovk Cure tee remains one of the more luxurious pieces of clothing I've ever held. Now that's one of those items that you touch and you instantly know where that extra money went. I'm not confident the Seconds tee is going to withstand too many washes. YMMV, though.

I'm keeping the shirt, but because I like the fit and didn't pay anywhere near retail for it. So Seconds seems like the sort of stuff you should grab only if you can pluck pieces from the sales rack.

Thanks for the add'l info APK. Most of it is pretty picked over, but I was going to experiment and get the 'mint' colored tank or tee (which is a color I never thought I would try wearing, but I digress...). I'm going to have to go looking for one of those cure tees now [​IMG]

4. Louis Toadvine

Louis Toadvine Well-Known Member

They belong in the matrix.

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

i took the red pill, though

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] scott's rooftop [​IMG]

i read that zoe kravitz lives in williamsburg and its the hipster capital of the world atm. this true scott??
    [​IMG]
    yes, I realize I look like a faggot.

i was going to say something about the glasses, but i wont [​IMG] i think a simple scrunching up of the tee would improve this fit. boots are dope, flowy cardigan is dope. im looking for some sunglasses too. you should get some illesteva's for that full on outta this world look!! Odyn Vovk tees are soft but i much prefer my silent tees. maybe bc ive got it in an xs and its not as flowy as the silent tees [​IMG] ...dunno. the fabric doesnt seem to be too flowy/drapey anyways

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Slack tide, what does slack tide mean?
    It's a period in tidal regions where it is perfectly between tides and there is no significant flow of water in or out. No real significance to me, just always liked the two words. (side note: most fishermen would know fishing a slack tide is often the worst time and least productive)..

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thank you. I could have looked that up... Doodtij in Dutch (dead tide).

Now Snowmanxl? Snowman XL? Big snowman?

10. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

He deals cocaine for swag money.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Why did I always picture Lane as a 5'3 Japanese kid?

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm still laughing at those serengetis.

14. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

He deals cocaine for swag money.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] real answer is not as interesting im afraid [​IMG] i used to listen to young jeezy(whose nickname is snowman for the very reason mac stated) heavy back in the day and my friends would call me snowman to mock me[​IMG]. now i use it for most of my alias' and put xl just because.. ..plus i does it big[​IMG] side note: looks like young is back btw, new verse on the killer mike song is dope!!

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

What do you think of the 'seconds' stuff, notwithit? Does it feel to be anything better than AA, while putting aside the fact its 'geller', 'made in japan', etc?

fit looks good. the blue color looks fun and good for vacation, the pool, beatin around casual, etc. I'd seen it online so glad to see it more naturally now..

Thanks for the add'l info APK. Most of it is pretty picked over, but I was going to experiment and get the 'mint' colored tank or tee (which is a color I never thought I would try wearing, but I digress...). I'm going to have to go looking for one of those cure tees now [​IMG]

In a way, I wouldn't compare the two. The 2nds tanks that I picked up actually have construction details to them, like multiple layers, asymmetrical hems, &c., whereas AA tanks are...AA tanks, and just about as straightforward as you can get. The cotton is soft, but like APK said, it feels very flimsy where it's not double-layered.

Here's the real catch: it's not double-layered in the backs of those tanks. I bought both the sky blue and the mint, and while the sky blue is dark enough that it's not translucent in the back, the mint seems really, really sheer. I'll try to throw it on and snap a pic later today, but I'm probably returning it.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to my brother's to brew a black IPA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.