The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

That's what style is about to me, making your own look rather than aspiring to the runway. Anyone can do the latter and a huge factor for pulling something like that off is simplicity. I'm not talking tee and jeans simplicity but like your du in the napoleon, no crazy jeans and a plain white tee all worn (and worn in) with the other stuff in a way that really escalates the fit. More complex patterns/colors/fits require a mastery of that stuff in order to look better than what you just described though which most people lack. You also need a lot of stuff so that you can find stuff that interplays well with each other.

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

kind of my approach too, which is what i found funny about early TFS/style forums where dudes would beast head to toe dior or whatever aping runway looks to the letter. usually looked awful.

3. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

I think sometimes people get carried away with the idea of baller sneakers to set off stuff like that, it comes off too artificial and fashiony (sup uncontrol) but with some white chucks it grounds the fit in "realness" and takes away the try-hard aspect of trying to achieve such a look.

agreed... just look at this guy

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

thanks everybody!

I was going to get some black tapered pants to go with the shirt but haven't found any yet so I got tired of waiting. I am wearing a white t-shirt under to bring out the lace rose pattern, you wouldn't even notice with a black t-shirt. I've rarely worn chucks in a fit but these are really beat up, so it's like a dirty white which is kind of the vibe that I get from the white tee/black lace so I thought that it would pair well.

Anyway, it's a bit of a test run. Give me some painted white mmm zip boots and black tapered ann d pants.

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Faux Hawk is terrible.

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

TTN: DEFENSIVE POAST AHEAD:

~~ I'm outnumbered ~~

okay well my defect is that I am not so crazy about chucks. However I am not a snob; I like the powder blue nike blazers (?) that NN was wearing a while back. I like some incongruity in fits from time to time, so the hi/lo thing often works for me. Also I don't consider those mmm to be baller sneakers - they just look white to me.

That is my stream of consciousness response, got to go back to work now.

@kelv, black tapered pants would be excellent, I am on the lookout for those as well and waiting for Jil $$$$ pants to drop in price.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

highly disagreed
    I don't really see anything wrong with aeglus's t shirt...it's form fitting since he hits the gym.

8. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

thanks everybody!

I was going to get some black tapered pants to go with the shirt but haven't found any yet so I got tired of waiting. I am wearing a white t-shirt under to bring out the lace rose pattern, you wouldn't even notice with a black t-shirt. I've rarely worn chucks in a fit but these are really beat up, so it's like a dirty white which is kind of the vibe that I get from the white tee/black lace so I thought that it would pair well.

Anyway, it's a bit of a test run. Give me some painted white mmm zip boots and black tapered ann d pants.

That shirt is 10/10 obviously, but if you're going to wear white under it, I think it'd look better if you either wore long sleeves underneath or rolled up the sleeves

9. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We haven't left winter yet...

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Interesting that the womens' version of those Pradas kept the colored section of the sole

11. snake

snake Senior member

Interesting that the womens' version of those Pradas kept the colored section of the sole

IIRC the womens runway version had incredibly thick colored soles, whereas those are maybe 1/3 that.

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

guys, I'm still waiting for those. should I give you my address again ? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I've never seen an infrared signal-emitting pair ????

14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

15. Kuestion

Kuestion New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.