The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

what the fuck is happening in this thread. this shit has got to stop. bows, that looks fucking great. you should live in that. The only thing I'm not sold on is the boots - they look...bulbous? weirdly shiny? plasticky? I prefer your jodphurs, which are fucking dynamite. Mellowfellow, that is excellent.
    Here is a better pic of the boots for reference. [​IMG]

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Bows, PinkPantser and snake are killing it. That leather looks so good

Snake and Bows both look real good, leather looks really nice especially with the black T-shirt below making it a nice focus. Bows just makes everything look really fucking on point in that fit, it's seriously impressive.

bows, the purple/plum geller is soo good here. collar bar and all. makes me glad i pre ordered a "black iris" sweat (which is same tone as your shirt) from silent[​IMG]
    how are the rag and bones coming along? quality on par with shoes in the same price range? i had a pair, thats why i ask.

I like them a lot, get a lot of wear out of them. And can't beat them for 100$!
    that cloak looks so good.

pretty cool

The thing that makes this good is that overdyed geller tiebar shirt. Really nice breakup of all the charcoal.

This is fucking sick.

SW&D pinned collar FTW! [​IMG] Looks great.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOVE the jeans and the shoes + everything together = perfection.

That purple Geller shirt is good, I was going to buy it but most of the shirts at Barney's lost their bars somehow.

really like this. My fav. ive seen from you.

bows, that looks fucking great. you should live in that. The only thing I'm not sold on is the boots - they look...bulbous? weirdly shiny? plasticky? I prefer your jodphurs, which are fucking dynamite.

Thanks everyone

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

yup
    I Think the same things, but i ve only one tie and yes, it's to slim, May be 7cm it s perfect

It isn't just the tie, the lapels on your suit are also too skinny imo. I also don't like the look of a belt with custom suit.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I didn't mean to be too harsh, which is partly why I also made fun of myself. I think that hat is particularly hard to pull off. I thought about what it might work with, perhaps an all black suit or long trench, and then 'Goth Pimp' jumps in my head [​IMG]
    Honestly I'm only really comfortable wearing it in winter with a totally bundled up, all black, wool outerwear fit. That one just felt number nine-ish to me so I went with it... think if I'd posted same thing sans hat with the single cuff reaction it would look less extreme and would've provoked less extreme reactions.

It's just odd when people get noticeably UPSET about someone messing around... Not you, but people like BMZ or to a lesser extent Binker (though obviously one always considers the source and the perspective behind it). It's not like people not liking something is going to make me no longer want to try things that might or might not work? Particularly given that I obviously don't dress in a particularly eccentric way day-in-day-out. I mean I could sell half the crap I own and dress like Slack Tide every day, but damned if that'd be any fun (no disrespect).

I think I'll try to post 7 fits this week, one per day, each different and see how many people like vs. don't like. I'm betting about 50-50.

5. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

I like the hat. I just agree that it would have been better with different trousers.

6. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

sf answer: because it looks like shit. just because you explain why it looks like shit and don't think it looks like shit doesn't mean it doesn't look like shit.

real answer: because the huge cuffs break up the line from your jeans to your boots in a totally unflattering way. It also looks like you bought jeans that were far too long for you and don't realize you should hem them.

Rolled up pants can work, but yours don't look well done or intentional or cohesive or any adjective that would make it so that they "work"--they just look like you're too lazy to hem your jeans and like to justify it based on some made-up aesthetic preference.

Also, don't tuck your shirt into your jeans you look like a farmer and it's not a good look for you. Also get that shirt to a tailor pronto because it doesn't fit you. We know you got it at savers, but just because you explain why it looks like shit and don't think it looks like shit doesn't mean it doesn't look like shit.

Ok I get your point about the shirt. It is too long to be untucked and obviously looks horrible tucked so I guess I'll just burn it.
    Why can I not have jeans that can be stacked and cuffed? Why must I have two pairs of $400 jeans instead of one?
    Your reader glasses kind of clash with the woodsy outdoorsman look youre going for, theyre more refined and would be better served elsewhere. Your shirts obviously huge and it looks like youve awkwardly cuffed your pants 4 or 5 times, which is insane and doesnt look good. They must be obscenely long uncuffed, if you want stacking get a long inseam, if you wanna cuff to the ankle, buy them slightly shorter than you typically would.

Also your haircut is somewhat boyish, and also appears to be in some kind of strange inbetween stage, not quite buzzed but not quite anything else.

Essentially you just look uncomfortable and awkward all around, but your boots do look nice.

So am I not allowed to do an outdoorsman look or do I seriously need two pairs of glasses to go with different outfits?
    What should I do with my hair? It was a long buzz but its in need of a trim, I got it.

7. funkdoobi

funkdoobi Senior member

Ok I get your point about the shirt. It is too long to be untucked and obviously looks horrible tucked so I guess I'll just burn it. Why can I not have jeans that can be stacked and cuffed? Why must I have two pairs of $400 jeans instead of one? So am I not allowed to do an outdoorsman look or do I seriously need two pairs of glasses to go with different outfits? What should I do with my hair? It was a long buzz but its in need of a trim, I got it.
    start off by either hemming your pants or buying them with a smaller inseam. your 400fold cuff looks stupid. trim the hair to a short buzz, or grow it out and get some sort of style. your hipster glasses don't go well with the outfit you're trying to achieve.

8. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

Aeglus, I'm really digging the new hairstyle. As for this picture..I just ate a shit load of chicken and waffles...and currently feel like I want to puke. Happy Anniversary to me :p [​IMG] de1 by txvdub, on Flickr

9. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Lifestyle shots. Camera assisted the H&M Catalogue shoot in Central park today. Shooting Maryna Linchuk.
    [​IMG]

+ rep

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

stuff
    I got ANGER, THROW EVERY INSULT I CAN THINK OF AT HIM (which you're still doing) because you figured that by me mentioning your name I was donning some form of internet armor to do glorious web-based battle with you in yet another flame war - which I wasn't; it was just a joke. It's cool, yours is not a new or surprising reaction, I've posted on forums for long enough to have seen it many times before. Don't worry about it.

11. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

not sure if i remember or not AR, but if you weren't wearing braces/suspenders then I think it'd add a new level to that fit. I don't think that was the look you were going for though..

12. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Youre a hater, through and through. That kids got more style in his little finger than this poser ar six has in his entire family tree.
    And i agree, he looks like a cheap enterprise rent-a-car manager or something. The suit fits fairly well, but the bland color/fabric, in concert with the matchy, slim tie and slim lapels just oozes mens warehouse trendy slim cut look. Change the shirt and tie, with a nice pair of captoes like aeglus and hed probably be in business.

13. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Your reader glasses kind of clash with the woodsy outdoorsman look youre going for, theyre more refined and would be better served elsewhere. Your shirts obviously huge and it looks like youve awkwardly cuffed your pants 4 or 5 times, which is insane and doesnt look good. They must be obscenely long uncuffed, if you want stacking get a long inseam, if you wanna cuff to the ankle, buy them slightly shorter than you typically would. Also your haircut is somewhat boyish, and also appears to be in some kind of strange inbetween stage, not quite buzzed but not quite anything else. Essentially you just look uncomfortable and awkward all around, but your boots do look nice.

14. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

really don't get why you continue to call them readers. what the hell is making you say those are a reading type frame?

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Every fit ive eever seen of you makes me immediately picture you with an intense african accent. Im not sure if you are african or not ( i know you currently are in London) but your style is mildly antiquated which, combined with your outdated miniature fro thing always makes me feel that you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.