The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

thanks guys.

mikey, i think ive found stuff that i like and now i can buy with more of a direction...so that helps.

roy, i went with a small and thats my true size. fit is comfortable and the u/scoop neck is a good size imo.

2. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

^thnx, I think im gonna pick one up tts one of these days. The scoop neck + curved hem + tape detail had me sold [​IMG]

3. matsui

matsui Well-Known Member

If I had a nickle for every time someone with small to average sized legs used that as an excuse for baggy jeans....

I've got tree trunks for legs and I still fit comfortably into slim/tapered pants. If I can do tapered, you can do tapered.

Never wear bootcut.

Those aren't bootcut jeans, they're 501 straight leg. I think they just look wider at the bottom because of the wind flattening them in the front. I believe the diameter at the cuff is about 17" on these. And they may be looser than what you're used to, but they're definitely not 'baggy'.

Also, some people would rather wear straight leg jeans instead of tapered, doesn't mean one way is right or wrong, it's just their own personal style. With my height (6'4") wearing slim pants that have an extreme taper just make me look awkward.

4. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

matsui, the guy above is right, fitted/slightly tapered raw denim would really improve that fit IMO. maybe look at the apc thread. watch is nice, no need to change that, unless its for an iwc/ dornblueth.

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I dont see a problem with looser lighter denim for the summertime.
    Looks fine to me.

I like the denim from the waist to the knee. It's just a little a little sloppy from the knee down, IMO.

In case it matters, I'm an athlete, and my thighs completely fill out the upper 40% of my jeans, so it's hard to find that balance between fitting the upper and lower part of my legs. As far as my watch, here it is with a different band:

[​IMG]

Watch looks great with the leather band.

6. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

Those aren't bootcut jeans, they're 501 straight leg. I think they just look wider at the bottom because of the wind flattening them in the front. I believe the diameter at the cuff is about 17" on these. And they may be looser than what you're used to, but they're definitely not 'baggy'.

Also, some people would rather wear straight leg jeans instead of tapered, doesn't mean one way is right or wrong, it's just their own personal style. With my height (6'4") wearing slim pants that have an extreme taper just make me look awkward.

I don't think diameter means what you think it means. Unless you can pass large dinner plates through your jeans with ease.

I'm also 6'4" (6'5" on a good day) and used to think the same thing about straight leg jeans being the only way to go. While an 'extreme taper' may indeed be unflattering, there is a middle ground. You can definitely go slimmer.

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

First SW&D post:

[​IMG]

lol @ these jeans being considered too baggy. I'm guessing there is not one person in this man's peer group wearing jeans with a seven inch leg opening...

8. matsui

matsui Well-Known Member

I don't think diameter means what you think it means. Unless you can pass large dinner plates through your jeans with ease.

I'm also 6'4" (6'5" on a good day) and used to think the same thing about straight leg jeans being the only way to go. While an 'extreme taper' may indeed be unflattering, there is a middle ground. You can definitely go slimmer.

Yes, I do know what diameter means, I meant circumference. Again, some people have their own personal style, and I'm not the biggest fan of a noticeable taper with a narrow cuff that sits on top of my shoes. Here's me wearing the same jeans a couple months ago:

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

10. SPK

SPK Senior member

^ what pants? Looks comfy

11. snake

snake Senior member

Dig the second fit, K. Perfect for summer.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

West coast to East cost

13. ephori

ephori Member

Hey folks. This first one I wasn't too sure what to do with the pants here. I really like the gray-green colour, and I wear them casually so I don't really want to hem them... but uncuffed they bunched up and it felt a little sloppy for the rest of the fit. On the other hand, I feel like the in the pic cuffs were too casual. I'm not sure.

[​IMG]
    BR blazer
    Penguin sweater
    Acne pants
    RM Williams boots

And a regular fit from today.

[​IMG]
    Club Monaco work shirt
    W+H tshirt
    APC petit standards
    JCrew sperrys

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Oh lord I thought something terrible had happened to Kunk.

15. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

Thanks everybody [​IMG] still trying to get ahold of my own camera. my GFs camera isn't up to snuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.