Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

more taper. cuff perhaps?

[​IMG]

BB
    Levis
    McNairy

I'd tuck the shirt, looks too long untucked IMO

2. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Tuck or shorten the shirt 3-4 inches would be the biggest thing. Hemming the pants to have a slight break would clean it up as well.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

hey thanks everyone, I had a lot of fun out there today but I wish my shots came out better, it was tough getting tricks right in the frame that the camera was focused on, since I wanted to be in a position where the clothes could be seen. that's why I threw in that extra shot of me actually walking my bike away from my phone so you can see some of the details on the pants. the pants actually have some cool details that are missing, like the green gingham pocket lining (you can sort of see it on my ass) and some cool metal buckles on the side of the waist, just covered by my shirt unfortunately. They're also 100% nylon and machine washable [​IMG] If I don't address you it means I still like you I just have nothing else to add! asobu - Rad always was and always will be an insanely cool film in so many ways. love that movie. snowman - sometimes you gotta live in your clothes too! same deal as partying in them, only all i got on them today was sweat lol Rosenberg - this bike was actually an S&M "Dirtbike" (made in USA yeah!) It was my old dirt jumping bike that I actually bought myself in 8th grade hoping to grow into, but it's still a little big and heavy for me, especially for flatland lol. I had a bike set up on an Ares Ashura frame for flatland in highschool and that was fantastic, but it's in pieces and this was pretty much complete so I threw some old primo stiffies on it, which are actually pegs for rails not flat and figured I would go at it. Way harder to ride this though, and after a 3+ year hiatus I was in really rough shape out there. Still sort of inspired to take a bike back to NY with me though and find some empty lots. aether - no I rode into it, but full disclosure it's a fire hydrant into a backwards steamroller which is way easier on a bike like this. I was really struggling with a standard steamroller since the dimensions and weight of this bike are so different than what I was used to, not to mention the fact that I'm out of shape and haven't ridden in so many years. I still had fun though! I actually figured out how to frame myself in the shot by approaching from the left and using that chalk line as a mark to start my fire hydrant lol Makeshift_Robot - not sure what freeze you're talking about so no I don't think it was me. Thanks anyway [​IMG] thatguymj - I'm sorry to hear about your stolen bike!! My first BMX bike was a Mongoose as well but it was a racing one and was from around 95 or 96 (I was 8 or 9). I remember a neighborhood kid had a GT Dyno that had a detangler and his got stolen too! Made me glad I had a stripped down race model haha

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

stazy that fit looks amaizng when im drunk, i dont like the boot btcuker though ckinda messy

5. aether

aether Senior member

tween, that's cool that you actually know how to flatland. I rode BMX for like 10 years of my life, it was the single most passionate thing I have ever done up till now. primarily street, dirt, and park, though. This is a video I made basically right before I stopped riding my sophomore year of college. taken a week or so back before a cold night ride. NOT TOJ [​IMG] but note the quilted shoulders. goddam I want the new A-2 and CWP... oh yeah, and the 2011 double rider. fack [​IMG]

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

^ That video is pretty impressive. Why'd you stop?

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah Kent that video is damn good man

Pre-med killed it for you?

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

tween: Really great photo and fit. Like others have said, those pants look really cool on you. I wish I could still ride a bike around, Lagos roads are too dangerous for that lol.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Kent's vid owns.
    [​IMG]

few detail shots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

^^^ I'm digging the sideways belt. Anyways, here goes:

[​IMG]

Rogues Gallery
    J. Crew
    Tanner Goods
    APC
    1901 (sue me)

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

where to cop boots aeglus?

13. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Sweet vid, aether. Tween, need better pics of the Junya pants! I can't seem to view Stazy's and aether's pics. Aeglus, solid.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

sick rice beard at work [​IMG][​IMG] patagonia club monaco

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Aether that was a really good edit you posted up, some great riding man. Street is the one thing I never got into hardcore no matter how much I tried to find some good spots for riding. I went through waves though like I'm sure most people do, I used to race at a local track in elementary and beginning of middle school, dirt jumping through late middle school to beginning of high school, and flatland in HS and the first few college summers. Sadly I never got into big boy bikes like you did, except for taking my dad's old dirt bike out on some trails in New Hampshire occasionally. I got caught up in cars instead but I always missed being on 2 wheels. Aeglus bag and glasses look really good here, although I can't figure out why I like the look of clear lens frames being worn like that lol Nicely lol I hope there is a cameraman right behind the photographer filming you as some silly American comic relief in a news segment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.