Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

You mean a duster? Last time I went to the GW Deli in DC, there was a guy wearing Wrangler denim vest, matching jeans, and a full-length denim duster. He topped it off with a black cowboy hat and grey ostrich cowboy boots. I legitimately loved the boots, but the rest of it made me simultaneously laugh and throw up in my mouth a little.
    yeah, that must be it. I guess I never realized it was a cowboy thing since I always saw it worn with hiking boots , dad jeans, and a metal band tee. :shudder:

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

mellonjello i dont get oyu at all. you are willing to drop serious cash on clothes but you have the dorkiest IT nerd glasses ever, and your haircut kind of sucks. spend $ on that shit first.

Oh, yeah? I do need to do something with my hair right now, last cut came out kinda shitty. Need to get some shit to put in it.
    But I did get new glasses! They're a little wide for my face, but so is everything [​IMG]
    I think they're good enough. Eh? Oliver Peoples Shaw in Storm
    [​IMG]

Very nice. Which CPs are those? They look like the regular black training boots, but I didn't realize that the sole was that light on them.

They're the ones you think they are, they just look kind of light in my picture. Also, I think there's a lot of variation in the "distressing" between pairs.

I really regret passing up the version with the canvas panel on the side when some guy on SuFu had them
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...n+Projects&d=h

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

no. those glasses are much too large for your face. do not keep those.

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Agree with Teger, and I like oversized frames. Those just don't look good on you

5. melonadejello

[​IMG] Sucks cause the highest range shit I can try on anywhere around here is goddamn ray bans Anyone know a narrower frame that comes in something like OP's Storm or Salt's Asphalt? I really don't want to get black plastic. If I could even find one I liked in that. Le sigh.

6. g transistor

Some OP stores may still have the NDG-1 x OP. That frame may look good on you, cause I feel your current frames are just too rectangle, not particularly too large. I got mine about 8 months ago and they had a ton left. About $200 if I can remember correctly. Will probably look good on you and comes in black or tortoise and other colours too.

If you call some stores/email them they'll let you order online and also return as well due to the nature of buying glasses online. Good people.

7. melonadejello

Some OP stores may still have the NDG-1 x OP. That frame may look good on you, cause I feel your current frames are just too rectangle, not particularly too large. I got mine about 8 months ago and they had a ton left. About $200 if I can remember correctly. Will probably look good on you and comes in black or tortoise and other colours too.

If you call some stores/email them they'll let you order online and also return as well due to the nature of buying glasses online. Good people.

Hmm. I had always assumed those NDG's were pretty big, but they are in fact 2mm narrower than these. Might have to check em out.

8. g transistor

They're pretty versatile frames, Teger might have had a pair (not sure? I might be remembering something else altogether) and Mellow had two at one point.

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

I do. I like em. They are a medium sized frame.

10. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

They're pretty versatile frames, Teger might have had a pair (not sure? I might be remembering something else altogether) and Mellow had two at one point.

i bought mellow's tortoise and someone else recently bought his black ones

11. melonadejello

Well shit, contactsandspecs has them in Storm, but they're $315, special order.
    I'll call around tomorrow I think, but I might just do that. I have the funds since I just sold a bunch of shit. Those kind of websites always give me the heebie jeebies though. Shall see.

12. g transistor

I found a lot of sites like that "selling" them. Contact the OP stores directly (I just went through all the stores in the US and mass emailed them about the color I wanted). I also bought mine for $315, not $200 like I thought. Definitely worth it though, they've been through a lot and it's easily justifiable since it's something that'll be on your face everyday.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, you're hot melon.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mellon you have a really nice face. [​IMG]

I figured that imgur's instant catification feature would help his pic out a bit:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.