The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I like the sideways belt aeglus, it makes the fit a lot more interesting.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Nice vid Kent, I used to ride too. I was the wheelie king of Rosedale NY for a few years

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Totally agree with you guys about the photography playing a huge role. A large part of how stylish you look is related to how you stand and move. Posing for a still picture can never capture this. Thus I would guess graphic looks better in person than his pictures imply. But one really needs to try wearing a lot of different things in order to discover what suits you best. Thus I frequently view the sf uniform as a sign the wearer has never undergone much of this process. .
    Not to make excuses, but shitty self-photography is terrible for my proprtions (aeglus understands this, as we have similar physiques) and really does me absolutely no favors. As for my kopping choices, SF has been right about shit I know I like (ToJ for a leather, APC for denim) and I knew I wanted "dope black and white mid/hi tops" and so I went with the SF suggestion when they popped up on B&S. There might be better brands for my intended direction (I'm realizing this about the jeans in this fit in particular) but like, I'm not just going out kopping painted gats and margiela knits and W+H flannels b/c I know that won't really work for the style I know I like. As for my personality vis a vis clothing choices, I like things that are cool, interesting on sociocultural and/or design level, and physique flattering, without being "out there" in a potentially alienating way, which is why I like my leather/tee/denim/boots uniform so much (as it is the quintissential distillation of what I'm going for). If that's clear at all, id welcome suggestions of designers that fit that.

4. saelan

saelan Senior member

reedobandito, that's not a bad look, but I would strongly recommend not wearing a plain tee. If you're not going to wear a collared shirt, go with a striped tee or at least a v-neck.

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I like the sideways belt aeglus, it makes the fit a lot more interesting.

+1

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Coming to the conclusion that the jeans need a hem:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NdG
    Uniqlo
    levi 511
    Loake

7. aether

aether Senior member

thanks guys. I basically had a revelation my sophomore when I got knocked out cold -- baddd -- while I was riding. It made me realize that I really cant afford to be injured while i was college because I had to get my ass to class, I had to go grocery shopping for myself, etc etc and I couldnt afford to be incapacitated. I'd had broken ankles, collarbones, etc before so I know what a burden injuries can be. And also, I was basically at the point where I was like, "Should I try to go 'pro' or should I focus on school." Well, of course I chose school.

but thanks again ya'll, that video is definitely my pride and joy

but yeah, the logical progression for me would be to get into motorcycles and road bikes! I don't really think about it this way, but I guess I have somewhat of a 'need for speed' and acrobatics. I think that's why I really want to be a pilot physician too.

[/essay]

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

9. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

not a fan of the shoes

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

kent $ that was a great video, well done

RFX those are great sneakers.

MoK, they may not need a hem. They will look better after they settle a bit (they look new and sort of stiff and flat across the calf from how they were folded at the store). If they still look funky after a month or 2, think about hemming them then.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG] TOJ TOJ APC

12. saelan

saelan Senior member

That bomber looks fucking awesome.

13. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

14. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior member

[​IMG]

TOJ
    TOJ
    APC

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

[​IMG]

selfridges x coke
    buzz
    conexroy

I know this one's a few days old, but I'm slow and that's how I roll.

Really like the Buzz sweatshirt. I saw a very similar sweatshirt at Barney's at nearly four times the price.

more taper. cuff perhaps?

[​IMG]

BB
    Levis
    McNairy

I would definitely do something about the inseam on those pants. At the very least you need to have them hemmed. They are much too long as is, and I don't think you'll be able to taper them enough to work in some sort of stack.

With regards to the shirt sleeve roll, you either need to be above or below the elbow, but not at the elbow. Pattern of the shirt looks great for spring/summer and I dig the kicks.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]

Boot kick ass.

[​IMG]

Buttoned is better, IMO.

[​IMG]
    Loved it until the shoes. They draw my eye to them so much that I can't focus on how awesome the rest of the fit is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.