The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Says the dude who wears a leather and raw jeans every fit and doesn't even look good in them. Although I see what you are doing there.
    dude i'm so sick of raw denim + flannel fits shit is so boring god grow some originality

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

is everyone just terrible at detecting irony today? Or is meta-humor to much for SW&D right now?

In case you need an explanation: people complain about raw denim and flannel fits. I am parodying this complaint in response to a picture of a dog with said items on it.

Of course, you're entirely catty in response for no reason at all.

And TyCoon wonders why I said the female version of this forum resembles mean girls.

EDIT: Nice ninja edit

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

APC original standard, 3 years old. check the wallet fade. What do you guys think of fit? Jcrew Shirt. [​IMG]
    That's hilarious. Thank you for that. The picture is pure happiness. Your dog is fucking thrilled about his look
    [​IMG]
    Bottom half could use some work. Shoes especially
    [​IMG] you guys asked for it, here it is
    Nice. I've been working down a bottle of Lagavulin 16 lately. Prefer it to the frog you got there in terms of the peaty ones. I'm going to be really sad when my bottle runs out. I bought some balvenie doublewood (off recommendation of a friend) to divert my attention some but it's a bit too syrupy and sweet like macallan. Lemme know next time you're back out on the east coast. I missed the nyc meetup or whatever it was
    fit also looks better if you remove the dress pants, I think [​IMG]
    Top half is pretty much perfect. Need a new black leather really badly. I haven't been that thrilled about the rick jackets i've handled the past few seasons. Love that stooges one you have. I dunno. Will have to look around. Could always go ToJ i suppose
    not wearing anything of note today, but it was sunny and nice out all day so i figured why not [​IMG] first time in a while i could go out with a t-shirt and no jacket.
    Why is whodini hiding his face? also, how do you guys do that spoiler thing? when did that start?

4. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

That's hilarious. Thank you for that. The picture is pure happiness. Your dog is fucking thrilled about his look

Yeah, Boo Radley is really into denim. Wait for pics of him in his Diors next week. he is currently doing a hot soak.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

He looks like the could handle 17cms, hopefully with a TOJ lamb moto.

6. raags

raags Senior member

also, how do you guys do that spoiler thing? when did that start?

Just type [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] around the [​IMG]

7. steveoffice

steveoffice Senior member

[​IMG]
    good julius
    [​IMG]
    bad julius
    [​IMG] [​IMG] you guys asked for it, here it is
    need to pick up cigars and lifting again...

8. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is worth requoting. I don't know why but it's awesome. I think because it oscillates between the best thing ever and maybe the worst thing. The proportions are way off but somehow it just works. Or maybe it doesn't work. But it's visually compelling. I guess "yes" was the only appropriate reply, whether he meant it ironically or not.

9. 1up

1up Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Nice and clean. Haven't seen you post many fits lately, but they're always very enjoyable. MoK, past few fits are looking great, like the creativity. Thanks for your input on my fits a while back as well.

10. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

APC original standard, 3 years old. check the wallet fade. What do you guys think of fit? Jcrew Shirt.
    [​IMG]

needs more brand synergy

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

APC original standard, 3 years old. check the wallet fade. What do you guys think of fit? Jcrew Shirt.
    [​IMG]

I see your APCs and J.Crew - when you're ready to step up to the big leagues, you're gonna be wearing Japanese Leepros and a handmade sukajyan

[​IMG]

12. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Dressing animals is just creepy, unless your the (prior) owner of Sam..

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

your fits have been great as of late slack!

14. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Are red neckerchiefs some MC thing I don't get or is it just coincidence?

I think it's just coincidence [​IMG]

MoK, I've always wondered: you seem to take your WAYWT pictures in pretty public places. Do you just set your camera down in the middle of the park and snap a photo of yourself? [​IMG]

Yes - I tend to take pictures at quieter times, but over time you grow less self-conscious. I don't carry a tripod, so it's finding somewhere with a wall or taking them from the ground up.

This looks great. Wish I could find a vest that fit me that well.
    Cheers - I was lucky with the fit - I wouldn't want it any smaller though. I picked up a couple of these Universal Works vests in one of the sales.

mok, that shade of blue is really great. nice pants here.

i too would like to know what is with the neckercheifs[​IMG]

Thanks. They looked darker on ASOS but I was quite pleased with the shade when they arrived.

MoK, really like the fit. The neckerchief is a bit off though in my opinion; then again I'm not much of a style guru

Thanks.

------

Anyway what I was attempting was basically an English rural workwear look. From the mid-nineteenth century (and possibly a little earlier) right through to the mid-twentieth century the normal dress for rural workers in Kent (and pretty much most of Southern England) was the following:

• Long trousers - sometimes tweed, sometimes heavy cotton, sometimes moleskin/corduroy
    • Longsleeved shirt - generally plain cotton or rough linen, and generally collarless, often over-the-head rather than a full button-through. The tattersall's people often associate with English countrywear were more for farm owners and gentlemen.
    • Waistcoat/vest - again sometimes tweed, sometimes heavy cotton, sometimes moleskin/corduroy
    • Rolled & knotted neckerchief
    • Cap (or sometimes a bowler/coke )
    • Stout boots (typically hob-nail)
    Obviously in colder weather a jacket or coat would be worn over the top.

My great-grandfather was a miller in the 30's/40's and somewhere or other my mother has photos of him wearing pretty much these clothes, and even into the 1950's and early 60's pictures of my grandmother working on a hopfarm show that the older men were still wearing this 'uniform'. Obviously with black & white photos it's difficult to say what colour the neckerchiefs were, but from what I can tell red or blue were probably the most common (I'm guessing the darker colours didn't show the sweat and grime as much).

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[
    IMG]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/rewihendrix/IMAG0021.jpg[/IMG]

Nice fitting leather
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks good. Great shirt
    [​IMG]

I haven't seen many all grey fits i've liked, but this works pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.