The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Funkdoobi, listen to this guy's advice and maybe, some day, you'll also be able to enroll in community college!

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

If you want to wear a ponytail, trench coat, and chuck taylors you better be Japanese and have a body fat percentage under 8%.

I bet you're a hell of a dungeonmaster though.

Have to disagree, the look is definitely better suited for Shadowrun.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Styleforum is also great because it gives people the chance to self identify as ignorant morons whose brains have been curdled by mommy and daddy's $$.

note: if comment was tongue in cheek, my bad (but if not--fuck you for real).
    also: nothing wrong with being rich and spending parent's cash obviously--know many awesome people who live this kind of life. none of them look down on ppl for being "lower class" though.

guilty [​IMG]

4. J_H_D

J_H_D Active Member

Was tongue in cheek...I even own some J Crew. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gotcha. my bad man. can be hard to tell on interwebs. must learn to control indignant reactions. also--you dress well.

5. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

If you want to wear a ponytail, trench coat, and chuck taylors you better be Japanese and have a body fat percentage under 8%.
    This part is on point though. The ponytail and white crewneck undershirt are not doing you any favors in the "avoiding looking like a member of the Comp Sci department" department.

6. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I bet you're a hell of a dungeonmaster though.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

thanks man, always appreciate the feedback of random pieces of shit [​IMG]

He's not totally off the mark. Based on how you look I'd guess that you have no educational background in marketing and that you're taking taking your artistic/technical skills and trying to adapt them to a business environment. It's not necessarily a bad image to have but if you want to be taken more seriously wear a suit.

gotcha. my bad man. can be hard to tell on interwebs. must learn to control indignant reactions. also--you dress well.

lol no worries. And thanks.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

/workwear joke

Yup. Everything that is hot in workwear I grew up around, except it wasn't worn by people on a clothing forum, but more by ignorant redneck racists who drove their tractors to high school.

9. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

He's not totally off the mark. Based on how you look I'd guess that you have no educational background in marketing and that you're taking taking your artistic/technical skills and trying to adapt them to a business environment. It's not necessarily a bad image to have but if you want to be taken more seriously wear a suit.

lol no worries. And thanks.

Sorry but wearing a suit in most modern creative departments would be ridiculous. Sadly, it's not like madmen. As much as I like 3 martini lunches and burning through secretaries...

10. saelan

saelan Senior member

I think funkdoobi would look okay if he lost the goatee. Ponytail is a bit questionable but it doesn't look like a crash n' burn to me. At least it's a hairstyle. Trench would probably be better with boots or more substantial shoes.

The guys I know in advertising wear hoodies and ball caps to work.

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

12. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

bows, you look mean dude. in a good way.

iffy about the pants, but the rest is solid.

13. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I think funkdoobi would look okay if he lost the goatee. Ponytail is a bit questionable but it doesn't look like a crash n' burn to me. At least it's a hairstyle. Trench would probably be better with boots or more substantial shoes.

The guys I know in advertising wear hoodies and ball caps to work.

Ad / marketing guys usually dress like they're still in college to prove they work for a cool, and you know, web 3.0, bro company.

14. funkdoobi

funkdoobi Senior member

correct, no background in marketing. that's because i'm a graphic designer. that works in a casual work attire studio. thanks for trying, though.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Bows has best SF transformation.

Gap is widening between him and 2nd place.

Baller hair is definitely helping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.