1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roryben

roryben Senior member

I think anyone's face would look better encrusted with precious minerals.

[​IMG]

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

exactly what I was getting at. 'rose gold on my bony wrist' is #superfuture and the Damier LV is super tacky. Otherwise, he looks he could be anyone of the dudes I roll with regularly

3. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

I don't know about the watches, but the jesus face is definitely better with bling.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I dunno, now that vampires are all glittery these days, it's like it's confusing genres.

1 person likes this.
  5. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

funny i worked with this black dude that said his cousin gave him a richard mille watch, i saw it/wore it and it was nice but not my thing, its worth like $25k though and he was working at h&m with me.

1 person likes this.
  6. Teger

Teger Senior member

worth a lot more than 25k

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

why would anyone working at H&M have a Richard Mille? must have been a replica.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

the 2% nation of CasioTone... this joke is either getting worse or better ... I'm not exactly sure but CDHagg gets the cred.

1 person likes this.
  9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Maybe, the jeans are pretty washed though, a bit lighter in real life compared to the photo. I think they complement each other well.

You don't have to like it, and I'm not saying they have the best designs ever, but you do realize what else is going on in the graphic other than Mickey right? Why Unc hates it?
    Although I probably still would have bought it if it was just Mickey, haha.

I also really like the fabric, the way its cut, the neckline which I'm rather picky about, the way the sleeves hang and everything else about it. I don't buy band tees anymore cause they're all on #$%! American Apparel or some other bullshit. I'd like to get more Odyn Vovk graphic tees but I think stores have given up on buying them at this point, or maybe he's not designing them any more, idk. Really like those Raf by Raf ones that were on Gilt and Yoox too, I picked up several of those. They're cut well but aren't as soft.

Thanks Skipp and whoever else said anything about my boots, think I'm gonna rock em anyway

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

That was like 10 pages of "u mirin"

11. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

mirin jaw bra isn't nearly as funny to me now that miran is gone

12. DLester

DLester Senior member

I like the boots and think they look good with skinny jeans.

13. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I think the color of the jeans is the problem. Darker would be better with those boots.

14. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

i dont buy band tees anymore for the same reason. They never fit or feel right to me. Ive bought so many band tees over the years and sold or got rid of them all because they didnt fit. Alot were from back before most band used AA and they were all on hanes Beefy Ts or something equally bad. I remember back in when Radiohead (like Bends to Ok Computer era) kinda started their own clothing/merch label (called it W.A.S.T.E.) for their shirts and they were on different t's than all the other band t's that were out there.. i always thought that was really cool idea and wished more bands would put a little more thought into their merch.

Saw a Smiths t-shirt by Neil Barrett the other day on The Corner and thought it was a good idea in general... there has to be some market for nicer, better cut band t's, right?

anyway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rlx hat
    r&b jacket and t
    iro jeans
    spring courts

5 people like this.
  15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think that T design is an homage (parody?) of the alphabet designed my MM paris with the photographers Inez and Vinoodh. Maybe they even did that one too. I think it's cool, esp. if you know the source material.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also, I think band shirts are better if you got them at a show. it might even be required.

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SNS, Schneider, Norse Projects, Uniqlo, McNairy.

Not pictured: ryegb and his hooded vest.

3 people like this.
  17. Eason

Eason Senior member

Are you mainland Chinese?

18. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Yeah, I got it.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not saying it's on the tackiness level of something with The Hundreds plastered all over it, but I don't really see how a t-shirt line inspired by concert posters of the 60s is all that different from the shitty band t-shirt reproductions at UO (obviously this is a nicer t-shirt and a subtler reference, but these are incremental differences, not categorical ones). Also, I'm gonna let my inner plebe step up and say that the AA and Alt A tri-blend t-shirts aren't bad. I'd love to see more v-necks and u-necks, and I'd really like to see better-quality t-shirts used, but most of the kids at concerts probably have enough trouble coughing up $20 for a standard t-shirt.
    It is as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, sorry to go all didactic. Not that big a deal, and I'm not saying that you're not allowed to like it or anything. There's just zero appeal from my perspective. Also, I'm pretty sure you weren't at that show. :devil:

19. Teger

Teger Senior member

couple quick thoughts:

jwied I always think that your fits with sneakers would look better with boots. those spring courts just look ... strange to me with the rest of your stuff. kinda teenagerish

melo i always find your fits off and i never know why. i think its because youre almost too skinny. your clothes are size xs im sure but they look hanging off you.. i think you're the only poster on this forum who i think would benefit a lot from adding like 5lbs of muscle or going to the gym? i dunno.

20. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Agreed, skinny jeans tucked into big boots is cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.