• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe

What does everyone think about the black wingtips? I wanted to go for them today to try to pull them off, but I know that brown is more popular here and do wear brown constantly.

black is fine I couldn't see your shoes too well but I imagine without that qzip if the shirt isn't ballooning out of your pants you have started down the right path...be careful for it's sure to be one of no return (unless you're GN he made it back out alive to not caring)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF-WAYWT-41311.jpg

INC sweater. White shirt. Maroon/black/gold/silver tie. Volcom slate-colored chino (restructured). Perry Ellis black wingtips. Pierre Cardin bag. Suggestions? Comments?
smile.gif

Gonna be real: this is something one of my trashy azn cousins would look like when they are "dressing up." Quarter-zips and half-zips or whatever-the-**** zips are awful and make you look like fuckin a dingus, cut that **** out. The hair + sunglasses combination makes you look like you'll throw on an Armani Xchange tee to go out to the mall in about 10 minutes. There are very few ways to look good with spiky gelled hair, so figure something out about that. Bag is also ugly. Pants and shoes are aight though, mostly cause I can't really see the shoes and the pant fit isn't bad.
Wax with hair? Unfortunately, I've never seen it done. I know it's a dumb question, but what distinguishes a look by using wax? Any long-term effects?
Wax is generally matte but can be a bit shiny too. Gel is too hard and gloopy and makes your hair look bad, but wax really just gives hair some much texture and a little hold, though depending on how much you use you can also style it in some very interesting ways. See Synth or driveslowk

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
black is fine I couldn't see your shoes too well but I imagine without that qzip if the shirt isn't ballooning out of your pants you have started down the right path...be careful for it's sure to be one of no return (unless you're GN he made it back out alive to not caring)

Alright, that sounds good. Thank you.

Originally Posted by g transistor
Gonna be real: this is something one of my trashy azn cousins would look like when they are "dressing up."

Quarter-zips and half-zips or whatever-the-**** zips are awful and make you look like fuckin a dingus, cut that **** out. The hair + sunglasses combination makes you look like you'll throw on an Armani Xchange to go out to the mall in about 10 minutes. There are very few ways to look good with spiky gelled hair, so figure something out about that. Bag is also ugly. Pants and shoes are aight though, mostly cause I can't really see the shoes and the pant fit isn't bad.

Wax is generally matte but can be a bit shiny too. Gel is too hard and gloopy and makes your hair look bad, but wax really just gives hair some much texture and a little hold, though depending on how much you use you can also style it in some very interesting ways. See Synth or driveslowk

You're an ass, but thanks for your advice; it gives me a new perspective on my look. I think I will try to get some wax and try it out.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine smells very faintly of wax?
laugh.gif
Will check out the Japanese stuff, tho.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
SF-WAYWT-41311.jpg

INC sweater.
White shirt.
Maroon/black/gold/silver tie.
Volcom slate-colored chino (restructured).
Perry Ellis black wingtips.
Pierre Cardin bag.

Suggestions? Comments?
smile.gif

Mafoofan- the teenage years.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i doubt
foo.gif
was cool enough for volcom

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Needs bluetooth headset and a BMW M3. Got the $100 outfit down nicely.

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Was it cause I called you a dingus? If so, I apologize.
Nope, you spelled "azn" wrong. It's "asian." That just irks me, don't ask me why.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I hope he realizes we're not talking about, like, candle wax or something
I ain't THAT dumb, haha.
Originally Posted by Eason
Mafoofan- the teenage years.
I'm going to hope I can get there. Thanks for commenting.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Needs bluetooth headset and a BMW M3. Got the $100 outfit down nicely.
I don't know if this is sarcasm or poking big-time fun at me, but I'll take it. Thanks for your opinion. Hopefully, my style will progress. After all, my handle is "Wannabe"
bigstar[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was making fun of you. But here, to make it up to you, I'll start you on the right path:

-Your hair needs fixing, like others said. Right now, you don't have hair on your head. You have chemical-cicles on your head. You could buzz all your hair off, or grow your hair out a bit and a get cut that makes it look like you're growing natural hair on your head. Throw out your hair gel now.

- If you want to develop a style that suits you, you should sit down and decide what might be stereotypical looks for people of certain ages and then start from there and riff on it. For example, what do you think a teenager dresses in? what does a 20-something dress in? what does a 30 something dress in? and so on. Right now, your outfit might suit anyone from a recovering frat boy in a biz casual office, to a 60 year old, that is to say, you're not really dressing your age. (mafoofan doesn't either IMO, but I digress...)

-Generally, the idea might be that you want to project to others that you're interested in and influenced by cool things, like music, art, being desired by women, drugs, alcohol, poetry, etc. Computer programming, golf - you don't want to project that, IMO.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
-Generally, the idea might be that you want to project to others that you're interested in and influenced by cool things, like music, art, being desired by women, drugs, alcohol, poetry, etc.
Also, don't forget to neg the HBs.

Vaio

Reaction score
I was making fun of you. But here, to make it up to you, I'll start you on the right path:

-Your hair needs fixing, like others said. Right now, you don't have hair on your head. You have chemical-cicles on your head. You could buzz all your hair off, or grow your hair out a bit and a get cut that makes it look like you're growing natural hair on your head. Throw out your hair gel now.

- If you want to develop a style that suits you, you should sit down and decide what might be stereotypical looks for people of certain ages and then start from there and riff on it. For example, what do you think a teenager dresses in? what does a 20-something dress in? what does a 30 something dress in? and so on. Right now, your outfit might suit anyone from a recovering frat boy in a biz casual office, to a 60 year old, that is to say, you're not really dressing your age. (mafoofan doesn't either IMO, but I digress...)

-Generally, the idea might be that you want to project to others that you're interested in and influenced by cool things, like music, art, being desired by women, drugs, alcohol, poetry, etc. Computer programming, golf - you don't want to project that, IMO.

Drew is too nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads