The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Too old school? Yeah I heard you guys about the hemming yesterday. I've already decided against it. I don't see what the big deal is.
    sf answer: because it looks like shit. just because you explain why it looks like shit and don't think it looks like shit doesn't mean it doesn't look like shit. real answer: because the huge cuffs break up the line from your jeans to your boots in a totally unflattering way. It also looks like you bought jeans that were far too long for you and don't realize you should hem them. Rolled up pants can work, but yours don't look well done or intentional or cohesive or any adjective that would make it so that they "work"--they just look like you're too lazy to hem your jeans and like to justify it based on some made-up aesthetic preference. Also, don't tuck your shirt into your jeans you look like a farmer and it's not a good look for you. Also get that shirt to a tailor pronto because it doesn't fit you. We know you got it at savers, but just because you explain why it looks like shit and don't think it looks like shit doesn't mean it doesn't look like shit.

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Too old school?
    Yeah I heard you guys about the hemming yesterday. I've already decided against it. I don't see what the big deal is.

It looks terrible. One cuff, maybe a double roll, i can deal with, but it looks like you've rolled them up 8 times or some shit. Awful.

3. barims

barims Senior member

A windy Sunday's sunset: [​IMG]

4. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

^^^ I'm not sure what it is about your photos, but they make you look like a guy who is just out enjoying life. No awkward poses, forced 'lifestyle' wannabe shots or trying to hard.
    No homo

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Lifestyle shots. Camera assisted the H&M Catalogue shoot in Central park today. Shooting Maryna Linchuk. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

^^^ I'm not sure what it is about your photos, but they make you look like a guy who is just out enjoying life. No awkward poses, forced 'lifestyle' wannabe shots or trying to hard.

No homo

You're not sure what it is and then you explain exactly what it is. [​IMG]

7. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

A windy Sunday's sunset:
    [​IMG]

not crazy about the t-shirt and pants but that blazer is a nice color.

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

what the fuck is happening in this thread. this shit has got to stop. bows, that looks fucking great. you should live in that. The only thing I'm not sold on is the boots - they look...bulbous? weirdly shiny? plasticky? I prefer your jodphurs, which are fucking dynamite. Mellowfellow, that is excellent.

9. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

what the fuck is happening in this thread. this shit has got to stop.

bows, that looks fucking great. you should live in that. The only thing I'm not sold on is the boots - they look...bulbous? weirdly shiny? plasticky? I prefer your jodphurs, which are fucking dynamite.

Mellowfellow, that is excellent.

this post is accurate

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

No homo

+1. I think it is partly because he actually smiles in this photos and look at the camera directly.

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Every fit ive eever seen of you makes me immediately picture you with an intense african accent. Im not sure if you are african or not ( i know you currently are in London) but your style is mildly antiquated which, combined with your outdated miniature fro thing always makes me feel that you are.

I'm confused, are you trying to be funny?

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Be honest, you spilled that paint on purpose

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hmmm I wonder how harsh the smacktalk would've been if I hadn't worn the hat?
    I didn't mean to be too harsh, which is partly why I also made fun of myself. I think that hat is particularly hard to pull off. I thought about what it might work with, perhaps an all black suit or long trench, and then 'Goth Pimp' jumps in my head [​IMG]

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ first time i painted my room and didnt realize paint was dripping all over the covered floor. i was so worried about paint getting on the carpet i forgot it can get on myself too. =\\ was actually going to toss them after that day b/c the paint looked shit but friends liked it and it grew on me (0) [i am in the market for a new pair though, but nothing can fit as well as my old slim jim [​IMG]]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.