The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

It was raining tonight hendrix, this is what I wore to play magic the gathering with a friend of mine.
    10char

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah thats me. I actually didn't grow up in suburban oh but in rural ky. Grew up on an organic farm and rebelled by wearing a&f and eating junk food in college.

Eventually wised up, shaved the shitty chinstrap (thank you Nicelynice) got rid of my piercings, lost weight, and got out of the midwest.

dont forget "got an asian girlfriend" (assuming that she is your girlfriend. and asian)

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

I know this has been mentioned countless times to you before, and I hate to rehash it but I feel pretty strongly that you should just stop cuffing your pants all together. I know you want to show off the cool lining inside the jeans but it makes it look like your shoes begin where your knees should be or something, kind of like this [​IMG]

Also the long 3/4 length coat does you no favors. Im sure youre very secure and comfortable with your height but its always best not to accentuate these kinds of things.

a coat that hits slightly below belt line = not a 3/4 length coat

Also, if the dude likes cuffs then he likes cuffs. Being short does more to make a person look short than cuffing pants

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

lol thursday nights on UPN

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

synth that is dope, but I wish you had something similar to the cloak jacket to wear that wasn't that cloak jacket...it's so structured and cropped and rectangular it feels slightly out of place to me.

6. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

synth that is dope, but I wish you had something similar to the cloak jacket to wear that wasn't that cloak jacket...it's so structured and cropped and rectangular it feels slightly out of place to me.

+1. the top is too structured/formal for the bottom. rick definitely does very tailored pieces like his knife blazers but he never pairs that sort of stuff with his trainers.
    jacket + hightop is pretty incongruent and difficult. maybe margiela could pull it off..

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

agreed, but I didnt wanna say anything because that would have gave synthese what he wanted.

[​IMG]

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

synth, any alternative angles?
    checked sg too[​IMG]

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Would look better with something more substantial than converse knock-offs. Maybe wrap your feet with flannel or chambray shirts? Or barefoot.

Yeah but aren't those like 400 dollar converse knockoffs??????

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i like the boots that scott has they match nice with the jacket. the chucks don't look right at the bottom of those jeans, can't really explain why.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Would you feel better if everyone wore jcrew?

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

i like the boots that scott has they match nice with the jacket. the chucks don't look right at the bottom of those jeans, can't really explain why.

It was raining tonight Eason, this is what I wore to play magic the gathering with a friend of mine.

I'm quite aware that my footwear choice was not ideal, fact of the matter is that it was shitty weather and all my footwear is suede at the moment.

14. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

what happened to the 'i only wear white tennis shoes' zeal from several months ago?

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I know this has been mentioned countless times to you before, and I hate to rehash it but I feel pretty strongly that you should just stop cuffing your pants all together. I know you want to show off the cool lining inside the jeans but it makes it look like your shoes begin where your knees should be or something, kind of like this Also the long 3/4 length coat does you no favors. Im sure youre very secure and comfortable with your height but its always best not to accentuate these kinds of things.
    His pants only look like that because he's not wearing chunkier shoes or boots. Also the coat thing is fucking stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.