1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i met a girl yesterday who told me she loves coffee. and the next sentence was i love dunkin donuts coffee

2. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

to find someone who doesn't ask me if I mean 'carmel machiatto' when I ask for a machiatto.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] awful
    thanks to starbucks for brainwashing the masses of already ignorant north americans
    once while working as a barista, some lady gave me MAJOR tude when i asked her if she meant a real machiatto or a starbucks one. [​IMG]

3. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

equivalently, would you like a droplet of milk or half a gallon ?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] awful thanks to starbucks for brainwashing the masses of already ignorant north americans once while working as a barista, some lady gave me MAJOR tude when i asked her if she meant a real machiatto or a starbucks one. [​IMG]

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

ever play exquisite corpse?

well put.

6. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

I live in a neighborhood with both stumptown and intelligensia within walking distance [​IMG]

goddamn I love stumptown

Hometown pride!!

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] awful thanks to starbucks for brainwashing the masses of already ignorant north americans once while working as a barista, some lady gave me MAJOR tude when i asked her if she meant a real machiatto or a starbucks one. [​IMG]
    Yeah, I like that starbucks has crazy cheap refills on Iced Coffee, but that is about it. They've sort of done to coffee what mcdonalds did to the hamburger. At 'the coffee cottage' of Lexington NE I was asked if I wanted whipped cream on top of my macchiatto. I also had to explain to them what a Macchiato was and basically had to make the drink myself. The barista was so scared she'd mess up my drink she wouldn't even pour in the milk. Ohh, and nobody out here has actual espresso machines... just the crappy ones you can buy at costco and sams club. I've asked to have an extra shot pulled which also left them beyond perplexed by what I'd asked.

8. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

Shit son, kixslf wearing a pair of tights.

DOIN IT.

Nah but freals... they are dope. I wear them a lot. Girlfriend just bought me the green ones too. Ha.

I live in a neighborhood with both stumptown and intelligensia within walking distance [​IMG]

It's not about the coffee... it's about the Barista and the machine. Stumptown/Intelligensia/FourBarrel for life.

9. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Yeah, I like that starbucks has crazy cheap refills on Iced Coffee, but that is about it. They've sort of done to coffee what mcdonalds did to the hamburger. At 'the coffee cottage' of Lexington NE I was asked if I wanted whipped cream on top of my macchiatto. I also had to explain to them what a Macchiato was and basically had to make the drink myself. The barista was so scared she'd mess up my drink she wouldn't even pour in the milk.

Ohh, and nobody out here has actual espresso machines... just the crappy ones you can buy at costco and sams club. I've asked to have an extra shot pulled which also left them beyond perplexed by what I'd asked.

So do you go to fast food restaurants and tell them what a burger is supposed to be, a la Falling Down? Do you go to Todai and ask for the omikasa?

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

stumptown is also excellent. i think a new roasting plant is opening in redhook ? have you tried 9th st espresso ? the one in the chelsea market wasn't as good but on 10th and A is pretty nice. they stopped using intelligentsia a couple years back, though
    The place that serves stumptown near me is coffee only. I need to stock up on beans as gifts for coffee drinker friends one of these days My favorite place to get espresso is zibetto on 6th and 57th i think? Awesome, but totally eurotrashy

11. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

hows the fit on the W+H hoody? its an XS, im thinking any size S would fit like a smock on me. [​IMG] props to mello for the good price on the hoody and for it getting here in 2 days.

12. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

So do you go to fast food restaurants and tell them what a burger is supposed to be, a la Falling Down? Do you go to Todai and ask for the omikasa?

No, in this instance I ordered a machiatto and they didn't know what I meant so I explained what it was in the hopes they would make it for me. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about w/ regards to 'Falling Down' and 'Todai', sorry.

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

New parka came in the mail today, but I can't decide whether to keep it or not.

[​IMG]

Band
    Band
    J. Crew
    nonnative
    Common Projects

Cue the mellowfellow cloning comments [​IMG]

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

So do they.

[​IMG]

15. bows1