The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afc345

afc345 Senior member

2. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

pretty much been wearing something like this most weekdays:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shoes are so UNIQUE. It is not my style, but it is indeed very interesting!

[​IMG]

too much blue? after seeing this i wish i threw on some old faded jeans instead.

The jacket is really cool. I like it A LOT!

3. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

afc- toj looks too big. Nice avatar by the way, love his stuff. Baroness rules.

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] j crew epaulet jean shop alden

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

[​IMG]

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

8. APK

APK Senior member

[​IMG]

Kunk almost looking scrawny. [​IMG]

TOJ / Drkshdw / CP

[​IMG]

I like this until we get to the feet. Color-wise, everything gels. The sneakers look out of place, though, in the context of the rest of the outfit. Everything is giving off this dark, edgy vibe, but then the shoes are bright and shiny looking; almost cheerful, if that makes sense. I'd like to see the same ensemble with boots swapped in.

9. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

[​IMG]

isaora
    nico
    lang
    brato

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I like this until we get to the feet. Color-wise, everything gels. The sneakers look out of place, though, in the context of the rest of the outfit. Everything is giving off this dark, edgy vibe, but then the shoes are bright and shiny looking; almost cheerful, if that makes sense. I'd like to see the same ensemble with boots swapped in.
    I get it man. You want boots. You don't like sneakers. There is nothing bright about black sneakers that are all suede except the tongue, which is also black. That being said I will occasionally wear something similar with my Mihara boots. The thing is, the TOJ just begs for sneakers - boots look MORE out of place, not less.

The leather is matte but like any leather has a sheen. The jeans are waxed. The patent tongue is not out of place in that context. They gel fine. The camera makes the white sole appear whiter, but yes, it will get grungier with wear.

11. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

Manute Bol died dude [​IMG]

must have been gheorghe muresan then.

12. APK

APK Senior member

I get it man. You want boots. You don't like sneakers. There is nothing bright about black sneakers that are all suede except the tongue, which is also black. That being said I will occasionally wear something similar with my Mihara boots. The thing is, the TOJ just begs for sneakers - boots look MORE out of place, not less.

The leather is matte but like any leather has a sheen. The jeans are waxed. The patent tongue is not out of place in that context. They gel fine. The camera makes the white sole appear whiter, but yes, it will get grungier with wear.

I have nothing against sneakers. Stop taking everything so personally.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I have nothing against sneakers. Stop taking everything so personally.
    Uh I'm not... personally implies something said about me as a person, not about my shoes.

The disconnect here appears to stem from the kneejerk reaction that moto leather -> moto boots. In reality a heel here would throw off the proportions because the jacket is cropped and slim, and I'd end up looking vaguely reminiscent of Uncontrol, give or take some dignity. I will wear it with boots, for sure, but it does make the whole package look a bit off. TOJ really wants a flat sole.

/moo-nalysis

14. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

In reality a heel here would throw off the proportions because the jacket is cropped and slim[...] TOJ really wants a flat sole.
    Dunno, I think there a few good examples of the dr w/ sleek heeled boots (like these appear to be 1, 2, 3). You're right that a chunky boot would look bad though. Sneakers are fine too, just that those CP's are the only contrasting element in your fit and that throws it off for me too.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^Part of the problem is that I'm tall so the whole thing gets elongated and a heel has a different effect on me than on the average azn dude. Second one looks okay but hard to tell with the lighting. First is a bit chunky for my taste.

[​IMG]

Is this the gilt leather? Looks way better than the first fit pic you posted, I take back my "too small" comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.