Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

wild snorlax appeared
    [​IMG]

I like this, until I get to the goddamn gats. That was the worst idea SF ever came up with. The light tee underneath is a nice touch, but I don't think its necessary here.

2. ramp

ramp Senior member

Shah,

The top half and shoes look good, but I think the fit would benefit from a less tapered pant. Which is what I think GN was going for. Asobu=Yohji=looser pants.

3. xM.

xM. Senior member

I like this, until I get to the goddamn gats. That was the worst idea SF ever came up with.
    The light tee underneath is a nice touch, but I don't think its necessary here.

the gats look really clown-shoe in that shot, even if you're not a fan they looked a lot less stupid in real life, hah. thanks though.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

AR I never wear my Rafstros with the tongue outside the strap (unless I have the strap totally undone) does it feel weird like that ?

Did them up your way when I changed back after work. Took a quick pic on the way out. It doesn't really make much difference to me. With the strap outside, the jeans fall over the tongue rather than behind it. I don't think it really looks better or worse one way or the other.

[​IMG]

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

either way looks pretty awesome.

6. stick

stick Senior member

Looks way better tongue out.

Sf approval of gats is ruining a lot of fits. Worst offender was someone a few weeks back that was decked out in EG and other workwear stuff, but with gats. [​IMG]

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Looks good either way but I think better tongue in. The only low GATs that look good are uniform white or black ones. None of that white + grey suede or whatever going on

8. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

9. DLester

DLester Senior member

either way looks pretty awesome.

yeah looks sick

10. saelan

saelan Senior member

shah, the blazer and the pants both look ''too big'' to me instead of just drapey or loose. did you try sizing down?

Hey, how old are those RL shoes??? I have the same pair that I got back in, yikes, 1998 or so.... I still have mine and they look decent still, too. Yours are in a bit better condition but if they are around 12 years or so old like mine, they look great.

I have no idea how old they are! Wish I did. I bought them on ebay two years ago and they were in virtually new condition -- deadstock, I'm assuming.

saelan, looks great. What APC's are they? NS?

Thanks! They're petit standards.

Sf approval of gats is ruining a lot of fits. Worst offender was someone a few weeks back that was decked out in EG and other workwear stuff, but with gats. [​IMG]

I dunno, they are "army" trainers, right? I don't see why they shouldn't work in a workwear fit, even if they're associated with the mmm aesthetic. I mean, I'm not really a fan either way, but just for the sake of argument...

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

GAT backlash is funny. GATs generally are a bit of a microcosm of the pendulum effect of groupthink... couple people hype and the pendulum starts gaining momentum towards the positive until finally it reaches maximum hype, and the further that maximum hype exagerrates the positive aspects of something, the greater the counterswing. The resulting movement in the other direction exaggerates it negatively to the same excessive degree. Now people are just making ridiculous comments about how they ruin every fit and only X kind can ever look good. FYI people: the vast majority of GATs are not particularly obtrusive sneakers and it is pretty tough for something that's just not that interesting to make, or break, a fit.

13. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Rafs looked much better with the tongue out IMO, but I seem to be the only one who has an opinion on this. [​IMG]

I dunno, they are "army" trainers, right? I don't see why they shouldn't work in a workwear fit, even if they're associated with the mmm aesthetic. I mean, I'm not really a fan either way, but just for the sake of argument...
    They're *indoor* training shoes, so yeah, they are going to look pretty retarded with anything outdoorsy.

14. esswhykay

esswhykay Senior member

[​IMG]
    A higher collar would help offset your long neck.

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.