The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i measure my waist 2 inches below my navel.
    ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button >< so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

my waist measures about 32 with the tape a couple inches below my navel, and I have no problems with size 27 Diors, they're baggy in the legs for me too. I'd prefer a 26 in them but they were hard to find until recently.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

^^^^
    you joke?

at 30 waist I can barely get into my 27s [​IMG]

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button >< so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down
    Do you wear your jeans at your belly button? That's ridiculously high. Your waist measurement should be done wherever you want your jeans to sit, measuring in a different area is useless
    lol its you who wanted fit pics of my RO! I'll send you fit pics of my RO jacket and my Diors tomorrow and I'll show you how it looks. When I first got them, before I went to Europe last summer, they were tight on me. I purposely wore them the day I left to Europe so I could try to loosen them up on the plane and walking around the airports. Now they are tooooo loose [​IMG] FWIW they're not unwearable, but I do use a belt now. They look much more relaxed on me now and I was kinda hoping for a different fit.
    Do you wear them at the waist or hips (sagged look)

5. Joqur

Joqur Well-Known Member

ok no wonder, i measure my waist at the belly button ><

so the lesson might be, measure your waist at your belly button and go tts, or measure your waist 2 inches below and try to size down

no the lesson is, remeasure your waist because you did it completely wrong.

drew your waist size is 32? how can you fit into those Dior sizes? like i could probably get 1 or 2 buttons fastened on a 27 and nothing on a 26.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

waist. I haven't gotten into the sagged look.

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Do you wear your jeans at your belly button? That's ridiculously high. Your waist measurement should be done wherever you want your jeans to sit, measuring in a different area is useless

i wear them at the hips, except diors are cut so that they measure bigger than your true waist size, ie a 30 dior jean measures ~32-33inches, so i measure at my true waist, and then buy my true waist, knowing it will be cut correctly.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The black MIJs are less prone to stretching than the indigos.

9. KitAkira

I just measure where I want my jeans to sit, get measurements for the jeans, account for stretch, and buy them

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The black MIJs are less prone to stretching than the indigos.
    I've always wondered this, since it seems to be true for APCs too - is there something about black dye (vs. indigo) that makes the cotton less prone to stretching? It seems like it shouldn't matter, since both Dior and APC use synthetic dyes
    I just measure where I want my jeans to sit, get measurements for the jeans, account for stretch, and buy them
    I take it one step further - I just measure jeans that DO fit in the first place, and then get that measured, accounting for stretch. In fact, if you call Dior homme stores, they're more than happy to take measurements over the phone

11. asobu

asobu Senior member

why not just measure the waistband a pair of jeans that fit well, and compare measurements (plus account for possibly stretching)?

edit: oh, had this thread open for a bit before replying so didn't see that nn commented on the exact same thing!

12. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Since you all were talking about Dior fits and downsizing. If I wear a 33 or 34 in most of my jeans, should I get a 31 in the 19cm raws?

13. asobu

asobu Senior member

size guidance for jean pants

Size down 1 for snug fit.
    Size down 2 for snugger fit.
    Size down 3 for snuggest fit.
    Size down 4 for complete separation (ball cleavage.)
    Size down 5 for instant death.
    Size down 6 for superfuture fit.

14. KitAkira

I've always wondered this, since it seems to be true for APCs too - is there something about black dye (vs. indigo) that makes the cotton less prone to stretching? It seems like it shouldn't matter, since both Dior and APC use synthetic dyes I take it one step further - I just measure jeans that DO fit in the first place, and then get that measured, accounting for stretch. In fact, if you call Dior homme stores, they're more than happy to take measurements over the phone
    why not just measure the waistband a pair of jeans that fit well, and compare measurements (plus account for possibly stretching)? edit: oh, had this thread open for a bit before replying so didn't see that nn commented on the exact same thing!
    But if I want a pair of jeans to sit at a different place, that's as ineffective as measuring the wrong part of my body. If I bought a pair of DH, I wouldn't want them to sit where my PBJs currently do

15. Joqur

Joqur Well-Known Member

Since you all were talking about Dior fits and downsizing. If I wear a 33 or 34 in most of my jeans, should I get a 31 in the 19cm raws?
    dont buy 19cm raws if ur waist is that big, ur proportions prob arent right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.