1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

2. Bilzario

Bilzario Active Member

So today we have that most perfect client, who gives very clear specifications for how he wants his trolling done. He displays his fit, he wants this, that, and the other, done by this troll, that troll and the other one. We even have visitors from MC to see the trainwreck (Howdy JayJay). And the trolls don't bite? Are they on strike? What gives?

1 person likes this.
  3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Maybe it is the photo, but really, orange and green do not go together, and a sky blue and a washed out green do not go together, either. You've got to change something to navy, or maybe even change two things. I don't know how to describe it better, but your colors are all too bright so they clash horribly.

4. aether

aether Senior member

don't let scott.m hear that comment about orange and green.

the pants are cotton duck, so brownish orange. I think the outdoor lighting really brightened it up, and i used my dslr this time.

5. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

The problem is the blue in the sweater.

It hasn't gone with anything you posted in your last 3 attempts with it.

6. jet

jet Senior member

^this, that is the worst shade of blue to try and coordinate with anything

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

that sweater would be perfect with some dad-wash jeans, hiking boots, and a khaki colored 60/40 parka (sierra designs, penfield, etc). done and done.

that's where that shade of blue really shines.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

I think it looks fine; the Junya comparison might be reaching a bit but I don't think this is as garish as everyone is acting like it is. Yes, the blue sweater isn't a perfect "match" but I hardly think it is over the top or super-clashing. I agree it's out of place but I don't think it ruins the fit.

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I actually think that fit would be really good if he just took off the jacket. As is, it's one too many colors.

10. tween_spirit

everyone should just read tweenstradamus' thumbs up on Aether's fit because it was the first comment made about it and The Only Correct One

/jet

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  12. aether

aether Senior member

re: my fit -- i know it's hard to swallow, but I sorta think they all go together...barely. :lol:

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

jacket is too long, and whats with all the ugly pastels? too miami vice

14. jet

jet Senior member

I like pastels, need more contrast b/w jacket and pants and jacket tailored.

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

was thinking this, I originally had a tan shirt on an everything just looked completely washed out which is why i switched to the dark blue one. Maybe it still doesn't break it up enough. Easy option would be just switch the pants out for navy blue, but maybe if i half a dark collared shirt it might break it up a bit more. I'll try it next time.

The jacket is cotton/rayon and completely unstructured - it needs a touch of room in the chest to keep it breezy i think. Might take off half an inch or so in the chest.

I like the length and looking Miami Vice is kinda half the point of Margiela.

16. APK

APK Senior member

If Kent's pants are the WvG dandy pant (or whatever it was called), then they're a lot darker than what we're seeing. More of a clay color or dark burnt orange (that's a thing, right?).

So the pant probably goes better together with the jacket than the picture suggests, but the sweater is still out of place.

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

omg i am in the same dilemma and it blows

you should keep the knit btw. looks awesome. would personally change sneaker for some shoes and walk into the office, swag :foo:

18. tween_spirit

haha yeah. Yeah that's the plan, it's conservative enough that it will look fine in the office.

thanks for all the kind words too guys, you've convinced me to keep it, even though there were a handful of interested people and a few offers on it in PMs.

Next step: side zips :slayer:

19. the shah

the shah Senior member

i didn't tell you before, but nice tweenybaby

what kind of sidezip we talking here ? RO stormtrooper boots ?!

20. tween_spirit

lol if only.

Something pretty straightforward: black, not patent, maybe slightly distressed? Either that or some black derbys like snake wears, but I'd prefer boots.

Also, I want like a third of everything in that SuFu thread you posted. That's the kind of stuff I should be looking at - not shit like that cork-jacket I posted :embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.