Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Why would you wear another shirt under madras! That won't keep you cool at all [​IMG]

2. jslade

jslade Senior member

I think you need some lower rise pants?

3. srivats

srivats Senior member

Why would you wear another shirt under madras! That won't keep you cool at all [​IMG]
    I'm used to wearing a undershirt everyday. Also my office is too [email protected]#$%^ cold and it is [email protected]#$%^ hot outside. What is one to do?
    I think you need some lower rise pants?
    I strongly dislike low rise pants.

4. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

My first entry in SW&D and in this thread -- this is typically what I wear during the summer. Shirt: BB madras full sleeve, rolled up Trousers: Buzz Rickson chinos. High waisted, full cut and anti-SF. Shoes: Alden dark brown suede flex welt chukkas Watch: casio F105W, my favourite digital watch
    Steve Urkel is not someone who you should take fashion cues from. Baconzilla, fuckin awesome. Aeglus, stunning as always. you do the MC better than the MC guys and are easily one of the best dressed SWD guys as well. [​IMG] Shoreman, I think I just went blind from looking at your legs. You easily give me a run for my money with the pale ass white legs. I might have to take a pic in shorts this week since its finally over 70. Ivwri, yet another great fit. Can I ask who makes that jacket? I love it! Snow, I like that. Cool shirt

5. egdohov

egdohov Member

your torso looks really small with the high waist. Also the pants just look too big/baggy... it would be nice to see your Aldens better

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

I'm used to wearing a undershirt everyday. Also my office is too [email protected]#$%^ cold and it is [email protected]#$%^ hot outside. What is one to do?
    at least make it a v-neck undershirt so it doesn't peek out from under the madras bd.

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

My first entry in SW&D and in this thread -- this is typically what I wear during the summer. Shirt: BB madras full sleeve, rolled up Trousers: Buzz Rickson chinos. High waisted, full cut and anti-SF. Shoes: Alden dark brown suede flex welt chukkas Watch: casio F105W, my favourite digital watch
    The polar opposite of the anti-fit, drop crotch... ...new this season is the anti-SF, high-rise to your armpit pants...

8. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

hello SF, are these shoes too feminine? Gonna be worn with shorts..

I have small feet.

[​IMG]

9. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

My office for the next few days...

3sixteen S/S Workshirt
    3sixteen ST-100x
    Flor de Cano
    Bass Barret

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I strongly dislike low rise pants.

OK, but what about medium rise? This is ridiculous. You have the proportions of Barbie doll.

11. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks and glad you like the jacket. It's by Desigual. Not sure what season though I suspect it is the SS2011 as I got it in February. Alexlude: Really like that fit actually. Very simple yet cool. What pants are those if you don't mind me asking? srivats: If your office is anything like mine, then you should just carry a jacket or cardigan to work so that you can avoid the whole shirt under madras issue. I know how annoying it can be to go from extreme heat to extreme cold [​IMG] I don't like the look of those pants at all. If you must wear a high waist, maybe you could make it work if the pants were cut a bit tighter and possibly cropped and tapered?[​IMG] Why don't you like lower rise pants?

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

thanks guys, the shirt is quite nice. sad to see ndg go, glad i kept the shirt. its a cotton/"rinen" mix.
    geez, i know the japanese have a hard time with L's but did they have to spell it like that too?[​IMG]

13. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

hello SF, are these shoes too feminine? Gonna be worn with shorts.

They look fine, they'll be better once they're a little bit broken in.

14. srivats

srivats Senior member

your torso looks really small with the high waist. Also the pants just look too big/baggy... it would be nice to see your Aldens better
    The polar opposite of the anti-fit, drop crotch... ...new this season is the anti-SF, high-rise to your armpit pants...
    The buzz rickson khakis are reproduction of wartime officer chinos and are supposed to be worn high on one's natural waist (not hips). They are supposed to look like below, but I just suck at pressing my trousers (post from AAAC).
    I found some pics that might make it worthwhile to revive this grand old thread. Caption: US Army officer (1st Lieutenant) in informal post uniform. [​IMG]
    For those of you interested, here is a very nice review of these pants. They are very high quality and are really nice. And here is how they look with a shirt and blazer on (not my photo): [​IMG]
    at least make it a v-neck undershirt so it doesn't peek out from under the madras bd.
    Noted.

15. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I appreciate the trouser to real waist-line thing, but they are a little too high, imo (I would lower them, and cuff the trousers, if too long)! You need that 1:1.618 Fibonacci ratio! Atm, it's kinda 1:2! I agree, may look better without an under-shirt (never understood under-shirts in hot weather!). Not a bad look, though (nor bad first post)! Note: I just noticed you posted the guy in the army. I was going to say that tie-in-shirt thing works well with a higher waistline!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.