• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

raags

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

dope as ****

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments on yesterdays fit, you'all -- much appreciated

tooshay

Reaction score
NOBD - I generally love your posts, but this one is off for me. Those are some serious Dad's, and there seems to be a lot of extra fabric in the jacket, that hangs weird in the shoulders.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
late, but slack's fit is great. hat is nice. checked out the steven alan site, "pearl grey" is the one in your fit correct?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
NOBD - I generally love your posts, but this one is off for me. Those are some serious Dad's, and there seems to be a lot of extra fabric in the jacket, that hangs weird in the shoulders.

Thanks for the feedback, tooshay. I assume it's the higher rise (and light colour) that puts you off. Apart from the rise, which I find on the high side too, I like the fit (the length, and the width of the legs, ending in 19cm), but I need to find a better one (saw a light APC NS last year, but I'm not sure it's still available.)

The jacket is a heavily altered OTR Corneliani; I understand what you mean, but am not ready to write it off yet; I like to wear stuff that I've had for years.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Hattan hats look good. I was tempted by the ones on Steven Alan too, but the price is off putting. Worth it, slack tide?

NOBD always has the best suede shoes. Fits make a decent case for bals with jeans.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
NOBD always has the best suede shoes. Fits make a decent case for bals with jeans.

Thanks, just got them last week. I was wondering if I could get away with that combination; not completely convinced myself (whereas I wouldn't think twice about wearing dark brown suede monks, or red-brown suede bals with perforated toecap with these light jeans).

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
late, but slack's fit is great. hat is nice. checked out the steven alan site, "pearl grey" is the one in your fit correct?

Exactly right - pearl grey. It's pretty obvious I'm a hat enthusiast being I'm wearing one in 90% of my fits, and Hattan caps are pretty damn nice. Hand made in New York in extrememly small batches (I believe is the story). 6 panel 1940 repros. The craftsmenship and detail on the hats are amazing. Just minor things, like the small button they sew on top and the interior lining and stitching. Check the red one below too...would like to find that one..

hattan.png

The Hattan hats look good. I was tempted by the ones on Steven Alan too, but the price is off putting. Worth it, slack tide?

If you like the look of the hat (take a good look at the pics above), and are aware it has an ever so slightly shortened brim, 6-panel true 40's repro, and is very lightweight and delicate in construction -- it is highly, highly, recommended. But in good faith and full disclosure to the community, I must point out how delicate the caps are to the hand. These are not knock-around type items. When I pack for the weekend I'll pack a couple hats in my bag, and I have to carry this one in my hand because I'm afraid if I pack it, the bill may get creased in transit. The bill does actually feel like semi-heavy card stock (i.e. not extremely substantial).

That aside, it's a beautiful hat and unboxing it and at first fit and mirror glance I was/am extremely happy. But just important to note the delicacy of the hat, and more specifically, the bill. If you intend to bend it in a traditional baseball cap manner, it would have to be with a rubber band (like back in the old days of youth with a new hat...) or else you risk creasing it. If you got a little north of a benjy to drop on a cap, and like the look of my fit, and the guys above -- I can't think of a better one to get for the spring/summer...

(edit; spelling errors and typos)

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Also, I agree with the jacket fit but I quite like it overall. It would be quite awesome if my dad dressed like NOBD, so I would able to borrow his shoes. My old man has no love for suede.
ffffuuuu.gif
facepalm.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks for the feedback, tooshay. I assume it's the higher rise (and light colour) that puts you off. Apart from the rise, which I find on the high side too, I like the fit (the length, and the width of the legs, ending in 19cm), but I need to find a better one (saw a light APC NS last year, but I'm not sure it's still available.)

Jeans are dadwash, that is the issue. Fit looks okay to me. I never wear hemmed jeans, but I don't expect everyone to be on board with that.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I always love the fit of NOBD's jeans, and washed denim like that always looks right at home with suede shoes that are some shade of brown or tan.

That said I don't really like the actual texture of the denim on the one's he's wearing now. you can see it on the belt/pocket detail and it looks really flat and smooth?

I do love the color and wash of them from far though!

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
long time no post. i didn't actually wear this out today but lane wanted a fit pic for my fs thread so i snapped a quick one
IMG_1010.jpg

rick
uniqlo
silent
visvim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads