1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

Nice that they let you take pics in the store, I'll definitely have to stop by. Hopefully they'll still have smaller sizes in stock for me to try on! And +1 on the herringbone, so good.

2. snake

snake Senior member

Been thinking of getting rid of my gf1 for the fuji x100. decisions decisions

3. the shah

the shah Senior member

saw that on ur blog, only thing i don't like is that for 1k you're getting a fixed-lens camera and you can easily get a monster dslr setup for that price

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

not really.

5. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Got my hair cut eyesterday, don't know if it shows in the vid properly, though. Basically just left the top completely untouched and shaved the sides and back.

6. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Can I make the recommendation that you practice with a metronome?

Even slow songs shouldn't drag, if you can get that slow but unyielding rhythm the audience will really get into. Obviously you can slow it down for the last couple of bars or whatever.

7. asobu

asobu Senior member

Ivwri, thanks for making the best post of the year in SW&D. All of the stuff in the store fits you perfectly. So good. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  8. colabear

colabear Senior member

@ noobizor : now I know who has a poster of me hanging in their bedroom wall

@ john water's asian cousin: prease, prease stop stalking at me. your TOJ is down there and I'm waaaayyyyy up here OK

1 person likes this.
  9. miran

miran Senior member

I look at that phto, start swaying, and humming...

"All in all, it's just another....brick in the wall.....ta da dadadaa...ta da dada.

tatataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeaaee

tatataaataeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat tat ta dh tat ta dah tada duh...

dddddddddddeeeeeedttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeee tatada....."

10. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

That'd be a big jump in terms of low light capabilities. However, the only thing that I don't like is that it's only got one focal length(I actually love prime lenses) and the lens doesn't interchange.(this part I hate) Also I hear the controls are pretty bad. It's pretty though!

edit: just saw someone said this already^^. As far as getting a monster dsl-r setup not sure about that ,but it'd have the same sensor (for a camera of 1k) as the x100..and probably better controls, and room to grow as far as lenses are concerned.

11. DLester

DLester Senior member

Ivwri is killin it

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

so other than Jockey, how about AA tanks? I need these in bulk ASAP. anyone recommend which type of AA tanks?

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i bought an american apparel tank and it tore on the first wash. was fragile tho, prob my fault. i didnt feel like hand washing it tho. but now i have the balmain effect on my tank :D

14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

There are also imperial pilsners. I'm not a huge fan of Sam Adams in general, but theirs is one of the best I've had.

Jockey sells tanks with a scalloped hem? Or do you just hem them that way?

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

sunday hangover fit
    [​IMG]

16. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

+1, looks amazing. how tall are you, if you don't mind me asking? i always assume that at 5'10" i can't really carry off yohji

17. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Same. Had never owned any AA stuff and recently bought a tank while I was traveling in Europe. Wore it once and had my gf wash it when I got home. Went to put it away last night and the under arm seam was torn! Thankfully it was cheap.

18. robbie

robbie Senior member

[​IMG]
    boomer sooner
    wrangler
    roy/cone
    nelson sprayer

1 person likes this.
  19. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks a lot guys.

snake - Yeah they were very cool about everything really. Really liked the vibe of the store and seeing so many people wearing Yohji in one place really put a smile on my face. You should also check out L'Eclaireur. I went to the one near the Concorde metro station (can't remember the name of the area now, but you can very easily find it on google maps once you are in the area). They do have 4 other branches throughout the city so you'll definitely be sorted. There's also Colette. As for non-shopping destinations, will get back to you at the end of the trip (if you still need any input). :slayer:

asobu - :embar: :D

robinsongreen68 - I am about 6'2", but I don't think you need to be particularly tall to pull off Yohji. wire.artist over on Stylezeitgeist does Yohji exceptionally well and is definitely not tall. Yohji himself wears his own clothes all the time and he's a tiny guy, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to pull it off at your height. Looking at his women's stuff has shown me that the very same philosophy goes into his men's line. The more the clothes look unruly, billowing, lived in, "anti-fit", slouchy, draped and even rumpled the better methinks. It's all about the attitude. :)

20. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Whoa robbie, you lost weight and hemmed your roy's! Very happy to see it :slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.