1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^^actually I really like those CP's, but CP's are a slim shoe, your jeans are fitted around the thigh, pinch at the knee, flare out at the calf, and pinch again at the shoe. Maybe it's because they're new and stiff, but boots would be the way to go with those jeans IMO.
    I know a cuff would help clean the slight stacks which would probably help but the jeans are definitely still stiff as this is only about the 5th wear or so. The pic was taken first thing before work so they do rise a bit as they bunch behind the knee after wear during the day. The hem opening is 8" which I think it right on the slim straight to straight side. I have a few jeans with narrower hems (at about 7.5") and agree they work a bit better with those, but that's as narrow as I go with jeans. Ihought they looked fine here generally, but if I was nitpicking I can see what you're saying.
    The color palette of the outfit is exactly the same as one I have been struggling with for a couple of weeks now. White, dark blue, and that exact gray. I seriously cannot tell if it works or not. Totally clueless. As far as the fit, it's perfectly inoffensive. I think I can see what Eason is referring to, but that is only because the jeans are flattened across the front. A simple tug at the shin should fix it. No?
    It works for me. Is it the grey shoes that you have the most hard time with? I know I did at first since I was used to mostly white sneaks, but I starting liking grey more as a change to the norm. Yeah with wear I think the hem will work itself out. They are a slim profile shoe that play well to narrower hems, but with a slightly larger hem, can see how one might see them as starting to get swallowed up I guess.
    Eason is just trying to get everyone into skin tight jeans like his.
    Haha. He does love him some tight jeans.
    i agree with eason. the shirt and pants look fine but the shoes are too narrow for those jeans. tapered jeans would look way better with those shoes. like nudie thin finns or something the shoes are really cool though. they remind me of my low lanvins
    I agree that narrower hems play better with the slim shoe profile. I owned numerous CP's and could never settle on the model I liked best, but when I saw these in my size on the B&S I jumped at 'em and I'm glad I did. I really dig the suede with leather cap toe. Not baller status like your Lanvin's but definitely a grown man's Chucks.
    I think they could benefit from .5"-1" of taper from the knee down
    Eh. I have jeans with narrower hems, so I wanted a pair that was slightly larger. Paired with beefier shoes and boots or my brogues, they work great for me.

2. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

Really dig the way you laced those common projects.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

solid fit as usual...who makes the pants?
    muji cotton pants from last summer

Yea, i have one of those oc x uniqlo shirts from last year (different color pattern) and i don't think i've worn it more than twice. I need to just sell it but i'm a hoarder
    Definitely the hardest shirt to pull off without looking too much like a k-pop singer, but when it's right it looks pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Silk/cotton long jacket: Ann Demeulemeester (the back is also made of the same silk as the lining and accessorized with two horizontal straps, really cool piece)
    Pocket square: Ann Demeulemeester (this is actually an Ann menswear show invitation from a few seasons ago)
    Light alpaga sweater: Ann Demeulemeester
    Jeans: Cloak
    Trainers: Rick Owens

full requote since it's awesome
    fuuma not feelin this with the sneaks broham and too much black

My feeling with Ricks is that usually another footwear choice would look better but then it's not as interesting or fun to talk about.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

What bothers me at home is the shade of grey. I hesitate to wear that shade of grey with a white shirt, basically. If I'm wearing a non-white tee, I don't care, but it came up because I'm seriously thinking of wearing a Hanes tee every day this summer. But if no one else has this color issue, it's just in my head.

Let me ask you this about the jeans vs shoes since it has become a mini-debate. What size shoes do you wear? If you say 9, I'm going to lean towards a 7.0 - 7.5 hem. If you say 11, your hem is fine, the jeans just need a tug at the shins.

Would anyone mind telling me CP sizing? 8 in chucks, 9 in adidas, 8.5 in nike, X in CP...

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

What bothers me at home is the shade of grey. I hesitate to wear that shade of grey with a white shirt, basically. If I'm wearing a non-white tee, I don't care, but it came up because I'm seriously thinking of wearing a Hanes tee every day this summer. But if no one else has this color issue, it's just in my head.

Let me ask you this about the jeans vs shoes since it has become a mini-debate. What size shoes do you wear? If you say 9, I'm going to lean towards a 7.0 - 7.5 hem. If you say 11, your hem is fine, the jeans just need a tug at the shins.

Would anyone mind telling me CP sizing? 8 in chucks, 9 in adidas, 8.5 in nike, X in CP...

I think it's fine, personally. For me it's black sneakers I feel I can't wear with anything, but that might be in my head. I think you're good.

My size is 8-9 depending on the shoe. If I wear these with my Alden Indy boots or my Red Wing GTs, the silhouette is much more on par and the hem is money. Smaller hems with those boots gives the Ronald McDonald effect, which I'm not fond of.

The CP's I have are a size 41 and I'm an 8.5 in Chucks/Clarks, 9 in Adidas and I think 9.5 in Nikes. It sounds like you might be a 40 or possibly a 41. CPs are narrow so even though you might get some extra room in the toe box, it won't feel that way given how narrow they are.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

7. jet

jet Senior member

^what shoes J?

8. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

i'm liking how long that jacket is

9. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

yeah. so simple yet so awesome LK.

10. quasky

quasky Senior member

I know aveda get's a lot of hype, but the grooming clay is great and not greasy. provides just enough texture and hold too. I recall that you live in halifax(?), not sure if you can get aveda stuff there though.

+1. doesn't dry all shiny, and it smells nice, too.

11. theom-

theom- Senior member

Holy shit LK that is baller, specially the black ps and bowtie.

whats the camera strap btw?

12. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Did you spend some time outside getting darker?!

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

^what shoes J?

I wore black ponyhair monkstraps from Alfred Sargeant

Holy shit LK that is baller, specially the black ps and bowtie.

whats the camera strap btw?

Artist & Artisan Silk Cord strap.

Did you spend some time outside getting darker?!

I assure you I am as heliophobic as ever.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

[​IMG]

Very cool, I like how your hair matches your accessories. I have dark dark brown (commonly confused with black) hair myself and for the same reason I find myself always wearing black shoes [​IMG]. I thought the jacket may have been a bit big in the chest at first (I had no problem with the length) but now that I think about it it would look just right buttoned up.

15. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

[​IMG]

This is amazing.

[​IMG]

+J
    J Crew
    (Not seen: H&M, PS)

16. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

[​IMG] zipia gmarket yesstyle

17. driveslowk