The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Appreciate it, it's like a flat grey and sort of off-white. Gives a cool dimension to my standard gray shirt I always seem to wear and have a ton of.

Interesting. I don't see many grays in the shirt fabric books. I've got a light and dark blue version of the puppytooth. What's the brand of the shirt if I may ask?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Moo, I can always wear a pair of brown lace up with that fit and not cuff my pants. I just choose not to, I dont want to look "dressy" with my fits.
    Thank you. Your stuff always looks put together, dressy/conservative enough and still hip/current. Hard to do and i dunno if i've seen anyone else on the forum figure that out for more than a fit or two NOBD's sw&d fit a few pages back was nice but i think people were overreacting a bit. NOBD's jacket for a casual streetwear fit honestly looks bad. It's a good fit and i like everything but the jacket. I don't think it looks good in his fit and the slimness of the clothes. A bit too baggy/long but maybe it's just the angle. I'm sure would be a great jacket in other fits he does but not there. Other than the jacket i thought everything looked and fitted great but last detail kept bugging me looking at it hopefully there is more good cross posting like that though. looked good still

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Interesting. I don't see many grays in the shirt fabric books. I've got a light and dark blue version of the puppytooth. What's the brand of the shirt if I may ask?
    Yeah I hadn't seen anything like it either. Shirt is Polo Ralph Lauren [​IMG] and is from last spring when the whole "collection" was layered gray and off white. On that note I'm surprised at the amount of hate Polo gets on this forum. The little collections (the stuff that is more limited and has a theme) always have some really great pieces and some of my favorite stuff comes from them. Prices are just too high for MIC stuff I guess - this shirt retailed for $265 which is just stupid - but since it's Polo it always goes on good sale eventually.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Moo seems to go through month-long phases of being chill and then being a fucking lunatic

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

I wonder what both of their wives think about their posting activities.

6. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Yeah I hadn't seen anything like it either. Shirt is Polo Ralph Lauren [​IMG] and is from last spring when the whole "collection" was layered gray and off white.

On that note I'm surprised at the amount of hate Polo gets on this forum. The little collections (the stuff that is more limited and has a theme) always have some really great pieces and some of my favorite stuff comes from them. Prices are just too high for MIC stuff I guess - this shirt retailed for $265 which is just stupid - but since it's Polo it always goes on good sale eventually.

that was a good collection. i bought this ill full button sweat cardigan from that but i had to return cause there was a hole at the pocket [​IMG]
    but then i got the sweat cardigan from sun valley [​IMG]

7. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I wonder what both of their wives think about their posting activities.

As per Uncontrol's observation, I assume the husbands are on sympathy rags, hence the violence.

8. wootx

wootx Senior member

i wish moo posted a fit and wally snarkily commented about it. would be some serious laughs

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

NOBD's sw&d fit a few pages back was nice but i think people were overreacting a bit. NOBD's jacket for a casual streetwear fit honestly looks bad. It's a good fit and i like everything but the jacket. I don't think it looks good in his fit and the slimness of the clothes. A bit too baggy/long but maybe it's just the angle. I'm sure would be a great jacket in other fits he does but not there. Other than the jacket i thought everything looked and fitted great but last detail kept bugging me looking at it

hopefully there is more good cross posting like that though. looked good still

Thanks for the feedback, chronoaug. I know what you mean. I have to choose between fitted and comfort. I have more fitted jackets that probably look nicer in pics, but that don't give me enough freedom of movement. And some looser jackets feel comfortable, but don't look as fitted as I like.

It's hard to combine those two, for me at least. I wear jackets daily, eg when bringing my daughter to school, mostly by bike, which means lifting her in and out of her bicycle seat (not sure what it's called); I need some "jacket room" for that.

That doesn't mean that I've found the ideal fit for both demands"”not at all. I keep searching for the right fit (and hate the process, to be honest).

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Thanks for the feedback, chronoaug. I know what you mean. I have to choose between fitted and comfort. I have more fitted jackets that probably look nicer in pics, but that don't give me enough freedom of movement. And some looser jackets feel comfortable, but don't look as fitted as I like. It's hard to combine those two, for me at least. I wear jackets daily, eg when bringing my daughter to school, mostly by bike, which means lifting her in and out of her bicycle seat (not sure what it's called); I need some "jacket room" for that. That doesn't mean that I've found the ideal fit for both demands—not at all. I keep searching for the right fit (and hate the process, to be honest).
    Yea, it's tough to find blazers that work well in that casual setting with slim clothes like your fit. I think it's possible to find something that works better for that fit but also not too constricting. Not needing something super slim, but length and structure look off too. i'm sure there are some brands people on here can point you towards. I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to rip seams lifting kids around. They're deceptively heavy and squirmy [​IMG]

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

NOBD, it may insult your MC sensibilities but maybe look at some more relaxed casual blazers, sack style or something like that. doesn't need to be tight and fitted, relaxed can be very elegant and surprisingly versatile. maybe also consider an unstuctured blazer. I think chrono doesn't like the inbetween kinda fitted but not super slim and longer, formal feeling jacket over the more casual fit. I would agree.

12. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

wow, the boring factory called, they're out of your outfit

bro, you can have my sandwich. i can cut back, you can eat. we both profit.

COME ON.

[​IMG]

13. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Yea, it's tough to find blazers that work well in that casual setting with slim clothes like your fit. I think it's possible to find something that works better for that fit but also not too constricting. Not needing something super slim, but length and structure look off too. i'm sure there are some brands people on here can point you towards. I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to rip seams lifting kids around. They're deceptively heavy and squirmy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOBD, it may insult your MC sensibilities but maybe look at some more relaxed casual blazers, sack style or something like that. doesn't need to be tight and fitted, relaxed can be very elegant and surprisingly versatile. maybe also consider an unstuctured blazer. I think chrono doesn't like the inbetween kinda fitted but not super slim and longer, formal feeling jacket over the more casual fit. I would agree.

Thanks (both). Not insulting at all"”I don't think I have many MC sensibilities... I've been thinking about unstructured jackets for some time. My shirtmaker has recently started doing unstructured "shirt jackets" and I'm curious what they look like (haven't been there for a while). But OTR is an option too. Boglioli comes to mind, but I'm not "brand steady".

The jacket in the picture is structured, but not heavily, and it's only lined in the shoulder and arms (see pics). The fabric (a silk/linen/wool blend) is kind of stiff of itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

Mr.Moo is why I don't wanna get married.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.