Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I assure you I am not. I appreciate the info.

I wasn't referring to you in the first part of my post mayne.

thought bows1 had grown a mustache for a hot sec

I was going to poast that last night.

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Distinguished Member

[​IMG]
    eg bedford creep chambray (came w/ the bandanna in the jacket pocket) hope vintage RL

Nice, I like this. How do you like that shirt? I just picked up a couple Creep pieces also.

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

Must catch up on the thread over the weekend - I've been spending too much time over on MC..

Today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boots:
    [​IMG]

Bag:
    [​IMG]

Barbour Utility Jacket
    Barbour shirt
    Levi 511
    Loake Military
    Bill Amberg

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior Member

MOK - arent those the Loake shilton boots? They are so nice! If they made a beat-up version i would definitely consider them, they look a bit too dress up for my needs in boots.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

2nd pic is great, mok. fit on the pants is spot on.

6. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

MOK - arent those the Loake shilton boots? They are so nice! If they made a beat-up version i would definitely consider them, they look a bit too dress up for my needs in boots.
    The print inside calls them 'Military' I think they're an older version (they lack the speed hooks at the top). They're a bit more distressed than the photo shows, and I think they'll age okay with a bit of beeswax. I picked up off TKMaxx (UK equivalent of TJ...) for under £50 so I'm pretty happy [​IMG]

2nd pic is great, mok. fit on the pants is spot on.

Cheers. First wear of 511s - I bought them cheap off ebay not sure whether they'd be big enough in the thigh, but they fit pretty well with just minor pocket flare. I'll probably get a pair in black for the off times I fancy black jeans, although I can't decide whether to stick to the 32 leg or try 34's to get more stacking.

7. grit

grit Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buzz Rickson
    Raleigh Denim
    Sunny Sports

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Distinguished Member

123abc123, dont tailor or sell that jacket. looks good.

Also, I agree about the fit of Scott's pants. I've seen you in person, no creepster. You were wearing a leather jacket and slim-ish jeans and it looked good. You're a short guy (so am I) but what you were wearing didn't make you look stumpy. Those pants with the roll do.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Really like the patchwork madras.
    You should pick one up once the icicles start melting over there.

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Distinguished Member

Just take an honest look at yourself in the picture, it appears your head and torso are 2/3rdz of your length rather than 1/2. You can defend your jeans all you want it doesnt change the fact that you look bad in them. Your thigh seems to be proportioned okay but then look at that zone from your knee to where your shoe is....it looks to be under a foot. Thats where I draw the resemblence with the picture. Its a combination of your baggy fitting pants, short legs, and the cuff. Eliminate any one of those three things and I can personally guarentee it will look better. Obviously you cant lengthen your legs so either get skinnier jeans, uncuff, or preferably both. Personally i dont give a shit how bad you look if you just like looking worse than the average guy on the street. The difference between you and the average guy is hes too scared to attempt any fads or trends, like the cuffing your so desperately trying to make work. But since he doesnt attempt these fads he also doesnt fail at them, as you have. Its a bit sad to see people who come on this forum and take a step back stylistically because they want to fit in but dont have the wardrobe or the eye to make it happen, and thus just end up looking ghey and poseur. Youd look just as awful in a botched boottuck btw, as is so often seen here.
    please, like i said, break down the picture and show us. talking about it doesn't really help. i would also like to point out the fact that you "came to this forum" in march of 2011. have you taken steps forward stylistically by buying temple of jawns jackets? i hope so.

11. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior Member

please, like i said, break down the picture and show us. talking about it doesn't really help.

i would also like to point out the fact that you "came to this forum" in march of 2011.
    have you taken steps forward stylistically by buying temple of jawns jackets? i hope so.

wtf?

12. wEstSidE

read through his posts. there are only like 10 of them. this guy only posts about two things: scottm's cuffs and toj jackets he buys.

13. wEstSidE

because it seems like you joined just to post about how much you hate scottm.

we're talking about the majority? people here mainly?
    look, show me your j.crew and zara outfits and get it over with.
    who are you? i mean who are you to say this that and the other thing? what do you know? are you the big boss at Monocle? is that it? are you editor of Dazed and Confused? iD? provenance and credentials.

i think his jeans fit very well. you wanna put everyone in skinny jeans?

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Scott looks fine. All this proportion/height shit only works in solo photos on the internet. Once actually interacting with other human beings the illusion is shattered.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It wasn't great but in terms of proportions being off making him look hobbitish, Scott has posted worse, dunno why this particular fit has suddenly blown up into a shitstorm.. guess we were just due for one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.