The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

the wear is spread.

This is a GOOD thing. Items will last longer if the wear is spread out onto multiple pairs.

Dirty white shoes look fucking terrible.

Sorry, internet.

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

yeah I feel you. waiting for my toj to arrive in hopefully 2ish weeks.

pants are 98/99% cotton.

other is poly? the shine in the pants is appealing. toj minimalist dr?

3. stick

stick Senior member

again, i'm going to appeal to you being and knowing nothing. you ask sizing questions about j crew oxfords.

Give him credit. His sig also says he's looking for "uniglo."

4. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

They're not really that shiny irl, it's either poly or spandex or something. They're very slightly stretchy. I fucking love Shipley lately though. I don't even know why. Everything just fits well.

Yeah, toj minimalist in medium grey.

5. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

jacket looks like some american apparel steez

quality aint much better, tbh. But actually i like it and always get compliments on it when i wear it, which is pretty much only when its overcast/raining.

6. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

As for the argument over Mike...(sorry to perpetuate)

I see where everyone is coming from. My personal opinion is that ,here, you should keep your criticisms (especially harsh ones) pretty conservative until you've got a solid grasp on your own look and are generally respected by the SF audience. Until then, no one really wants to take critique from someone without the credence to dish it. This has already been said in other words, but just to re-hash. But definitely in Mike's defense he is a sport when it comes to people critiquing him and that speaks volumes. Also gives him a little leeway to talk some crap -- but it should be playful and endearing. Not vitriol.

Me, personally, I like to use my critiques and compliments sparingly and only when feeling especially passionate about a point. I think trying to assert your opinion and (in some cases) almost authoritative, definitive stance on what does and does not work -- I think that detracts from credibility. This is bad, but also, in full disclosure, I don't like overly complimenting people because it only leads to a human nature reaction of cyclical compliments between you and the other poster...so you never get a true understanding from that person moving forward. You may end up as just friends blindly complementing one another and I think arguing that would be difficult. There are exceptions (I have seen 'regular', 'respected' posters on many occasions give honest/real/even harsh critique to others of their same caste -- and I've always respected those exchanges). So of course, exceptions to everything -- but the cyclical/redundant/expected complementing is a general observation.

Re; the Kiya fit. Whereas once this post may have been "What are you wearing today?", it's probably evolved into kind of a more "what kinda crazy shit are you wearing today that we've never seen strewn together". But what Kiya said was valid - he was at the park with his family and that's what he wore that day. Is it an insane outfit? Nope. Is it what he wore that day to the park with his fam? Yep. Would repeated fits of the same ilk get somewhat redundant and boring? Yep. Do people have the right to still continue to post them? Yup. Can you skip over them and get to the ones you like more? Bet your bippy you can. [​IMG]

G'day.

7. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

This is a GOOD thing. Items will last longer if the wear is spread out onto multiple pairs. Dirty white shoes look fucking terrible. Sorry, internet.
    I do agree with the first sentence, the next is kind of difficult, as broken-in can look good in one fit and out of place in the other. Work in a office all day, broken sneakers... ehh not so much. There is always a line in how beat they are, destroyed CP's, i dont like either but a little dirty (not grass/mud, but dust dirty) can look really good. Yet, i did not recommend to get them dirty, but rather some grey off-whites ones.
    As for the argument over Mike...(sorry to perpetuate) I see where everyone is coming from. My personal opinion is that ,here, you should keep your criticisms (especially harsh ones) pretty conservative until you’ve got a solid grasp on your own look and are generally respected by the SF audience.
    I completely disagree. Why even say something harsh even if you are an older member, this is so far from my view as it could be. If you have been around forever you should probably had picked up on almost every fit criteria and desired aesthetics possible, and generally know what you want. In case you have that much knowledge when why not share it? Isnt a forum supposed be a community in stead of look-at-me-i-got-the-longest-dick competition? Styleforum has much more potential then what is being utilized. Of course you can disagree with someone, but in stead of saying something harsh, then use informative points and constructive criticism.

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

beat up canvas sneakers generally look good in fits, imo.

9. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

To me it's just dirty to walk around in mud covered / stained sneakers unless you're doing something outdoorsy. White sneakers will get progressively less white by wearing them normally, you don't have to beat on them.

It's a personal thing. Like women and religion.

10. Waffle

Waffle Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    pretty bad pictures, but i'm wearing a khakigreen jacket, a green/gold/red flannelshirt with elbow patches, cropped olivegreen trousers, fair isle-patterned socks, blue vans with leather details and a black backpack with leather straps

11. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Wait, this dude is talking about how i look like a random guy on the street? Mike, i don't know where you live but it must be a helluva great place.
    As a fellow resident I can attest to the fact that Baltimore is one of the WORST places. It's like living in a third world country minus the great ethnic food and sexy brown women.

12. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

Got Dayum! talk about gang mentality [​IMG]

this isn't the only forum where the kid has a habit of being an arrogant doormat.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

? Isnt a forum supposed be a community in stead of look-at-me-i-got-the-longest-dick competition? Styleforum has much more potential then what is being utilized.

Wait a second while i populate my sig with quotes about how awesome i am

14. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Wait a second while i populate my sig with quotes about how awesome i am

Some guy who has a variation of the color black in his name certainly needs his daily ego boost. [​IMG]

15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    pretty bad pictures, but i'm wearing a khakigreen jacket, a green/gold/red flannelshirt with elbow patches, cropped olivegreen trousers, fair isle-patterned socks, blue vans with leather details and a black backpack with leather straps

what is the brand of the socks? Love the shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.