• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
"salted" black licorice

this is my favorite thing in the world, not kidding. I'm addicted to this.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Louis Toadvine
That is real nice, had no idea. And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty. Awesome that you made them put out a danish sign
smile.gif

Very popular in The Netherlands.

oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

Most probably, yes.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are black and round pieces, correct? it tasted like something had stung my tongue, i had to spit it out on the street
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are black and round pieces, correct? it tasted like something had stung my tongue, i had to spit it out on the street
laugh.gif

All kind of shapes. Image-Google "dropje", "zoute drop" or "dubbelzout", and see if you can find the one you had (spat out).

Louis Toadvine

Reaction score
I remember making ammonium chloride in chemistry class as a kid, adding some sugar and snacking it straight from the beaker.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
All kind of shapes. Image-Google "dropje", "zoute drop" or "dubbelzout", and see if you can find the one you had (spat out).

yeah thats it. i vividly remember that "DZ" logo. its burned into my head (and tongue)
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
My neighbor gave me one of these and told me it was delicious. I don't really trust her anymore.
smile.gif
Did you know what it meant? I've always preferred the sweet variety, btw (not that I eat it a lot).
yeah thats it. i vividly remember that "DZ" logo. its burned into my head (and tongue)
laugh.gif

Ah, that's double salt, not triple...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was just looking to eat some black licorice and thought id try the DZ for some reason. ended up with a bagful
lol8[1].gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was just looking to eat some black licorice and thought id try the DZ for some reason. ended up with a bagful
lol8[1].gif

smile.gif
Try katjesdrop next time; you might like it.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Good. What's the shirt?

Thanks! Brooks Brothers Extra-Slim Fit black chambray, tailored down to the point where it's actually slim fitting. I was gonna post a pic in the BB OCBD I'm wearing today, but it's raining out.
plain.gif

Originally Posted by thatgirl again
hello all .. i have a feeling that my outfit today will be hated, but i love it, so yeah...
anyway.

IMG_0552.jpg

scarf and sweater are jcrew
jeans are bess, those are studs on the back pocket
inlove.gif

shoes are kors
bag is gryson

Yeah...scarf is very Uncontrol (Uncontrol for J. Crew?), jeans are kind of Antik-esque, and I know girls love the whole "toe-cleavage" thing on the shoe, but it doesn't really do anything for me.

Originally Posted by aeglus
Working on getting shirts that don't suck with a tie (not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up this kind of pace with posting pics either).
tumblr_lmseh8e4MP1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

I like the color palette quite a bit, but the collar looks kinda weird here. Also, I'm not crazy about the braided belt. Maybe it's just that I used to wear those in middle school.

Originally Posted by Louis Toadvine
And that's true, most people outside of Denmark don't appreciate liquorice, sweet or salty.

The closest I've had is Läkerol, but it's only the tiniest bit salty.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
smile.gif
Try katjesdrop next time; you might like it.

will do, thanks!

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh god, i had some triple "salted" black licorice from europe, cant remember from where, but it was horrible. it mustve been a novelty to see who can keep it in their mouth the longest. seriously, do you guys know which one im talking about?

that stuff is so vile it made me crosseyed when I ate it gawd

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There is no flavor I can't stand more than black licorice.

TG, love the color of the jeans tired of dark ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads